Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The no BS news hour ain't MSM, not prim and proper, definitely not for the faint of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    The no BS news hour ain't MSM, not prim and proper, definitely not for the faint of heart.

Com'on Dan, we're talking Democrat here. Can do no wrong and no accountability needed. Keep this up and the two guys in a Uber are going to pay you a visit tonight.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-17-21 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Com'on Dan, we're talking Democrat here. Can do no wrong and no accountability needed. Keep this up and the two guys in a Uber are going to pay you a visit tonight.
    Huh?

not prim and proper, definitely not for the faint of heart.
    And definitely not cynical, an act,
    'Cause buttons.

What I know is that Governor Gretchen Whitmere did not win Detroit last run [[Shri Thanedar did by 200K+ votes). Detroiter's still aren't impressed en-masse.

Additionally, it was close one for her with Schulte statewide.

I think she's may be a one-term governor. None of this looks good for her, and she's always had a eye on working at the federal level - but that may be dashed as well.

They have enough to do in two years sans her baggage.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-21-21 at 09:15 AM.

If she had an eye for the federal level, she'd be in Washington and Garland would be Gov
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What I know is that Governor Gretchen Whitmere did not win Detroit last run [[Shri Thanedar did by 200K+ votes). Detroiter's still aren't impressed en-masse.

Additionally, it was close one for her with Schulte statewide. I think she's may be a one-term governor. None of this looks good for her, and she's always had a eye on working at the federal level - but that may be dashed as well.

They have enough to do in two years sans her baggage.

What?! She tried - she was not chosen - as was widely reported.

Anyway, my point stands. She may be a one-timer and not just due to the right-wing or conservative quotient as she'd like many to think. Detroiters are very aware of many promises, broken.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If she had an eye for the federal level, she'd be in Washington and Garland would be Gov
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-18-21 at 10:58 AM.

Dems didn't rubber-stamp Whitmer's order on COVID patients in nursing homes, say state lawmakers

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...tate-lawmakers

For sure it's NOT an either/or construct [[so often posited to say that two issues cannot be problematic and in need of challenge, simultaneously. When of course they can).

Former gov. Snyder has issues impacting the citizenry of Michigan, as does current governor Whitmer. Ask a Detroiter.

Quote Originally Posted by ASilvaman View Post
    Detroit and flint needed more transparency from Snyder and his administration, but here we are on Whitmer again.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-18-21 at 11:13 AM.

CRUCIAL UPDATES:

Whitmer, Gordon drop confidentiality clause in former health director's $155,000 settlement

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/whi...000-settlement

After backlash, Whitmer and Gordon waive nondisclosure...

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/govern...-chiefs-155000
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-18-21 at 11:07 AM.

She said, before her meeting with Biden, that she wouldn't leave Michigan in the middle of a pandemic and in the middle of her term. She wanted to finish what she started.
    What?! She tried - she was not chosen - as was widely reported.

Anyway, my point stands. She may be a one-timer and not just due to the right-wing or conservative quotient as she'd like many to think. Detroiters are very aware of many promises, broken.

I don't know where in that article Channel 7 sees anything about rubber stamping her orders. The first rep was concerned about nursing home laws before Covid and the second one says that there was a bill to change legislation but it died in committee. And both say that Lucido is over stepping.
    Dems didn't rubber-stamp Whitmer's order on COVID patients in nursing homes, say state lawmakers

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...tate-lawmakers

He wants her job. He should be focusing on the correct hair color he puts on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    He wants her job. He should be focusing on the correct hair color he puts on his head.
    As should the governor.

She said, before her meeting with Biden, that she wouldn't leave Michigan in the middle of a pandemic and in the middle of her term. She wanted to finish what she started.
    Probably wanted to keep an eye out her tracks stayed covered.

By finish you mean destroy the state economy and kill as many elderly as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    By finish you mean destroy the state economy and kill as many elderly as possible?
    Oh wait...........https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...a0e_video.html

Executive order on long term care facilities. Read it......https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9...4172--,00.html
    Last edited by Maof; March-20-21 at 03:14 PM.

When what they write is so ridiculous why respond?
    Last edited by bust; March-21-21 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    When what they write is so ridiculous why respond?
    Sometimes, I like to bring attention to the ridiculousness

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Sometimes, I like to bring attention to the ridiculousness
    Washington post does people a great service by putting up a paywall. I am sure I am not alone in refusing to pay for the drivel and biased narratives masquerading as objective news put forth by holier than thou hacks.

It's interesting that you think WaPo is just drivel and you're glad they have a paywall; they don't activate it until one has used up their allotment of articles for the month...Means the user would have to read 5 or 6 articles by those "holier than thou hacks" to activate the wall
    Washington post does people a great service by putting up a paywall. I am sure I am not alone in refusing to pay for the drivel and biased narratives masquerading as objective news put forth by holier than thou hacks.
    Last edited by jcole; March-21-21 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    You mean from the fake virus that "supposedly" killed people, who really died from something elsewhose and whose death certificates were being falsified?

Gretchen Whitmer may soon face Cuomo-like scrutiny over nursing homes, lawsuit plaintiffs say

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gre...plaintiffs-say

Yes, YES and y-e-s, I know this is a Foxsnews-link [[which I rarely reference), so let's hope they have it all wrong.

Tell that to the family members of Detroiter's who buried their loved ones, including in some cases multiple members within the same family in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    You mean from the fake virus that "supposedly" killed people, who really died from something elsewhose and whose death certificates were being falsified?

I'm always able to view it and I don't have a subscription. But anyway, there's other sources to view DT's constant drivel regarding the pandemic [[and then some), but I'll refrain from doing so at the moment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast