Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Default Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Whitmer's curious ex-health director's separation agreement...

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...on/6883888002/

I don't think the questioning of this is going away. It's top of mind for most Detroiters I talk and work with. Especially considering our disproportionately high numbers impacted by COVID. I think we need to know more.
    Detroit and flint needed more transparency from Snyder and his administration, but here we are on Whitmer again.

Where are the radicals here? Is it left to Libertarian Mouch to say that there should be no documents or conversations or anything that a public official does that should not be able to be visible to the public.

And further to my radicalism, there should be no severance agreements. NONE. This is public, taxpayer money. Its not a private firm -- this is governmental service. If you aren't willing to go to work for the Governor without a contract, then you aren't worth having.

All that said, I defend Cuomo and Whitmer against the accusation [[which I think is the issue here?) that they pushed seniors into nursing homes, to face death.

In the early pandemic days we were trying to 'flatten the curve'. Avoid hospitals filling up. So trying to get people out of hospitals into nursing homes seems reasonable. Even if they knew there would be an increased death rate -- there was an obligation to protect the broader public from even bigger overall harm. Tough decisions. Its what leaders are suppose to make. We don't want leaders who are afraid to make tough decisions. [[Got too much of that already.)

This hospital vs. nursing home thing looks bad in hindsight, but at the time it was a tough decision.

[[Caveat... if it become known that they were motivated by appearances for politics over people's lives, that is different. Haven't heard any reason to doubt Governor Whitmer. Cuomo may have a harder test since he did seem to not want to use the Trump medical ships, as I recall. If he decided to move seniors to care homes to avoid using Trump ships, well then the let the ships fall where they may.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Where are the radicals here?
    Is it left to Libertarian Mouch to say that there should be no documents or conversations or anything that a public official does that should not be able to be visible to the public.
    No. Even for someone with a hero complex, that's lame.
    Many of us said the same, days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Cuomo... did not want to use the Trump medical ships, as I recall.
    Wrong. Like those who wrongly recalled the Iran-Contra scandal, over and over again.

Trump and his Navy Secretary prohibited anyone with COVID from entering the Comfort. Anyone with 49 other ailments too. Supposedly it was for our benefit it accepted such limited overflow. Didn't work out that way. Didn't stop some from heralding it as some kind of PR coup. You know who.

Its limited mandate and bureaucratic rules left the Comfort so underutilized Cuomo petitioned Trump to allow COVID patients aboard.
    Quite the opposite of what Mouch said.

This was a Detroit, at least a Michigan thread-- until Cuomo was pulled into it.
    Same guy hijacked the GPP thread.

Never once have I complained to the admin about a post or a poster.
    But I correct boldfaced lies.
    At least when they don't come from someone whose never-ending constantly-growing word salad posts are so full of disinfo it's impossible even to keep up with them.

Maybe all off-topic lies would be best uncorrected.
    Maybe admin will let us know.

This forum is supposed to be about Detroit.
    Last edited by bust; March-15-21 at 01:31 AM.

For sure it's NOT an either/or construct [[so often posited to say that two issues cannot be problematic and in need of challenge, simultaneously. When of course they can).

Former gov. Snyder has issues impacting the citizenry of Michigan, as does current governor Whitmer. Ask a Detroiter.

Quote Originally Posted by ASilvaman View Post
    Detroit and flint needed more transparency from Snyder and his administration, but here we are on Whitmer again.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-18-21 at 11:13 AM.