Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Our country is the greatest in the world.
    Many of our citizens are still terrible people.

This neighbor will have to stand in judgment one day for his actions.

And for me, it always goes back to the old saying, how does that guy even sleep at night?

Jacobellis v. Ohio 1964: Can the state of Ohio ban the showing of the film “The Lovers, which the state had deemed obscene. This is the case where Justice Stewart uttered the now infamous statement “"I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced but I know it when I see it”.

So just replace the obscene film with the KKK flag and we got the same thing and the courts will rule the same way. Who decides what flags to ban? Who decides what is hate, like in hate-speech or in hate-crime? What is racially insensitive or ethnically offensive, who decides? Can someone make a list of everything that should be censored? Who would that “someone” be, a judge, an elected official, you, me? So we’re back to good old Justice Stewart’s “but I know it when I see/hear it”.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    America is all about racism, too.
    Harsh but I don’t disagree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2