Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Rush Limbaugh Conservative Talk Host RIP

Rush Limbaugh, conservative media icon passes following cancer battle...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/media...ary/index.html

Let's see, how does that go? Oh yeah ....

'Thoughts and prayers'.

I think that's it.

As my coworker said "well, he did have a family so it's too bad for them"

It's my understanding [[I didn't listen to his show) that he'd not broadcast for a few weeks. Two radio/media giants gone in a month [[King, Limbaugh).
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-17-21 at 02:20 PM.

Putting Larry King and this beast in the same thought should be criminal.

Following tRump's praise of him this morning, he continued with this non-sense....

"Well Rush thought we won, and so do I by the way, I think we won substantially, and Rush thought we won and he thought it was over at 10:00, 10:30, it was over. And a lot of other people feel that way too, but Rush felt that way strongly. And many people do, many professionals do," Mr Trump said. "And I don't think that could have happened to a Democrat, you would of had riots going all over the place if that happened to a Democrat, we don't have the same support at certain levels of the Republican system, but we have great people as Republicans."

Last edited by Maof; February-17-21 at 03:28 PM.

So much 'thought' is becoming criminalized - with the goal post of what determines that constantly in motion. These two did indeed represent polar opposites - and yet all things come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Putting Larry King and this beast in the same thought should be criminal.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-17-21 at 05:11 PM.

Of course, even though it was Limbaugh that died, it was all about Trump. I wish he'd give someone the chance to eulogize him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Following tRump's praise of him this morning, he continued with this non-sense....

"Well Rush thought we won, and so do I by the way, I think we won substantially, and Rush thought we won and he thought it was over at 10:00, 10:30, it was over. And a lot of other people feel that way too, but Rush felt that way strongly. And many people do, many professionals do," Mr Trump said. "And I don't think that could have happened to a Democrat, you would of had riots going all over the place if that happened to a Democrat, we don't have the same support at certain levels of the Republican system, but we have great people as Republicans."

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Of course, even though it was Limbaugh that died, it was all about Trump. I wish he'd give someone the chance to eulogize him.
    Sooner rather than later please

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    So much 'thought' is becoming criminalized - with the goal post of what determines that constantly in motion. These two did indeed represent polar opposites - and yet all things come to an end.
    I haven’t noticed a single thought that has been criminalized???

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    I haven’t noticed a single thought that has been criminalized???
    There's this thing called "cancel culture" which gets people fired or not hired for characterizations of things they might have said or did that don't fit the left wing/corporatist narrative when they were teenagers. Every totalitarian society has it and fashions it to their own needs.

Cancel culture [[or call-out culture) is a modern form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – either online on social media, in the real world, or both
    Cancel culture - Wikipedia

That is not "thought"; it's action.
    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    There's this thing called "cancel culture" which gets people fired or not hired for characterizations of things they might have said or did that don't fit the left wing/corporatist narrative when they were teenagers. Every totalitarian society has it and fashions it to their own needs.

Cancel culture [[or call-out culture) is a modern form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – either online on social media, in the real world, or both
    Cancel culture - Wikipedia

'God' cancelled Rush.

Or consequences [[the cancelling/ censoring) as a response to one thoughts put into action, or pending.

That is not "thought"; it's action.

A thought put into action is no longer a thought. It is an action
    Or consequences [[the cancelling/ censoring) as a response to one thoughts put into action, or pending.
    Last edited by jcole; February-19-21 at 10:26 AM.

They're related, of course -- and often judged as so, especially when the accusing party finds it useful to point out that connection.

Ever heard of the concept of putting thoughts-into-action?

Exactly; once they are no longer just thoughts they become actions, so you put your thoughts into action.
    They're related, of course -- and often judged as so, especially when the accusing party finds it useful to point out that connection.

Ever heard of the concept of putting thoughts-into-action?

Oh, thank you jcole for letting us have thoughts as long as we don't express them or put them into action. I knew democrats had a benevolent streak.

I said nothing that wasn't true. Doesn't matter if you're Republican, Democrat or Independent. Thoughts are no longer just thoughts once they are put into action, or even written out, which in itself is an action. I never said not to express them, but if you do, there are always possible consequences
    That said, I'm not a fan of cancel culture myself. When it comes to someone doing something stupid 10 yrs ago, atoning for it and still being taken to task for it, it's ridiculous. There are things people should be taken to task on, like doing the same thing over and over with no remorse or just giving lip service that you're sorry.
    And let's not play the game that ONLY the Democrats play the blame game. What about Trump's followers wanting to boycott Bed, Bath and Beyond because of Pillowman? How about the Dixie Chicks being shunned for a song? Or Starbuck's for not putting Merry Christmas on their cups. Two can play these games and normally do.
    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Oh, thank you jcole for letting us have thoughts as long as we don't express them or put them into action. I knew democrats had a benevolent streak.
    Last edited by jcole; February-18-21 at 07:42 PM.

^ that falls under, for every action there is reaction.

Or giving somebody a taste of their own medicine.

Or two can play that game like you say.

When did the right go running around tearing down statutes or anything else that offended them,link please?

Lots of documented cancel programs that were implemented by the leftists that ended up turning out to be fake or a hoax.

It’s like a party of convoluted logic,kneejerk reactions that create unintended consequences.

If you guys had not started it in the first place,then the right would not have had to show you that,yes you can even be canceled out.

Granted some of the crazy stuff you guys come up with is okay,I kinda like as a man being able to use the women’s rest room,sorry about not lifting the seat last time,but maybe you guys could be offended and force them to put urinials in the women’s room.
    Last edited by Richard; February-18-21 at 07:51 PM.

Looks as though the same people outraged by a nazi flag in a window [[as they should be) also suffer from a serious condition called Schadenfreude.

Did Kara Swisher say it best?

"You perhaps should not say you are happy when someone dies, but you certainly can say you were appalled by their life."
    https://twitter.com/karaswisher/stat...46589063057413

Four years ago she also said "Rush is a bag of rage flesh."
    https://twitter.com/karaswisher/stat...32115084091392

Bette Davis said it best:
    "You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good.”
    Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Did Kara Swisher say it best?

"You perhaps should not say you are happy when someone dies, but you certainly can say you were appalled by their life."
    https://twitter.com/karaswisher/stat...46589063057413

Four years ago she also said "Rush is a bag of rage flesh."
    https://twitter.com/karaswisher/stat...32115084091392

Bette Davis said it best:
    "You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good.”
    ☝[[^∀^)☝

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast