Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The U.S. Senate acquitted Former President Trump of insurrection. The big blame on Senate Republicans who vote no! Now Trump will come out of his closet and plan rallies for the 2024 Presidential Election comeback. The Senate Republicans who voted no to have Trump be guilty of starting the Civil War against the U.S. Government will be losing their seats come midterm elections. House Republicans, you're next, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The U.S. Senate acquitted Former President Trump of insurrection. The big blame on Senate Republicans who vote no! Now Trump will come out of his closet and plan rallies for the 2024 Presidential Election comeback. The Senate Republicans who voted no to have Trump be guilty of starting the Civil War against the U.S. Government will be losing their seats come midterm elections. House Republicans, you're next, too.
    First comes 2022 and we take back the house and the senate! Anyone with half a brain can see we are headed for disaster with this administration!

Then comes TRUMP2024

The whites of your bloodshot eyes.
    Last edited by bust; February-13-21 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The big blame on Senate Republicans who vote no!
    This day will live in infamy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    First comes 2022 and we take back the house and the senate! Anyone with half a brain can see we are headed for disaster with this administration!

Then comes TRUMP2024
    2022???

We don’t have to wait that long.

Watching Trump purge the Republicans that still believe in democracy is going to be great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    We don’t have to wait that long.

Watching Trump purge the Republicans that still believe in democracy is going to be great fun!
    Sad but true... I found it interesting that Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina had the moral compass to vote to impeach Trump. I don't like the conservatism of both Burr and Cassidy of Louisiana, but give them kudos for voting their conscience. And then there is Josh Hawley, who was disrespectfully sitting up in the Senate gallery with his feet up, acting juvenile...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gistok; February-14-21 at 02:08 AM.

He was deliberately mocking the hypocrisy of the left!

They WILL self destruct!

Name:  E6A02EA4-8BF4-4237-AC47-509E5871E953.jpeg
Views: 913
Size:  137.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    The Republican Party isn't interested in granting asylum to brown people who are 99% hard-working & Catholic, let alone a Muslim from the Middle-East seeking asylum.
    A signifiant part of the Republican Party supports open border initiatives presumably because of some desire for profiting from cheaper foreign labor. But you forget there are brown and black Americans who will lose jobs or have their wages frozen due to the cheaper foreign labor at home and abroad [[imports) that Biden's supporters and that segment of Republicans want. Our choice is to prioritize American workers or foreign workers and those who profit from them. I made my choice. You made your choice of prioritizing foreign brown workers over America's black and brown workers. You also suggest those foreign brown workers are harder working than American black, brown, and white workers.

You're continually claiming that Antifa members were given a pass on their activities. Nothing could be farther from the truth... More Than 750 Protesters Arrested in Portland Since Protests Began 100 Days Ago [[newsweek.com)
    What punishment did Senator Kaine's son receive for his antifa antics after his arrest? I'm all for punishing Capitol rioters to the same degree that Linwood Kaine was punished.

If this same criteria towards arrests was used at the Capitol, there would be a lot more 'peaceful' protesters arrested. ‘They set us up’: US police arrested over 10,000 protesters, many non-violent | George Floyd | The Guardian
    ^^^This link doesn't work for me.

We can play link-a-dink all day on this subject. Your what-a-bout-isms towards anti-fa don't apply to what happened at the Capitol any more than the baseless Republican accusations that they were the actual cause of the Capitol riot.
    I disagree. Peaceful BLM/antifa protests that turned violent and destructive caused far more damage and violence than the Capitol riot. I'm not excusing the Capitol riot but rather pointing out the difference in scale and the toleration Democrats have had for antifa rioting. Washington, D.C.s' Mayor let antifa congregate in a park near the White House without federal troops around. Eventually Trump brought troops in to clear out that nest of hatred. But the Mayor was begging for troops and received 26,000 when the maga crowd showed up. Governor Cuomo sent troops on his own initiative without presidential approval making them sort of an occupation army. Pres. Biden will transfer $50B from other states to New York State in his $1.9T Porkulus Covid bill as a reward for mismanagement.

My favorite part of Trump's legal team defense is that the rioting at the Capitol shouldn't be taken as an "insurrection' because they didn't have a plan going forward to establish a new gov't. Stupidity didn't stop John Wilkes Booth and his gang of half-wits. If Mary Surrat can be charged, so can Donald J. Trump.
    As if all the antifa riots were not an insurrection. Remember Chaz? Aside from the fact that no politicians were assassinated in the Capitol riots, a huge difference, a better analogy to the John Wilkes Booth assassination of Lincoln would be to arrest and punish the guy who purportedly threw a fire extinguisher at the police officer. Or maybe since Democrats think that former presidents can be tried in the Senate, pick out some political figures from 1865 to impeach. There is nothing in the Constitution that says anything about living Presidents or whomever. That's sort of the democratic argument for why the kangaroo court was constitutional; because the Constitution didn't specifically forbid it. After all, something Democratic senators or a pre-bellum Democratic president said may have inspired John Wilkes Booth [[Democratic Logic). Have AOC or Maxine Waters substitute for John Roberts to make it more fun.

I've got a question for you and all Repugnants. I keep hearing about the 70,000,000 voters who were somehow disenfranchised by the election. After January 6th, how many of those 70,000,000 votes do you think remain loyal ? If you think it's the same percentage as those 140 or so Republicans that voted to remain loyal to Don in the House, I think you're seriously mistaken.
    Repugnants? is that like Democraps? I have no idea. It depends on things like how badly Democrats sell out Americans by the next election or how big the promised pre-election stimulus checks are.
    Last edited by oladub; February-14-21 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Where are the blue tears for Ashly Babbitt who, it could be argued, police had more of an intention to kill than George Floyd.
    I have plenty of empathy for the needless death of the American citizens that died at the capital including Ashly Babbitt and Rosanne Boyland who it appears was trampled to death by Trump’s mob.

Americans dying for the lying, corrupt, draft dodging tax cheating President Trump and his idiotic attacks on democracy to protect his own ego are disturbing to us who care deeply about America and our values.

I have plenty of empathy for the needless death of the American citizens that died at the capital including Ashly Babbitt and Rosanne Boyland who it appears was trampled to death by Trump’s mob.

Americans dying for the lying, corrupt, draft dodging tax cheating President Trump and his idiotic attacks on democracy to protect his own ego are disturbing to us who care deeply about America and our values.
    I also feel the same way about all the death and destruction left behind when peaceful BLM/antifa protests got out of hand and resent Americans having been forced to die for all the unconstitutional executive ordered wars since WWII .

By the way, Trump wasn't any more of a draft dodger than the Clintons or Obama. Trump had a documented medical condition that allowed him the join the military if he chose but he was not required to serve under the draft. He did not volunteer. Neither did the Clintons or Obama. Its like declaring a child credit on one's income taxes. No one is required to take such exemptions. Now that you bring up 'involuntary servitude', made illegal along with slavery by the fourteenth amendment, please note that Woodrow Wilson, and FDR both instituted a draft and Jimmy Carter instituted a draft registration. President Obama said the was in favor of extending the draft registration to include women. All were Democrats. Nixon and Harding, both Republicans ended the draft. That's a nice clear distinction regarding personal liberty.

Trump wasn't any more of a draft dodger than the Clintons or Obama. Trump had a documented medical condition that allowed him the join the military if he chose but he was not required to serve under the draft. He did not volunteer.
    Trump has a way of getting doctors [[and lawyers, and...) to say whatever he wants. Remember when his doctor wrote a letter declaring he'd be healthiest president in history?

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

It turns out Trump himself dictated that assessment, verbatim. That's according to the doctor, years later.

Among many other lies, the doctor agreed to lie about his height and weight. Trump also instructed him to lie about his length and girth but the doctor said there were "things he couldn't put in there."*

Wonder how much he paid for that. Wonder how much his dad paid for the supposed bone spurs diagnosis that spared him from serving in Vietnam.

Neither did the Clintons or Obama.
    I'm sure you'll find interesting this letter Bill Clinton wrote to Colonel Eugene Holmes. Col. Holmes headed the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Arkansas.

Clinton thanked him for "saving [him] from the draft." It gets even better. You may be surprised how much you share his perspective.

Obama was only 11 when in January 1973 the Vietnam War draft ended. He wasn't a draft dodger, he was a 4th grader.

There hasn't been another draft since.

I'm a draft-dodger no more and no less.

* Just kidding.
    Last edited by bust; February-14-21 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Trump has a way of getting doctors [[and lawyers, and...) to say whatever he wants. Remember when his doctor wrote a letter declaring he'd be healthiest president in history?

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

It turns out Trump himself dictated that assessment, verbatim. That's according to the doctor, years later.

The doctor agreed to lie about his height and weight. Trump also wanted him to lie about his length and his girth but the doctor said there were "things he couldn't put in there."

Wonder how much he paid for that. Wonder how much his dad paid for his supposed bone spurs diagnosis to avoid serving in Vietnam.

I'm sure you'll find this letter Bill Clinton wrote to Colonel Eugene Holmes interesting. Col. Holmes headed the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Arkansas.

Clinton thanked him for "saving [him] from the draft." It gets even better. You may be surprised how much you share his perspective.

Obama was only 11 when the Vietnam War draft ended in January 1973. He wasn't a draft dodger, he was a 4th grader.

There hasn't been another draft since.

I'm a draft-dodger no more and no less.
    You are claiming or imagining that when he was 18, before he was president, Trump already had these superhuman powers to make doctors write what he wanted? Of course we know that all rich people have those same powers. It is one reason conscription is less fair than advertised because if you are richer or smarter, you are more likely to find the loopholes. Going to 20 doctors might, for instance, find one who will find something wrong the others didn't. Its quite legal. Just like going to a good accountant at tax time.

Obama and Hillary weren't draft dodgers but my point was that like Trump, they did not volunteer. Trump produced some documentation that he had bone spurs which didn't keep him out of the army but was enough to keep him from being drafted. Government doctors had to sift through anything someone brings in. You infer that those government doctors were in on the deal. When I was at the Fort Wayne induction center in Detroit, a Greyhound from Ann Arbor pulled up and it seemed like everyone getting off of that bus had a stack of paperwork with them. My guess is that they too were more likely to likely to have taken advantage of their knowledge than most of the black kids from Detroit or white kids from Podunk and were less likeley to serve involuntarily. I would think you would be opposed to forcing anyone to serve involuntarily instead of supporting involuntary servitude. Even Richard Nixon opposed involuntary servitude and unconstitutional war when he ended the draft and then Johnson's Vietnam War and significantly raised enlistee pay. Anyone who calls Trump a draft dodger either doesn't understand Selective Service law or supports involuntary servitude or both.

Since this thread is about the fall of the GOP, I would like to make this case; if you don't want your kids or grandkids, including girls, to be sucked off to some stupid unconstitutional war and/or be paid sub standard wages serving involuntarily, voting for the right GOP candidates is an option.
    Last edited by oladub; February-14-21 at 04:33 PM.

You are claiming or imagining that when he was 18, before he was president, Trump already had these superhuman powers to make doctors write what he wanted? Of course we know that all rich people have those same powers. It is one reason conscription is less fair than advertised because if you are richer or smarter, you are more likely to find the loopholes. Going to 20 doctors might, for instance, find one who will find something wrong the others didn't. Its quite legal. Just like going to a good accountant at tax time.

Obama and Hillary weren't draft dodgers but my point was that like Trump, they did not volunteer. Trump produced some documentation that he had bone spurs which didn't keep him out of the army but was enough to keep him from being drafted. Government doctors had to sift through anything someone brings in. You infer that those government doctors were in on the deal. When I was at the Fort Wayne induction center in Detroit, a Greyhound from Ann Arbor pulled up and it seemed like everyone getting off of that bus had a stack of paperwork with them. My guess is that they too were more likely to likely to have taken advantage of their knowledge than most of the black kids from Detroit or white kids from Podunk and were less likeley to serve involuntarily. I would think you would be opposed to forcing anyone to serve involuntarily instead of supporting involuntary servitude. Even Richard Nixon opposed involuntary servitude and unconstitutional war when he ended the draft and then Johnson's Vietnam War and significantly raised enlistee pay. Anyone who calls Trump a draft dodger either doesn't understand Selective Service law or supports involuntary servitude or both.
    Talk about not getting it.
    Now you have me doubting your reading comprehension ability.
    You may want to give it another try, more slowly.
    Last edited by bust; February-14-21 at 04:35 PM.

Talk about not getting it.
    Now you have me doubting your reading comprehension ability.
    You may want to give it another try, more slowly.
    I didn't think I was going over your head but maybe it has to do with your level of comprehension. You also excluded my last part which was important to this discussion-

Since this thread is about the fall of the GOP, I would like to make this case; if you don't want your kids or grandkids, including girls, to be sucked off to some stupid unconstitutional war and/or be paid sub standard wages serving involuntarily, voting for the right GOP candidates is an option.
    Last edited by oladub; February-14-21 at 04:56 PM.

Oladub, You forgot the 800 pound gorilla in your discussion... multimillionaire Trump Sr. I'm sure he was behind lining the pocket of some doctor to get the deferment, so his son [[or sons, since he had several), could escape the useless slaughter of Vietnam.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-14-21 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post

Then comes TRUMP2024
    You must be psychic? With less than a month into the new term, you are that sure of it... hehehe.

In 2022 the Republicans have 20 senate races to defend vs. 14 for the Democrats... and with so many Republican Senators departing... that will be a colossal undertaking. You could be right about the House though... depends on how quickly the pandemic ends and how the economy is doing.

But after 4 years where he not only lost the House, the Senate and the Presidency. I think that after the Capitol riots, and Trumps total indifference to the pandemic [[he's never shown an ounce of empathy)... I imagine that his base has decreased somewhat from 74 million.

Good luck with your prediction... and the other half of your brain...
    Last edited by Gistok; February-14-21 at 07:54 PM.

I didn't think I was going over your head but maybe it has to do with your level of comprehension. You also excluded my last part which was important to this discussion-
    I didn't exclude it; it wasn't there when I replied.
    It's a magical moment; I wouldn't have passed it up.
    We AGREE!
    I can make it even better:
    Last edited by bust; February-14-21 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    You could be right about the House though... depends on how quickly the pandemic ends and how the economy is doing.
    Add to that redistricting.
    Current districts already put dems at a disadvantage,
    And the 2020 Census was wack.

Worse, redistricting is usually up to the State Houses, and likely to get worse,
    Largely because of State districts--
    And redistricting will likely make State districts worse.

The wack will be Census wack * district wack recursively recursive.

Early signs are it will be tough midterm election for House and State House democrats.
    I hope not.

At least it's still fairer than the Senate.
    Last edited by bust; February-14-21 at 09:11 PM.

Correct. At the same time voting for the wrong one is catastrophic.

Vindictive prejudicial hate filled knee jerk reactions are not leadership in the slightest.

Example:
    The Solar Wind hack. Everyone in the intelligence community and the private computer security industry informed President Trump that the Russians perpetrated the hack. What does Trump do in response? Blame the Chinese. All that does is motivate our adversaries to screw with us more. The Chinese because they were falsely blamed. The Russians because we spend more resources against the Chinese. The stupidity of Trumps idiotic axe grinding has serious repercussions.

One would think you could see the damage he can inflict. Considering he single handedly just lost the Republicans the house, senate, WH, Arizona, Georgia and the list is not done because he isn’t. The vindictiveness will continue.

Correct. At the same time voting for the wrong one is catastrophic.

Vindictive
    prejudicial hate filled knee jerk reactions are not leadership in the slightest.

Example:
    The Solar Wind hack. Everyone in the intelligence community and the private computer security industry informed President Trump that the Russians perpetrated the hack. What does Trump do in response? Blame the Chinese. All that does is motivate our adversaries to screw with us more. The Chinese because they were falsely blamed. The Russians because we spend more resources against the Chinese. The stupidity of Trumps idiotic axe grinding has serious repercussions.

One would think you could see the damage he can inflict. Considering he single handedly just lost the Republicans the house, senate, WH, Arizona, Georgia and the list is not done because he isn’t. The vindictiveness will continue.
    That probably was not the best example to use,or if you are going to use it maybe use it correctly?

“The Cyber Hack is far greater in the Fake News Media than in actuality,” Trump tweeted on Saturday morning. “I have been fully briefed and everything is well under control. Russia, Russia, Russia is the priority chant when anything happens because [US media] is, for mostly financial reasons, petrified of discussing the possibility that it may be China [[it may!)”

He did not say it was the Chinese ,he said it may be China.

Or in plain English,who gives a crap what the intelligence agencies said in their knee jerk reaction.

The hack hides its footprints,so they will never know who perpetrated it,so why spread false Information to the public.

If the intelligence agencies had been doing their job,the hack would have never occurred in the first place.

They were just like some others,to busy looking for something to make Trump look bad instead of doing their job.

If you remember that is why Trump fired the moron whose only job was cyber security and the prevention of foreign agencies hacking into our systems.

So what does he do? Go in front of the newspapers and declare that this was the most secure election in the history of the United States.

In order to divert attention from his screwup,he had zero to do with election security but yet he manipulated the gullible into believing him.
    Last edited by Richard; February-14-21 at 10:22 PM.

^^^
    So sad not funny it's sad, so sad.

ABetterDetroit,
    Would the ex-failer-in-chief ever admit a failure?
    Especially one so disastrously huge?

I see Richard is editing his post, as usual,
    Something about how it iterates.
    This response is not to him.

EDIT:
    Twice as long now,
    That much more I will not read.
    Last edited by bust; February-14-21 at 10:29 PM.

Of course some will agree with a lie.

The failures come from people posting false information in their rush to place blame on others for their shortcomings.

Simple enough to dispute.

Post the link where Trump directly blamed the Chinese as stated in the post.

That false narrative was used to engineer an entire post,Surly Trump has enough already for those to find fault with,without having to make stuff up.

Its not like he is a democrat and just throws false claims out there just to make it look good.

You guys keep on Trump but looked the other way when Obama committed treason and colluded with the enemy during a war and gave them classified information,by telling ISIS where and when drone strikes would happen,so they could leave in advance.

But I guess that will be his impeachment in 2022.
    Last edited by Richard; February-14-21 at 10:34 PM.

Looks like Georgia is going after Trump's Rump... due to vote "irregularities".

NY is going after him for other reasons.

And then there's the strippers/prostitutes...

And unless he has total immunity for what crimes he may have committed in office... I bet at least one of the folks who died at the capitol are going to have relatives who will seek compensation.

From 2012 to 2018 it was Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi... Fox News kept up the drum beat, and the "followers" kept posting about it on social media.

Now until the end of time... I'm sure MSM can follow suit with Capitol Capitol Capitol Capitol... just as soon as the lawsuits are thru.

Funny how an impeachment trial isn't a "judicial" trial, so that doesn't count as a resolved lawsuit.

Looks like Georgia is going after Trump's Rump... due to vote "irregularities".
    I hope he defects to Putin where he came from.

Oladub, You forgot the 800 pound gorilla in your discussion... multimillionaire Trump Sr. I'm sure he was behind lining the pocket of some doctor to get the deferment, so his son [[or sons, since he had several), could escape the useless slaughter of Vietnam.
    Wrong. In post 87 I wrote, "Of course we know that all rich people have those same powers. It is one reason conscription is less fair than advertised because if you are richer or smarter, you are more likely to find the loopholes. Going to 20 doctors might, for instance, find one who will find something wrong the others didn't. Its quite legal. Just like going to a good accountant at tax time." You must have missed that. That useless slaughter in Vietnam, you mentioned, was of course the doing of Pres. Johnson[[D) and that draft that allowed it was leftover from FDR [[D). In this case, [[D)+[[D)= Death and Destruction or as you correctly put it, "useless slaughter of Vietnam".

I don't have any reason to believe that Trump didn't have bone spurs given that Selective Service doctors have to revue x-rays and other material. To suggest those doctors lied would indict the entire concept of the draft. I'm ok with that because I oppose this version of Democratic Party imposed involuntary servitude. I do, however, have reason to believe that Trump, because of family wealth had better access to more and better doctors who could prove that Trump did have bone spurs that might otherwise have been missed at a Selective Service physical.

Neither Trump, the Clintons, or Obama volunteered to serve if you want to condemn them all for that.
    Last edited by oladub; February-15-21 at 08:33 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast