Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Zacha, I believe you joined the forum during the Kwame Katastrofefe.

So, that’s a good thing.

And Lowell had more traffic than he could handle during the KK Kontrovercy.

Time has given me some perspective and has soften the edges of acrimony yet not dulled the reality of the harm Kwame did to the city.

Residents know how long they have endured inflated assessments.

Kwame did that.

Residents have lost neighbors due to tax foreclosure, and the city has lost neighborhoods to the same.

Kwame did that.

Poisoned ground? Check. Pensions cut? Check.

Kwame did more. 8.2 million more things.

He did more than get some tension release from a side piece. It wasn’t a private matter between privates.

It was a pirate matter that plundered the future of this city.

And no one loves a pirate more than Trump.

Kilpatrick's sentence was commuted. Not a pardon.

Remember when he met with the mayor in Windsor? He parked his Escalade in the heat for 3-4 hours with the engine and air conditioning running while his security detail stood guard around it. Hardly a crime but demonstrates his mentality.

Right on! You're right and I posted tirelessly that KK's accusations where well beyond an illicit affair. DUH! The justification drove me nuts! Like some partial Schadenfreude factor of those giddy and sated that he was sticking it 'to the man -- just like they do' made me really ANGRY.

It was sad to see that celebratratory stealing from your-own-house pass advanced from the brain-wash. But beyond this I continue to see the same 'self-distructive' agenda's going forth, and advanced, well beyond Detroit!

I despise REVENGE [[our turn) politics! Which greatly fueled KK's corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    ...He did more than get some tension release from a side piece. It wasn’t a private matter between privates.

It was a pirate matter that plundered the future of this city.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-21 at 01:51 PM.

Hahahahahahaha...

It takes a con man to know a con man. Trump is the gift that just keep on giving to the end, ain't he rightys? Holla at ya'lls boy.

^ Thankfully I'm a political orphan, not too assigned [[or expectant) either way. This is not so new... Not too long ago former President Clinton commuted and pardoned some questionable folk with a tad of hoopla!

Bill Clinton Pardon Controversy

List of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-21 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The question should be for African Americans is why didn't former President Obama didn't pardon Kilpatrick
    The question is more like, how is this even a question??

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    20 Years from his conviction, not 20 years from now.

Why is Michigan law only 20 years? It should be forever.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; January-20-21 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Not for 20 years, and he remains a felon - on record with a huge debt.
    Felon with his convictions,based on it happened while in public office,he can never run in politics again.

I hear that. See my comment #16!

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    The question is more like, how is this even a question??

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    20 Years from his conviction, not 20 years from now.
    Which would make it 2033, from conviction in March 2013.

President Obama was in Detroit for Labor Day rally before the 2008 election.

curious. .. there were some premature announcements earlier in the summer that apparently got delayed.. I guess he'll go to wherever his sons live, for now [[Texas?). I believe his mother lives in Georgia, currently. [[Also, Ms. Beatty is in the Atlanta area; hopefully Mr. Kilpatrick doesn't head down that way to live
    Of course there's the matter of his restitution, which realistically won't get paid back much at all.
    Michigan state law bans him from running for office in Michigan until 2033. Which is not to suggest that he's interested. [[Hopefully not). If he returns to any sort of public life in the immediate future, I'd speculate that it may involve a podcast or some other form of radio/TV talk show. If he goes on some kind of paid lecture circuit, so be it. I won't be going, or donating.
    He's a guy who screwed up badly, mostly intentionally. I don't see him as somebody to hate but he's not any kind of "down for the cause" hero, either. Hotep sycophancy can get just as bad as M_GA, and I want no part of either one.

Sorry, I thought he was convicted before that
    Edit: I was looking at his 2010 conviction
    Quote Originally Posted by ptero View Post
    Which would make it 2033, from conviction in March 2013.

Agreed! Well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    He's a guy who screwed up badly, mostly intentionally. I don't see him as somebody to hate but he's not any kind of "down for the cause" hero, either. Hotep sycophancy can get just as bad as M_GA, and I want no part of either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yes, it's a distinction worth noting as there were some who, while believing Kilpatrick to be guilty found the 28 year sentence too long.
    Presumably the most corrupt, self-dealing president in history doesn’t believe in long sentences for public corruption.

I can guarantee this man will be back in jail in his life eventually. He is a textbook psychopath and that can never be reformed. Feel bad for his future victims in Atlanta.

Meh Atlanta is going down the path that Detroit worked so hard to get away from,or is already there ,at this point in time he would be welcomed there.

I do feel kinda bad for 3W though,he escaped it and now it follows him down there like a bad dream.

Trump has nothing to gain from this, why at the final hour do this?
    To troll those whom he perceives as his enemies.
    All day, all night, he has that in mind.
    Look at his other pardons and commutations too.
    Trolls love making people angry, and Trump is the biggest troll ever there was.
    PS. Trolls are the "losers"; don't let them get under your skin. Their proper judgment will come.
    Last edited by bust; January-21-21 at 05:48 AM.

The only thing I find amusing about this is every single person who ranted about how Obama better not pardon Kilpatrick [[or commute his sentence) is inevitably a Trump fanboy or fangal.

I realize that somewhat contradicts my previous statement, but he knows his fans will forgive him for anything [["I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue...") so his target wasn't them.

Besides, any guesses how much Kilpatrick paid for this? Everyone knows he's far from broke, and pardons and commutations were up for sale. If ever there were someone who believed in paying for political favors, besides Trump and Giuliani [[and Manafort, and ok maybe half of everyone who recently broke their lease in the DC area), it's him.
    Last edited by bust; January-21-21 at 05:50 AM.

As far as Trump commuting KK sentence, one way or another Detroiters were going to be upset. Personally, I think his sentence was kind of harsh. I think that other mayors of this city were also far from perfect, but they weren't as blatant and brazen about the pay for play and other shenanigans that KK was.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    As far as Trump commuting KK sentence, one way or another Detroiters were going to be upset. Personally, I think his sentence was kind of harsh. I think that other mayors of this city were also far from perfect, but they weren't as blatant and brazen about the pay for play and other shenanigans that KK was.
    I agree. But I still hate the guy. Never an ounce of contrition. Maybe that's another reason: so much in common with Trump.
    At least Kilpatrick is not a troll.
    Last edited by bust; January-20-21 at 09:48 PM.

Trump has nothing to gain from this, why at the final hour do this?

Really awful. Can Kwame be charged with state crimes now? What about the girl he murdered?
    Thinking about it a little more,Trump used to be a democrat and supported the democrat party ,this may have something to do with a past favor that was owed to another democrat in power.

Or he has been pushing and implementing prison reform and it just may have been because some view it as falling under the unjust sentencing guidelines.

I think the answer lays more with,who had his ear to press it.

A majority of pardons are the result of somebody sponsoring the request,so who was Kilpatricks sponsor.

I think you guys already know the answer to that and I think it is a safe bet to say that closet still holds a lot of skeletons.
    Last edited by Richard; January-20-21 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think you guys already know the answer to that...
    Strangers with Candy?Name:  strangers.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  20.6 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast