Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Trump pardons Kwame Kilpatrick

Trump has nothing to gain from this, why at the final hour do this?

Really awful. Can Kwame be charged with state crimes now? What about the girl he murdered?

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post

Really awful. Can Kwame be charged with state crimes now? What about the girl he murdered?
    What has he done that made ANY sense?

To troll those whom he perceives as his enemies.
    All day, all night, he has that in mind.
    Look at his other pardons and commutations too.
    Trolls love making people angry, and Trump is the biggest troll ever there was.
    PS. Trolls are the "losers"; don't let them get under your skin. Their proper judgment will come.
    Last edited by bust; January-21-21 at 05:48 AM.

Thinking about it a little more,Trump used to be a democrat and supported the democrat party ,this may have something to do with a past favor that was owed to another democrat in power.

Or he has been pushing and implementing prison reform and it just may have been because some view it as falling under the unjust sentencing guidelines.

I think the answer lays more with,who had his ear to press it.

A majority of pardons are the result of somebody sponsoring the request,so who was Kilpatricks sponsor.

I think you guys already know the answer to that and I think it is a safe bet to say that closet still holds a lot of skeletons.
    Last edited by Richard; January-20-21 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think you guys already know the answer to that...
    Strangers with Candy?Name:  strangers.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  20.6 KB

Trump used to be a democrat
    Trump has never been anything. He just detects which way the wind is blowing and walks in that direction. He does or says whatever is needed to enrich himself.

I have no idea what Trump's motivations were, perhaps this was not a decision personally made by him. I doubt a president vets out every single pardon or commutation, but rather this is in action by his administration.

I'm torn. 28 years is a long time for a financial crime, but 7 years seems kind of short for what Kwame did to Detroit. I doubt he'll willingly pay any restitution.

It's done. I hope Mr. Kilpatrick is a different person. It's a new day with adults at the helm of the country. The sun is shining bright on the snow covered yards and streets of my city.
    Last edited by Scottathew; January-21-21 at 10:40 AM.

Hah! Not coming to Trumps rescue or anything [[that's not my kick or obligation) but sadly he's not unique to that penchant.

We've seen it before from many politicians local, and on the national stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    He [Trump] just detects which way the wind is blowing and walks in that direction. He does or says whatever is needed to enrich himself.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-21-21 at 11:58 AM.

Trump will be whatever is expedient to Trump. He was a Democrat when it behooved him to be in with the Hollywood/Entertainment crowd. He wanted a TV show and he got what he wanted. When he decided that he wanted to run for office and would never have won running as a Dem, he recreated himself to run as a Republican. He went so over the top that he never thought he would win either way, but he got surprised. So, becoming the farthest of the far right worked for him. He is in a new phase now, so who knows which way he'll go. I doubt either side is feasible so I have no doubt it will be one of two things: he will either attempt to set up his own Party and draw away from the Republicans or he will start his own church, just like Kwame will probably do. There's money in that as well as noteriety and they get to rub shoulders with the wealthy and influential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah! Not coming to Trumps rescue or anything [[that's not my kick or obligation) but sadly he's not unique to that penchant.

We've seen it before from many politicians local, and on the national stage.
    Last edited by jcole; January-21-21 at 01:39 PM.

Yep. I am feeling that too. Too long on one end yet much too short on the other. I'd never vote for him on any level to do anything relative to public policy or governance. The blatant, bold-faced greed was just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    ...I'm torn. 28 years is a long time for a financial crime, but 7 years seems kind of short for what Kwame did to Detroit. I doubt he'll willingly pay any restitution.

I think Trump did it because as far as he was concerned Trump thought nothing K.K. did should have got him 20 years and he knew he’d &?## off a whole lot of a Democrats. What an insult to Detroit. Thank goodness he isn’t our problem any more.

Trump hated Michigan, from the Governor on. Releasing Kwame is a jab at all Detroiters who suffered throughout Kwames reign. Even jabbing his supporters.
    If I was for Trump before, I would certainly not be now, he's betrayed all of us who
    went through the raping and pillaging of Detroit by Kwame. He was a major part of the bankruptcy and all Detroit workers and retirees lost big time. Thanks Trump, you orange idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Trump hated Michigan, from the Governor on. Releasing Kwame is a jab at all Detroiters who suffered throughout Kwames reign. Even jabbing his supporters.
    If I was for Trump before, I would certainly not be now, he's betrayed all of us who
    went through the raping and pillaging of Detroit by Kwame. He was a major part of the bankruptcy and all Detroit workers and retirees lost big time. Thanks Trump, you orange idiot!
    Your representatives disagreed,they speak for the people?

The request was in a letter handed Thursday to Trump by Democratic state Rep. Sherry Gay-Dagnogo at a White House reception.

https://apnews.com/article/c0d89f909...d1708bd0d81be2

If they had not requested it,I would highly doubt Trump would have even given Kilpatrick a second thought.

• It's important to note that in all cases of clemency, pardon or otherwise, the person's conviction is not overturned or removed from the public record. In fact, some people feel that accepting a pardon is tantamount to an admission of guilt. Those seeking to remove a criminal record will need to pursue expungement or having their record sealed.
    • http://www.clearupmyrecord.com/pardo...cord%20sealed.

President Trump commuted the sentence of the former Mayor of Detroit, Kwame Malik Kilpatrick. This commutation is strongly supported by prominent members of the Detroit community," the White House said in a statement.

Maybe the ones that pushed for it had more to do with it ?

Your representatives and prominent members of the Detroit community decided he should be free.

They were acting on Detroit behalf as the representatives of the people and they were blue and not orange?

I agree it should have never happened,but I also think that if one is angry they should bring it up with those who represent in their best interests,and they decided it was in your best interests for him to be walking free.

I still believe it was more in their best interests,but that would be on you guys to seek those answers.

Or maybe your representatives just wanted to take a jab at Detroit and used that as a way to do it?

This commutation is strongly supported by prominent members of the Detroit community, Alveda King, Alice Johnson, Diamond and Silk, Pastor Paula White, Peter Karmanos, Representative Sherry Gay-Dagnogo of the Michigan House of Representatives, Representative Karen Whitsett of the Michigan House of Representatives, and more than 30 faith leaders.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/det...ame-kilpatrick

It was pushed more as ,people of color receiving unfair sentences,so not even close to orange.

Karmanos said, adding he believes Kilpatrick "had done absolutely zero" wrong.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ng/4591375002/

Not for nothing but it was also a democrat that sponsored the bill to allow felons convicted of public misconduct,to be allowed to run for office after 20 years.

Actually at the end of the day,only a teaspoon of orange,involved in that sea of disaster.
    Last edited by Richard; January-25-21 at 11:35 PM.

Your representatives disagreed,they speak for the people?

The request was in a letter handed Thursday to Trump by Democratic state Rep. Sherry Gay-Dagnogo at a White House reception.

https://apnews.com/article/c0d89f909...d1708bd0d81be2

If they had not requested it,I would highly doubt Trump would have even given Kilpatrick a second thought...snip...
    I prefer the Orange Man wants to get Detroit story. I believe SG-D simply wants the opportunity to see the Detroit voters publicly repudiate K**2. I support any narrative that supports my narrative. Richard please stop making baseless claims.

Perhaps a message to Whitmere? And others.

Incredible the list goes on-and on!

What times we're living in...

...all of this hitting within the last few hours.

Is this plastic checkers, or long-term chess maneuvers?
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-21 at 03:28 AM.

The question should be for African Americans is why didn't former President Obama didn't pardon Kilpatrick

To Trump's thinking since his is not going to be president anymore. He will pardon the Black godfather King Kwame!

It's time to beat the spread.

Can King Kwame run again as Mayor of Detroit?

Yes in 2030

Watch out folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Yes in 2030

Watch out folks!
    Since it was commuted instead of pardoned, he is still subject to the 20 year ban on holding office.

That's right and I think his ability to practice law remains impacted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Since it was commuted instead of pardoned, he is still subject to the 20 year ban on holding office.

Still. Just the thought.

Not for 20 years, and he remains a felon - on record with a huge debt.

Yes in 2030

Watch out folks!

20 Years from his conviction, not 20 years from now.

Felon with his convictions,based on it happened while in public office,he can never run in politics again.

Yes in 2030

Watch out folks!
    You're right. I would believe that Detroiters would vote for him just by name recognition alone, not knowing the extent of his raping of the CofD.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast