Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There's a current story about a 23-year-old Wixom man snowmobiling on Wolverine Lake.

He fell through and died.

Now is not the time.

Really?? That's great news for my daughter's place at the top of Saginaw Bay near Au Gres. Levels have been so high the last couple years the beach is gone and water is starting to encroach on her garage. They had to spend over 20 grand to get a new breakwall put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Lake Michigan/Huron is down 12 inches since September.

I think it's the wind blowing across the open water in the dry winter climate that helps the water evaporate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Good to hear. Then a not so cold winter [[as it has been so far) will help the evaporation rate even more, if the lakes don't freeze over.

For some reason I had always pictured heat as being a requirement for evaporation... but even the -310C cold methane lakes on Saturn's largest moon Titan evaporate...

Izzit frozed yet?

:-)

There were quite a few people out skating on the island today. Some were on the reservoir in front of the fountain, others at the traditional skating area near the Flynn Pavilion on Lake Tacoma, and some out on Blue Heron Lagoon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2