Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by enio View Post
    The failure to add a protective additive isn't the only problem facing Snyder. At least 12 people, and perhaps one hundred more, died after Flint switched its water supplier from Legionnaires disease. Snyder's office was aware of the disease, yet covered up the deaths for months.

Unlike lead poisoning, Legionnaires is curable with a timely treatment of antibiotics. Snyder should look good in an orange jumpsuit.
    What are the odds of someone convicted of any 1st offence misdemeanor charge, let alone a former governor, actually going to jail?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    What are the odds of someone convicted of any 1st offence misdemeanor charge, let alone a former governor, actually going to jail?
    He's not going to jail. He might get off paying a fine, and you'll never hear anything else about it. Yet all those people lost life and have health issues because of his negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    He's not going to jail. He might get off paying a fine, and you'll never hear anything else about it. Yet all those people lost life and have health issues because of his negligence.
    He doesn't have to go to jail.

I'll just be happy if he's convicted, for posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    From Maof's link:
    Richard Snyder – Former Governor of Michigan
    Two counts of willful neglect of duty – each a one-year misdemeanor and/or $1,000 fine
    Seems too light considering what damage there was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    From Maof's link:

Richard Snyder – Former Governor of Michigan
    Two counts of willful neglect of duty – each a one-year misdemeanor and/or $1,000 fine
    Seems too light considering what damage there was.

An ethical person would plead out, pay a small fine and be done with it instead of racking up trial expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    An ethical person would plead out, pay a small fine and be done with it instead of racking up trial expenses.
    Exactly. Much ado about nothing. [[I think someone said that in an earlier life of mine...................)

Robert Kraft could have done the same thing, but he didn't.

"Ethical" and "Rick Snyder" don't belong in the same sentence.

Actually I think an ethical person would not declare themselves guilty without a trial.

They just threw those stupid charges out there to make it appear like they are holding somebody accountable.

It appears to be working.

Do you really think that they would drag the bad publicly through the state while spending millions on a trial,all so they could catch a little misdemeanor charge?

If they were serious they would have found a felony and removed him from politics permanently.

But they could not prove that one so they went with that,which is sketchy at best,it makes it look like they are grasping at straws and not the accused.

I think you meant pragmatic. Its clearly ethical to defend your own innocence regardless of personal expense. Kinda the definition.

The ethics of suing an ex-governor are more suspect, and look like political game. Vindictiveness is a trend at the moment, as you may have noticed in Congress for example. Its a mistake unless you have no ethics, but lots of politics and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I think you meant pragmatic. Its clearly ethical to defend your own innocence regardless of personal expense.
    No, I meant ethical, as in not wasting any more of the court's time or taxpayer expense.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    "Ethical" and "Rick Snyder" don't belong in the same sentence.
    Clearly not. He's piddling around about which county the case was filed in.

No, I meant ethical, as in not wasting any more of the court's time or taxpayer expense.

Clearly not. He's piddling around about which county the case was filed in.
    Have you ever been accused of a criminal act? Been fined heavily for something you are told was your fault? Or spent any time in jail? Had your character attacked? Heck, been through a divorce and what normally happens with the accusations in that? I think the right to defend oneself is a human right. There are multiple sides to every story and so many layers to matters like this [[particularly burdens of proof, etc.; in spite of immunity defenses, there are civil lawsuits all around this as well). It isn't so easy to just say that it would be ethical for him to do this, or right for him to do that. I am not defending Snyder at all, AT ALL, but it's just not that easy to draw the conclusions above.

What have you done, Snyder you nerd? What kind of a leader are you?