Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy R. Hoffa

Jimmy lived for years in a fairly modest house at 16154 Robson in NW Detroit. As a young tyke my father took me over there on a Saturday as they conducted brief union biz at the dining room table, Mrs. Hoffa brought me milk and cookies in the living room. He was super nice to me [[as I heard he was with kids). His son James P. Hoffa, current head of the Teamsters, was in the class of '59 at Cooley where he was All-City and All-State in football. He played as a linebacker for Duffy Daugherty at MSU, until an injury. Graduated from MSU. Then graduated from UofM Law School.

Quote Originally Posted by SFDS View Post
    Jimmy lived for years in a fairly modest house at 16154 Robson in NW Detroit. As a young tyke my father took me over there on a Saturday as they conducted brief union biz at the dining room table, Mrs. Hoffa brought me milk and cookies in the living room. He was super nice to me [[as I heard he was with kids). His son James P. Hoffa, current head of the Teamsters, was in the class of '59 at Cooley where he was All-City and All-State in football. He played as a linebacker for Duffy Daugherty at MSU, until an injury. Graduated from MSU. Then graduated from UofM Law School.
    Yeah, and Alex Karras for several of his Detroit Lions years lived in that same neighborhood over on Prest.

Do you remember kind of the time frame of your visit over there? I got the impression that by the mid-60's it was mainly his son James P. and Chuckie O'Brien that were living there more than Jimmy and Josephine.
    Last edited by IrishSpartan; February-26-21 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    Yeah, and Alex Karras for several of his Detroit Lions years lived in that same neighborhood over on Prest.

Do you remember kind of the time frame of your visit over there? I got the impression that by the mid-60's it was mainly his son James P. and Chuckie O'Brien that were living there more than Jimmy and Josephine.
    I would have been there late 50s. Vaguely remember it as brick and a Cape Cod/Bungalow.

I recently saw something on television about some guy whose father was mobbed up saying that he knows that Hoffa is buried in NJ, I think at an old junk yard or dump, and he knows exactly where. He's in an oil drum. They did some ground penetrating radar and found a configuration of something down there that matches this guys description, but they couldn't get permission to dig. I want to say it was on CBS Sunday Morning a month or so ago
    Here's the story; apparently Fox Nation supplied the ground penetrating radar.
    https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr...fa-was-buried/
    Last edited by jcole; February-27-21 at 09:58 AM.

The Song That Doesn't End

Or "The Neverending Story"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

The Song That Doesn't End

In her younger days, before she started hiding behind that stupid puppet.

Name:  puppet [[2).jpg
Views: 949
Size:  127.8 KB

my late grandmother lived on Denton street - destroyed to create PoleTown - and always swore that she was told that JH's body was cremated in a factory across the street from her house. there were always very nasty fumes coming from those factories not too far from old Dodge Main so i guess no one would have noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Jimmy will never go away.
    Jimmy in his prime probably whacked some people.

Here we go again... The story that refuses to die.

Underneath a four-lane bridge linking two industrial New Jersey cities lies a former landfill. There, a theory holds, a worker may have once buried the body of union leader Jimmy Hoffa in a steel drum 15 feet below the surface.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...y-city-search/

More tips coming, but no results. Whatever the mafia did to Jimmy Hoffa was organized. Believe me the mafia will not rat on their gang, or be murdered with a smile.
    Last edited by Danny; November-20-21 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Here we go again... The story that refuses to die.

Underneath a four-lane bridge linking two industrial New Jersey cities lies a former landfill. There, a theory holds, a worker may have once buried the body of union leader Jimmy Hoffa in a steel drum 15 feet below the surface.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...y-city-search/
    I want to shake A workers hand that can dig a 15 foot deep hole and drop a 300+ pound 55 gallon steel barrel in it,without the use of a back hoe that would draw attention.

Let alone drive 600 miles with a body in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I want to shake A workers hand that can dig a 15 foot deep hole and drop a 300+ pound 55 gallon steel barrel in it,without the use of a back hoe that would draw attention.

Let alone drive 600 miles with a body in the trunk.
    Agreed! It seems like he would be a good member of the crew.

Name:  hudsons [[2).jpg
Views: 666
Size:  236.4 KB

^ that’s hilarious

What is even more interesting,the FBI can watch you having sex in your living room while using a satellite in space.

But they get a last gasp tip of where Hoffa is buried and the first thing they grab is a shovel and go digging.

If I had a company that built Ground Penetrating Radar units,now is the time I would be sending the feds a $5 off coupon.

I am thinking if the intent was for the remains never to be found,they will never be found,in theory he could actually have been buried in every single one of those places,just not all in one piece.
    Last edited by Richard; November-20-21 at 11:59 AM.

Was he known to go to Vegas?

Seems they've found a male body in Lake Mead stuffed in a barrel wearing 1970's era shoes.

Body in barrel in Lake Mead was man who had been shot decades ago, Las Vegas police say
    Las Vegas police believe a body found inside a barrel in the newly exposed bottom of Lake Mead was that of a man who had been shot.

Homicide Lt. Ray Spencer also said Tuesday that shoes worn by the man were manufactured in the middle and late 1970s, indicating that the killing likely occurred between the middle 1970s and early 1980s, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported....

True story.

It was about 1963 or 1964. I was a young police officer working the graveyard shift from midnight to 8:00 a.m. at the Second [[Vernor) Precinct. Roll call? Boss put me on the desk that day. Bah, humbug, it was a nice night outside in mid summer.

Anyway, answered the phone at the Vernor station desk. It was Jimmy Hoffa. He identified himself, and said he could not get the night watchman at the Teamster's Headquarters on Trumbull to "answer the g.d. phone", and could I possibly send a car to wake him up and call Jimmy Hoffa.

I did, indeed, send a car in service over to Trumbull just north of Vernor. They found the 'security' guard snoozing, roused him up and told him to call Jimmy.

I can just imagine what Hoffa said to that poor slob making a buck an hour at the Teamster's office. I don't think it was very nice, and I don't think that guy's job security was much worth-while after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Was he known to go to Vegas?

Seems they've found a male body in Lake Mead stuffed in a barrel wearing 1970's era shoes.
    Name:  jimmy [[2).jpg
Views: 433
Size:  184.1 KB

The idea that Hoffa resisted evil upon occasion is beyond believing. IMHO an attempt to create a hagiography.

Body found in an oil drum in Lake Mead outside of Las Vegas is estimated to have been there 40 to 45 years ago. What year did Jimmy go poof?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    What year did Jimmy go poof?
    you can find that out in less than 10 seconds by typing his name into Google!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
    you can find that out in less than 10 seconds by typing his name into Google!
    I know that, but I love urging others to seek and find. Some of you out there [[Not on DetroitYes, though) are real duds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    I always heard he was in the concrete of the Giants Stadium in Rutherford, NJ. They were pouring concrete there at the time. Supposedly in one of the endzone areas of the grandstand.
    I worked briefly with Michael Franzese of the Colombo crime syndicate, part of the 'Five Families' comprising La Cosa Nostra in New York City.

It was a media job I did. You don't ask pointed questions [[or any questions) around those types of people, but Franzese said Hoffa's body will never be found.

Franzese only gave cryptic clues, saying Hoffa was "in a place with a lot of water".

This could mean the body is submerged in water somewhere, or perhaps - as I suspect - that Hoffa's remains are now part of the concrete that forms the bridge support above a waterway or river.

What new bridges were being built around the time of Hoffa's disappearance?
    Last edited by night-timer; May-05-22 at 11:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast