Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Another: all around City Airport-- because every now and then someone floats an idea to expand or repurpose it. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Maroun is one of the big property owners there too.
    Every lot colored yellow, and now the large blue one as well:

Name:  Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 10.59.01.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  74.3 KB

^^Maroun is such a heartless scumbag.
    No wonder that neighborhood is as it is.

There needs to be a much more effective way to penalize and discourage slumlords from destroying properties and neighborhoods. What small fines they infrequently pay are clearly not enough. Some kind of a derelict property tax punitive enough to discourage the behavior, the receipts of which are used to counteract the damage and suffering they cause.

Why is it in every city I know [[I count 4) the major developers have so many willing accomplices in city government? I think we all know why, just not specifically how.
    Last edited by bust; January-02-21 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    ^^Maroun is such a heartless scumbag.
    No wonder that neighborhood is as it is.
    Well he's now dead [[died at 93 this summer)... let's hope his son Matthew is an improvement...

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...dge/716960001/