Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default I 75 Construction

Need your help. I'm planning a few days in the Detroit area next month and usually stay around 14 mile. Is I-75 construction really slowing things down? I would be making trips back and forth to downtown before and after Tigers games and wondering if I should stay in another area. Would stay downtown but with the increased rates and the Canadian dollar that's not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Need your help. I'm planning a few days in the Detroit area next month and usually stay around 14 mile. Is I-75 construction really slowing things down? I would be making trips back and forth to downtown before and after Tigers games and wondering if I should stay in another area. Would stay downtown but with the increased rates and the Canadian dollar that's not an option.
    The best source of up-to-date information on construction is WWJ Newsradio 950. Click "Listen" then "Live" on the next page.

Once you're here you can monitor it on your car radio at 950 AM. They update the report every ten minutes.

Thanks, yeah I'm aware of that but I read that all of the northbound lanes were closed for quite a distance and I wondered if anyone travelling regularly knew if it was as bad as I think it will be.

It's not usually closed completely but yes, that stretch has been a headache for a few years pretty consistently.

https://mdotjboss.state.mi.us/MiDrive/map

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post

14 and I75 is a mess right now. They put in that new Double Diamond or something like that interchange and half of it is functional and on the southbound side it forces you onto 75 if you don't pay good attention; the 12 mile bridge is still torn up and 75 is suffering for it. But, the west side is just as bad if not worse. Once you clear 696 going south it's better

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    14 and I75 is a mess right now. They put in that new Double Diamond or something like that interchange and half of it is functional and on the southbound side it forces you onto 75 if you don't pay good attention; the 12 mile bridge is still torn up and 75 is suffering for it. But, the west side is just as bad if not worse. Once you clear 696 going south it's better
    Thanks. Yeah, maybe I can get off at 696 and just use Stephenson or John R for the other 3-4 miles. I might call Madison Hts. Police and get a suggestion. The Hotel front desk staff usually either don't drive [[or will say there's no problem so you book!).
    Last edited by 401don; June-18-23 at 06:49 PM.