Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    Texas Bar on Kercheval. What a weird joint to find on that street. Lots of motorcycle guys right?
    I don't remember seeing a whole lot of motorcycle guys in there. What made it interesting was it was just on the outskirts of ĢP, and drew some of the, uh, seedier characters from GP. [[yes there are) Another good honky tonk before it became millennialized.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Leman's 411 on Macomb. The Downtown on Lafayette opposite the Coney's. Texas Bar on Kercheval. Marshall's on Jefferson. Rustics, if you're going GP upscale.

Marshall's, yes, good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    It has the cachet of being the Cass Corridor's last dive bar, for now anyway, that has done nothing to change its gritty windowless decor.

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Jumbo's has had a bit of a rebound in recent years. My son and his cohorts, one who is a cousin of the current owner who's a descendent of Jumbo himself, gather there. So I've ended up there too. It has the cachet of being the Cass Corridor's last dive bar, for now anyway, that has done nothing to change its gritty windowless decor.

Still, it is nothing like the notorious Jumbo's of old that a tough Irish uncle of mine frequented in days of yore when the bars lining 3rd Ave. where known for hooker hookups and frequent muggings.

Attachment 41036

Attachment 41038

Attachment 41037
    It’s funny how memories are brought back. In that middle photo, I remember that caricature of Robby from 40 years ago.

Snookers Eastpointe was my go to circa 06-08. No idea If it’s even open anymore.

LOL! Yeah I've worked near there and noticed it just outside of GP.

Not really into bars but would have like to have gone. Is it still open?

What does 'millennialized' bar mean? I KNOW but just want to here you and some others definition........!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    ...What made it interesting was it was just on the outskirts of ĢP, and drew some of the, uh, seedier characters from GP. [[yes there are) Another good honky tonk before it became millennialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    ... it was just on the outskirts of ĢP,....
    That's interesting.

The only place I know that uses that G with cedilla is Latvia. How or why on earth did you manage that?

Sincerely.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-29-20 at 10:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2