Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dally

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Well, the Dally In The Alley is approaching, again. Hope to run into old friends, and hear some new music. In the past, we knew all or most of the musicians. Now, very few. Good to see new generations of players arrive.
    We'll set up our green lawn chairs near the Forest Stage, at the curb. Colleen sits back, I walk all over the place!
    DYes people, introduce yourselves. Old guy with gray hair, thin woman with dark hair and green eyes, possibly with a cane.
    Saturday, September 11th!

betterhalf and lodgedodger will introduce themselves, bobl. Will you be wearing a carnation?

Bummed I don't get to go this year [[I'll be on the other side of the ocean). Walking around the Dally is the most reliable way for me to run into friends & acquaintances I haven't seen in years.
    Last edited by Malcove Magnesia; August-22-10 at 05:50 PM. Reason: editing to remove question I asked, which got answered right above & posted at almost the same time!

You all are welcome to stop by the martini couch located next to the beer garage and use it as a meeting place for Dyesers. I haven't had martinis the past two years but this year I will try my best to get the olives stuffed and the vermouth ready.

Im also looking for a throwaway couch again, something long and comfortable if anyone is trying to get rid of one. I wont need it until the 10th, or early on the 11th.. Something without bedbugs would be great.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    You all are welcome to stop by the martini couch located next to the beer garage and use it as a meeting place for Dyesers. I haven't had martinis the past two years but this year I will try my best to get the olives stuffed and the vermouth ready.

Im also looking for a throwaway couch again, something long and comfortable if anyone is trying to get rid of one. I wont need it until the 10th, or early on the 11th.. Something without bedbugs would be great.
    You're sick, you know that? betterhalf and I will bring our own lawn chairs.

JJD wil likely be making an appearance as well.

Always the considerate one. C u there

My first scheduled Saturday off at the new job is Dally Day. Looking forward to meeting some Dyes people, meeting old friends, and walking the first neighborhood I called home, after leaving home!
    Dally on....

We don't know of most of the music performers, which is OK. Last year we enjoyed seeing some new acts. Does anyone have capsule descriptions or recommendations of bands to see?
    Still no breakdown on the site listing performance times and stages...

Do you still need a couch? I have one free for the taking, but it's in Livonia.

Schedule is now on their Facebook page.

I was thinking of going during the afternoon -- is it kid-friendly? I see mention on the Facebook page of a kids parade at 4 p.m., but unless I'm missing it, I don't see anything specific on the official site.

My son is almost 4. I was at the Dally after dark a couple of years ago, so I'm curious if during the day it would be OK/interesting for a 4-year-old boy.

Please advise, thanks.

Also, is there a cost to enter?

Thanks Sarah but Livonia is a bit far for me. Ill come up with a couch somehow but I am still looking if anyone else has one here in Detroit. Free martinis to anyone who can bring me one by 10 am Saturday. I can most likely throw in a free Dally t shirt also, or at least a poster.

BShea, kids are welcome, they have a kids area during the day. Im not sure whats up with the parade though. Im sure he would have a great time.

Dallys always free.
    Last edited by Django; September-06-10 at 11:12 PM.

Bshea, bring your child down but expect that a 4 yr old will lose interest in about an hour.

Lots of sights, sounds, food and music We took our kids [[now grown) to many of these types of festivals and surprise to us they remember going.

Hope you have fun and an experience to share.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Bshea, bring your child down but expect that a 4 yr old will lose interest in about an hour.
    Then he's like me with most things.

Thanks. I figure we'll come over before the kids parade.

got a couch for ya, it's on Forest and Cass...

I left a message on his voice mail 313. I hope its a long 3 seater at least.

Beggars cant be choosers though.

BShea, this I found on the FB Dally page
    Dally in the Alley Who wants to see the Detroit Party Marching Band !? They'll be leading the way for the Kids Parade at 4pm Saturday.

5 hours ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike
    • 23 people like this.

• Angel Busque YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 hours ago · LikeUnlike

• Chip Gillan So excited now! 4 hours ago · LikeUnlike

• Kevin Leggert been years ..didn't this originally start in alley off cass down block from alvins...went t o WSU all those years ago? 4 hours ago · LikeUnlike

• Caron Williamson Can't wait! We'll be there. about an hour ago · LikeUnlike

• Margaret Waheeb One & only....my favorite ... about an hour ago · LikeUnlike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3