Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dally

Just returned home. Detroitnerd wasn't kidding about the sunglasses and shea butter! The people watching was fun...

LodgeDodger Guest

Dally was fun...I love walking around with betterhalf.

Good to meet you Django and alsodave [[and Mrs. alsodave). Missed Gnome and Lowell by only a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Dally was fun...I love walking around with betterhalf.

Good to meet you Django and alsodave [[and Mrs. alsodave). Missed Gnome and Lowell by only a few minutes.
    We didn't chat very long, but it was great finally meeting LodgeDodger, betterhalf and Django.

Wow...I was at the Dally for 2 1/2 hours and didn't run into a single DYes'r!! Saw several folks from work, and ran into a high school classmate that I hadn't seen in years. Enjoyed the people watching and the music!! Great fun!!

It was to see the new svelter Django ... Django 2.0 as it were. Sorry to have missed Lowell, LodgeDodger, AlsoDave and all the Better halfs. Our meter as running low so we couldn't stay.

I did take a few pix and bought a lovely blockprint of Kwame's mug shot.

Just got back home. Had fun, met many people we haven't seen in a long time.
    Forest stage at 9:00 o'clock rocked!
    Gloria, if you are reading this, it was great to meet again under our tree. Long time tradition, worth continuing.
    Didn't realize that I knew Mark A. from way back....beautiful dog. Great work on the poster!
    Best weather, ever....

Bobl: I'm still waiting to run into you at one of these music/art fests!!

Another great dally it was fun to get together and see so many people I haven,t seen. Also it nice to see how the old neighborhood is keeping up. I noticed they have put meters everywhere I wonder where everyone that lives around there parks now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Bobl: I'm still waiting to run into you at one of these music/art fests!!
    Thanks. Me, too.
    We have met Dave many times, often at his gigs.

There's a great show at the CAID, http://www.thecaid.org/, of 3D photos of area musicians taken during the Blowout earlier this year. It opened last night and runs for a month or so. Chris Dean is the artist. http://www.chrisdean.com/
    Last edited by eno; September-13-09 at 03:30 PM.

I had nice early PM visit. Perfect weather! Enjoyed a sit and chat with Django on the sofa for a while. Here are a few random shots off the phone camera... the techno stage gone; it was being used for an acrobatic display when I arrived...

... and as soapbox for candidates when I left. Anyone know who this guy is?

Speaking of politics, the fringe can always be counted on to show up at the Dally...

...and speaking of the Lay Abouts band, this Dally-er sports the 1996 Dally shirt designed by Lay About vocalist and artist Stephen Goodfellow...

...and finally, for Detroit Nerd, an excellent selection of sun glasses and shea butter.

Great Dally, beautiful weather. Was great to finally meet Dodger, Betterhalf, and Alsodave, and hang out with Lowell for a while. Gnome showed but didnt get to chat but for a sec. but did get to meet his lovely bride.

Had a steady stream of friends stop by the martini couch but I never got around to making the martinis, I was more in a beer mood.

Speaking of Chris Dean and his show at CAID, he stopped by with his kids Jasper and Otto and he brought a sample of his work. I think Lowell just missed meeting him although he is a poster occasionally here. His work is pretty damn cool but didnt get to make it to the CAID yet.

The City really blew it for the Dally. The dumpsters were not emptied as they were supposed to be before the Dally and they didnt drop off any barricades to block off the street. It amazes me every year how hectic it can be before the Dally but it always works out in the end and everybody shows up.

Thanks for the pics, Lowell. We must have talked to Nick right after you took the photo of him and the Dally t shirt. He was on his way to work at the DIA.
    Twila, sorry you couldn't make it!

hi, i am new to this forum....found out about this forum while i was searching information about dallyinthealley. I live on cass so i followed the loud music to find out the dallyinthealley party.

gravitymachine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Speaking of politics, the fringe can always be counted on to show up at the Dally...
    the communist party sitting next to the libertarians, i wonder how ammicable that was?

quote:
    "...the communist party sitting next to the libertarians, i wonder how ammicable that was?.."

That is part of the beauty of the Dally!

Bobl, you hit the nail on the head.

...and finally, for Detroit Nerd, an excellent selection of sun glasses and shea butter.
    Haha. Thanks for thinking of me, Lowell!

The Dally gets better every year. The weather almost always cooperates. It seemed smaller this year, probably due to the absence of the techno stage. But it also seemed there were less booths, food vendors and people during the daylight hours. After dark, when the Night of the Living Dead people come out, the Dally was as packed as I've ever seen it. I took my traditional walk through the alley with a friend in the morning and this year I started a new tradition [[I hope not): took a friend to Duly's for sober-up [[not me) breakfast [[we were actually headed to Telway) at about 2AM and returned to walk the Fabulous Ruins of the Dally at 3AM. We then went to a post Dally party in Woodbridge. These are Gar Wood Mansion party hours.

Default Dally/caid

Dally was great! So were my buddies Innerphonic & Will sessions, i hope you all got a chance to listen and love them! As for the show @ the CAID. I've done some photography with Chris Dean, "things i did with my lunch", it was very interesting and he's a great guy, i'd love to work with him anytime. I unfortunately didn't get to make it up to the CAID that night, but i plan on making it out to one of the shows before it ends. Anybody go? Did you enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by AZ O RLY View Post
    Dally was great! So were my buddies Innerphonic & Will sessions, i hope you all got a chance to listen and love them! As for the show @ the CAID. I've done some photography with Chris Dean, "things i did with my lunch", it was very interesting and he's a great guy, i'd love to work with him anytime. I unfortunately didn't get to make it up to the CAID that night, but i plan on making it out to one of the shows before it ends. Anybody go? Did you enjoy it?

So you must have been the puker CD was looking for on another thread in the Connections section AZ?? I haven't had a chance to see the pics yet, but strangely looking forward to it.

... and as soapbox for candidates when I left. Anyone know who this guy is?
    I can see my back bike wheel in that shot. I was asking Josh when the Urban Bean was re-opening. He hopes it will in November.

Yes, it was perfect weather and a great time people watching while talking with Django and Lowell.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    So you must have been the puker CD was looking for on another thread in the Connections section AZ?? I haven't had a chance to see the pics yet, but strangely looking forward to it.
    yes, i found him through model mayhem, it actually turned out really good. weird, but definitely an experience. As soon as he showed me his portfolio i was totally down for whatever, he's a great artist.

Well, the Dally In The Alley is approaching, again. Hope to run into old friends, and hear some new music. In the past, we knew all or most of the musicians. Now, very few. Good to see new generations of players arrive.
    We'll set up our green lawn chairs near the Forest Stage, at the curb. Colleen sits back, I walk all over the place!
    DYes people, introduce yourselves. Old guy with gray hair, thin woman with dark hair and green eyes, possibly with a cane.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast