Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Getting back on track specific to gentrification, I found this pretty engaging article the freep ran in 2019...

The article cites [[then) census tracts and percentage of actual activities.

Further, the COVID has stalled out some...

Study reveals surprising results about Detroit gentrification
    That is an interesting article. I’d say Detroit has the “advantage” of so much vacant land and structures that utilizing those, without having to displace folks, means the downsides of gentrification are not yet widespread.

I remember that "study" was highly flawed, it tracked possible gentrification mostly during the great recession which obviously wasn't happening then outside of maybe places like rivertown.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    I never said North End was on the west side, most of the North End is not even in an NEZ either. You really just added to my point, the anti-gentrification sentiment is unfounded.
    The last NEZ Zones for Detroit were given out between 2006 and 2008. North End was totally different than it is now and didn't even start to see signs of gentrification until all of the artists from Milwaukee Junction started crossing the Blvd to create studios on Oakland. But then again, I don't expect you to understand anything if you are not from these neighborhoods and don't know the citizens of these blocks.

I'm not completely against gentrification, but I am against landlords willing to raise rent almost 35% on long-term tenants just because of an influx of suburban kids wanting to live on the End because it's cool and cheap [[to them). Technically it's not wrong, but morally it's to be frowned upon.
    Last edited by Sehv313; November-26-20 at 02:24 PM.

Dog-whistle racism is alive on both ends of the political spectrum. We all know who this guy means when he says "gentrifiers", just like we all know what Trump meant by "save the suburbs".

Until people can get over their deeply ingrained tribalism and stop using these labels to classify large groups of pretty dissimilar people we won't get much of anywhere as a society.
    Last edited by K-slice; November-30-20 at 06:46 PM.

^^^ Agree x10

"I'm not completely against gentrification, but I am against landlords willing to raise rent almost 35% on long-term tenants just because of an influx of suburban kids wanting to live on the End because it's cool and cheap [[to them). Technically it's not wrong, but morally it's to be frowned upon."

I agree. Tell that to the Lorax of North End hood creature named Bryce Detroit.

"Until people can get over their deeply ingrained tribalism and stop using these labels to classify large groups of pretty dissimilar people we won't get much of anywhere as a society."

Ingrained Tribalism is the new social norm in America. And Donald Trump and his Proud Boys make sure it stays that away against Black Lives Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    "Until people can get over their deeply ingrained tribalism and stop using these labels to classify large groups of pretty dissimilar people we won't get much of anywhere as a society."

Ingrained Tribalism is the new social norm in America. And Donald Trump and his Proud Boys make sure it stays that away against Black Lives Matter.
    Could you shut the fuck up with this racebaiting horseshit. Every other post from you is about the blacks vs. the whites like it’s a fucking war outside. All that’s going on is some shit head in the North End, who clearly has a problem with white people, is getting media coverage he doesn’t deserve cause some white people bought a house close to his and we should listen to him cause he’s been taking a shit in th same house for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Could you shut the fuck up with this racebaiting horseshit. Every other post from you is about the blacks vs. the whites like it’s a fucking war outside. All that’s going on is some shit head in the North End, who clearly has a problem with white people, is getting media coverage he doesn’t deserve cause some white people bought a house close to his and we should listen to him cause he’s been taking a shit in th same house for 30 years.
    + 5 👍 ...

No slander allowed in this forum please...

That seems to be true!

I'm just SO relieved that the repubs [[and their respective devotees) were and are the only folks pushing tribalism for political leverage and power.

Whew!

I can finally get a good nights sleep............

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    ...Ingrained Tribalism is the new social norm in America. And Donald Trump and his Proud Boys make sure it stays that away against Black Lives Matter.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-01-20 at 04:37 PM.

You guys do realize the head or leader of the Proud Boys is

Wait for it ......

Black.

It amazes me how people get so triggered over and keep referring to all of these groups that 99% of the rest of the population has no clue about let alone even care and the only reason they even hear about them is because the triggered ones throw their name out there and draw attention to them.

Thats re-gen 101 if you are not single or have really thick skin,it’s usually not a very good move,because some will view you as a threat.
    Last edited by Richard; December-02-20 at 01:51 AM.

^^^ LOL! I find it interesting the noticeable number of white BLM protestors out there on the behalf of black people at the radical level. Some even justifying LOOTING for our reparations due!

A quick google will show the photos [[and not just from the crank right-winged sites).

Sigh... I'll not complain - it pays to have allies. But who's really advanced here?

Long term.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-02-20 at 11:25 AM.

I have spent some time cataloging houses in the North End. There have been a handful of houses that have been rehabbed over the last few years. Unfortunately at least a dozen or so houses have been lost at the same time. The area is poised redevelopment. One thing to remember there is a considerable amount of vacant land in the North End.

The same with areas W of the Lodge as well. History lives on in the minds of long time residents. But private money gets what you want these days. As long as people can cash out, its going to look like integration or at worst gentrification, depending on who is telling the story.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Best laugh of the day! If there’s anyone who doesn’t “embrace everyone”, it’s the racist who will soon be dragged from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
    It is with great anticipation I await a phalanx of U.S. Marshals to frog march Trump from the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac6000 View Post
    The same with areas W of the Lodge as well. History lives on in the minds of long time residents. But private money gets what you want these days. As long as people can cash out, its going to look like integration or at worst gentrification, depending on who is telling the story.
    That's been known as the 3rd street neighborhood. North of New Center, south of Boston-Edison between Woodward & the Freeway. Before the North End was getting gentrified, in 2012 the 3rd street area was more expensive and harder to find vacant property because it was just above New Center developments, now the North End is getting more shine and the value just shot up on properties within the last 4 or 5 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2