Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Love her or hate her... Whitmer still has an about 60% approval rating for her Pandemic approach. Don't like not being able to go to your restaurant of choice? Get a carryout.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving carryout dinner from Slows BBQ... came with all the fixin's. And no putting the rest of my family in any danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Love her or hate her... Whitmer still has an about 60% approval rating for her Pandemic approach. Don't like not being able to go to your restaurant of choice? Get a carryout.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving carryout dinner from Slows BBQ... came with all the fixin's. And no putting the rest of my family in any danger.
    Unless one of them drove with you to get the food, could've gotten in a car accident. Let's all never do anything or go anywhere - we'll live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mkd View Post
    Unless one of them drove with you to get the food, could've gotten in a car accident. Let's all never do anything or go anywhere - we'll live forever.
    The home is among the most dangerous places for accidents, including fatal falls. Add in house fires, domestics .... maybe Duh Guvnah should order people NOT to stay home ... you know, for health reasons and all ....

Quote Originally Posted by mkd View Post
    Great use of a Slippery Slope Argument Fallacy...

The slippery slope fallacy suggests that unlikely or ridiculous outcomes are likely when there’s just not enough evidence to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    The home is among the most dangerous places for accidents, including fatal falls. Add in house fires, domestics .... maybe Duh Guvnah should order people NOT to stay home ... you know, for health reasons and all ....
    Ha! And you took the Slippery Slope Argument Fallacy and ran with it to new absurd levels....

I'm not a 'COVID is a Hoax' thinker - too many Detroiters died in a concentrated time-frame for me to go eyes-wide-shut on that.

But, it's going to be hard to force people to lock-back-down tight as in March when we knew less about the virus....

Andiamo owners urges Michigan restaurants to defy dine-in shutdown
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-30-20 at 01:26 PM.

Name:  mail.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  50.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I'm not a 'COVID is a Hoax' thinker - too many Detroiters died in a concentrated time-frame for me to go eyes-wide-shut on that.

But, it's going to be hard to force people to lock-back-down tight as in March when we knew less about the virus....

Andiamo owners urges Michigan restaurants to defy dine-in shutdown

I would say to Andiamo that MDHHS is in charge to make any public health emergencies. This is out of Gov. Whitmer's hands, but she is follow their rules and supports it. So try to make appeals to Michigan State Court if you want. Your case be thrown away in the circular file.

Her supposed approval rate [[polls have been so far off they have lost all credibility) has nothing to do with anything. What is being discussed is the legality of the shutdowns.

This is a very "the majority approves, just get in line with the rest of us" type comment. Some in this forum disagree with you, and some agree. The reality is, it is either constitutional or not. The previous ruling not too long ago says not, but we've seen that Whitmer found another way to skin the cat.

To your comment on not putting people in danger and instead ordering out. This is how I translate: "I'm privileged so I can work from home and still make money. I hereby transfer the burden of herd immunity to the workers & peasants who deliver food and keep society functioning while I luxuriate in my personal digital utopia."
    Last edited by intelligentBeing; December-01-20 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentBeing View Post
    Her supposed approval rate [[polls have been so far off they have lost all credibility) has nothing to do with anything. What is being discussed is the legality of the shutdowns.

This is a very "the majority approves, just get in line with the rest of us" type comment. Some in this forum disagree with you, and some agree. The reality is, it is either constitutional or not. The previous ruling not too long ago says not, but we've seen that Whitmer found another way to skin the cat.

To your comment on not putting people in danger and instead ordering out. This is how I translate: "I'm privileged so I can work from home and still make money. I hereby transfer the burden of herd immunity to the workers & peasants who deliver food and keep society functioning while I luxuriate in my personal digital utopia."
    WTF are you talking about... I'm retired. I don't want to be around anyone until the vaccine is here. As far as I can tell the State Department of Health made the call, not Whitmer. Are you part of the "I don't need to wear a mask because it impinges on my 1st Amendment rights crowd"? Two people on my street [[ages 43 and 63) died from Covid.

Get over it.
    Last edited by Gistok; December-01-20 at 08:43 PM.

Whitmer's trying to minimize the economic damage from Covid19. What possible advantage could she gain by doing otherwise? Why does that question even need to be asked?

Cavalier exposure to Covid19 has caused, and will continue to cause, increased economic damage.

Scapegoating never ends well.

WTF are you talking about... I'm retired. I don't want to be around anyone until the vaccine is here. As far as I can tell the State Department of Health made the call, not Whitmer. Are you part of the "I don't need to wear a mask because it impinges on my 1st Amendment rights crowd"? Two people on my street [[ages 43 and 63) died from Covid.

Get over it.
    Okay... my translation still works: "I'm retired so I can stay home and do not need to make money. I hereby transfer the burden of herd immunity to the workers & peasants who deliver food and keep society functioning while I luxuriate in my personal digital utopia."

I understand the fear. Especially for older folk. What I still don't understand the argument against: If you want to self quarantine and wait for a vaccine, then go ahead, but do not force me and my family [[some of whom have lost jobs) to do the same. Either way you will be quarantining whether its mandated or not, so let me decide for myself. Also, if masks work then open everything up and just require masks. Either they work or they don't. People die from preventable disease.. sucks. All car accidents are preventable if we don't drive cars. We move on and live.

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentBeing View Post
    Okay... my translation still works: "I'm retired so I can stay home and do not need to make money. I hereby transfer the burden of herd immunity to the workers & peasants who deliver food and keep society functioning while I luxuriate in my personal digital utopia."

I understand the fear. Especially for older folk. What I still don't understand the argument against: If you want to self quarantine and wait for a vaccine, then go ahead, but do not force me and my family [[some of whom have lost jobs) to do the same. Either way you will be quarantining whether its mandated or not, so let me decide for myself. Also, if masks work then open everything up and just require masks. Either they work or they don't. People die from preventable disease.. sucks. All car accidents are preventable if we don't drive cars. We move on and live.

Get over it.
    It's not my concern what risks you or your family take... just it's none of your concern what I do... but yes the economy is a concern to everyone. But so is stretching the health care system to its' max.

Anyway... we are already halfway thru the 3 week lockdown... so we'll have to see what comes next. I do have empathy for those without jobs and income and no food on the table, but I have even more empathy for those no longer here.

But I don't plan on being one of those people that are a Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick statistic... to volunteer to die to save the economy. If you feel otherwise... God bless you and good luck to your family.

P.S. Both Reps and Dems F***ed us all over with not providing another stimulus package safety net of some sort.
    Last edited by Gistok; December-02-20 at 11:55 AM.

God bless you and good luck to your family.
    God bless you and your family as well, Gistok.

Thank you for seeing the bipartisan madness that played a part in that G.

The elite among them missed not one bill payment or morsel of food!

As I say if only bad things only emerge from 'one side' only...............

...P.S. Both Reps and Dems F***ed us all over with not providing another stimulus package safety net of some sort.

You could do the whole finger wagging thing about having a minimum of six months expenses on hand, but many people are well past that six months now.

^^^ I hardly know anyone with that much reserve [[half a years salary stowed away).

Aside from those dictating the terms from the flat screens.

What a mess this has become in addition to the physical impact of C-19 itself!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-03-20 at 08:12 AM.

Why is Guliani coming to Michigan in a hearing testifying that Leprechauns and Trolls from liberal people have cause the election fraud? That hearing is a waste of time and a waste of taxpayers. That is already over and Trump's robot will not get an approval from Michigan Legislature to overturn the election results.

If I was a member of that hearing I will tell Guliani to run back to your outgoing president Trump that his time is almost up. And get ready to set your next lawsuit because The U.S. Justice Dept, and the FBI will be arresting Trump next year for conspiracy to commit political collusion, causing a civil purge of the American People and political treason. Which it's a class one federal felony.
    Last edited by Danny; December-03-20 at 06:53 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5