Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56
Results 1,376 to 1,381 of 1381

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Yeah, I can create a username, log in and create a Wiki page called anything I want, put in info and it suddenly becomes real
    Oh! oh! I loved that episode.

Twilight Zone's Printer's Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    For some things such as historical time-lines, general info about a technology I will sometimes use WIKI.

WIKI's not my main source... especially re. politics where so much deceit occurs. I like Wikimedia where you can find copy-right free images.
    You are correct Zacha341... I will use it too for some historical information, or images. But not hot topic issues, since you have a tug of war on one side replacing info posted by the other side.

Being a historic theatre buff, I corrected the entry on the Chicago Theatre... someone posted it had over 5,000 seats [[when it was built it had only 3,880 seats, and today is down to 3,600). I corrected that entry about 5 times with someone else always putting it back up to 5,000 [[the larger Detroit Fox has 5,174). Finally I changed the entire paragraph and posted that it was Chicago's 3rd largest theatre, behind the 4,381 seat Uptown Theatre, and 4,200 seat Auditorium Theatre... and finally my change became permanent.

So yeah, I often use Wikipedia... but am aware that the entry I look up may not be 100% accurate. And that's how it should be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    You are correct Zacha341... I will use it too for some historical information, or images. But not hot topic issues, since you have a tug of war on one side replacing info posted by the other side.

Being a historic theatre buff, I corrected the entry on the Chicago Theatre... someone posted it had over 5,000 seats [[when it was built it had only 3,880 seats, and today is down to 3,600). I corrected that entry about 5 times with someone else always putting it back up to 5,000 [[the larger Detroit Fox has 5,174). Finally I changed the entire paragraph and posted that it was Chicago's 3rd largest theatre, behind the 4,381 seat Uptown Theatre, and 4,200 seat Auditorium Theatre... and finally my change became permanent.

So yeah, I often use Wikipedia... but am aware that the entry I look up may not be 100% accurate. And that's how it should be taken.
    Now if we could just get you to use the same logic with cnn.

^ I have several sources of information ABC is #1, followed by MSN, CNN, NBC, CBS, BBC and Deutsche Welle... and occasionally I will read what Al Jazeera has to say. But you are correct... everything could have some spin to it... so it is important to be aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Why do you keep bringing up CNN? You assume that's the only source that some here rely on. What is your go-to news source? I've asked you this before but have yet to get an answer.
    Last edited by Maof; February-23-21 at 06:50 PM.

CNN IS pretty bad [[airport, and waiting room TV) but so is Fox-Snews IMO. I subscribe to the New York Times just to see the 'poetry' in their news-spinning.

Plus, as so many reference the NYT as holy-writ, I want to know the details and story-shaping miracles they and others so mightily perform.

Some of the best news and facts have also moved to the alt spaces [[along with the crap). I don't assume it to ALL be specious simply due to being off the approved grids.

If anything I feel there will more factual sources like that.

I take them case by case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-24-21 at 01:27 PM.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56