Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
Richard, I have been on this forum for 20 years... and I have seen a lot of people come and go. I have a bachelor and masters degree... and took a course in logic, which was required for my degrees, and more importantly for my job.

Logic has truth tables, and also differentiates the different type of logic fallacies. I can tell when people post on this forum whether they have some semblance of understanding the difference between sound arguments, and when they fall into the fallacy traps... I have had years of job experience in identifying one from the other.

You avoid the ad hominem fallacies... as do we all... because failure to stay away from that one will get you kicked off this forum.

But you do fall into so many others... straw man, slippery slope, red herring, hasty generalization, false dilemma, or when talking about Trump an equivocation fallacy [[almost all MAGA folks fall under this one).

It just becomes tedious and tiring to try to argue with you... it's like you're saying "my mind is already made up, so don't bother confusing me with the facts".

And then there is Trump... he lies every day... so many people are so jaded by that that they find excuses to not make it a relevant part of an argument, and yet it is. So debating about what he says or means is often futile.

And when talking about news sources... none of us who follow the MSM will agree that they are 100% right all of the time.

But when we debate people who watch and believe right wing media... it becomes even more difficult to have a serious debate with people who actually believe this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh4uS4f78o&t=32s

And now with 300,000 deaths... these people should be publicly humiliated. But they have enablers who believe their commentary as gospel...

So yeah... we've tried having a serious debate... but it's futile...
If Lowell had a “Like” button I would like Gistok’s post 100 times,