Outside of the popular up & coming Detroit areas like Bagley, North End, East English Village, etc. Name a core-neighborhood that draws a special memory for you or even a 'hood you may only ride pass every once in a while that you may find interesting for a specific reason or no reason at all. I'll start first...

Dexter-Linwood, I remember visiting family who lived on Pingree back in the days and it was always a fun time. Block parties on Blaine, and buying Ice Cream from the Ice Cream man on a bicycle by Calvert street who always had soft serve with cones and sprinkles.

Warren & Cadillac, I had a friend who lived on Hurlbut for a few months and I rarely visited, but went to the stores around there once or twice. Once he moved, my job relocated not too far from that area so every once in a while I would stop at the dollar store or corner liquor store for quick snacks and started getting to know the patrons and store owners, that was 6 years ago and now anytime I go around there I still run into someone that's familiar.

I rarely visit either of these areas but quick visits or ride throughs have had an effect on me, Anybody have any stories?