Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Its the swamp rat democrats that are all for releasing people.
    You're joking right? They just released Trump's scumbag cronies. Like the GOP [[Greed Over People) are so forthright in their misdeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

He just got away from everything!!!! He better NOT run for mayor of Detroit!
    He was exposed in his first term, did a mea culpa and got elected to a 2nd term. I know he is forbidden to run again, but I wouldn’t doubt he could get elected again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Aren't his kids in Texas? Maybe he will head there. Good riddance!!
    He's previously said that he is "Done with Detroit" which is fine by me. Fuck him and his family.

Saw Mike Duggan on the local news this evening who is sympathetic to Kilpatrick's conviction, saying that he [[Duggan) says Kilpatrick still has a lot of offer so he [[Duggan) will do what he can to help Kilpatrick get back on his feet. Unbelievable!

A lot to offer could be code speak for,the guy has the account numbers for the offshore banks that nobody else has.

Aren't his kids in Texas? Maybe he will head there. Good riddance!!
    We don't want him here in Texas.

I guess we all did done set him up for a comeback.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-22-20 at 08:24 PM.

Saw Mike Duggan on the local news this evening who is sympathetic to Kilpatrick's conviction, saying that he [[Duggan) says Kilpatrick still has a lot of offer so he [[Duggan) will do what he can to help Kilpatrick get back on his feet. Unbelievable!

Maybe Mike will get him a job @ "Make Your Date"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zankie Albo View Post
    We don't want him here in Texas.
    Your wish just might be granted. Just heard on the news that house arrest could be in Atlanta where is mother lives

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Your wish just might be granted. Just heard on the news that house arrest could be in Atlanta where is mother lives
    Mom's basement might be the next best thing to prison for him and his big ego.

Duggan needs to leave that alone and save/ shift his eh' supposed symphathy and CONCERN for/ to Detroiter's currently experiencing extreme hardships and deaths ala C-19! That would keep him more than busy!

Last edited by Zacha341; May-23-20 at 07:47 AM.

But some do, relative to the specific charges brought up against him.

I still run across some believing he got '28 long' for having an affair and keeping some extra bucks here and there! Having said that I still think 28 years was on the high side... 20 seemed the more reasonable number IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Thanks, Tonk, but I don't need a refresher
    And BTW, it's apparently going to be a release from Mr Trump.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-23-20 at 08:12 AM.

The appeal to president Trump was for a full out pardon,his release to house arrest would be on the BOP and parole board,I believe.

That is based on many cities have released low level and in some cases flat out violent offenders from jails in order to deal with the rona virus within the prison system.

With the support he gets from the mayor and other powers to be,sometimes it makes me think that he was were he was because they decided it best in their interests verses the cities.
    Last edited by Richard; May-23-20 at 07:58 AM.

Yep. I've often wondered what his lack of contrition has said to his children?

I also found the 'justification' of his actions by some Detroiter's very disturbing at a very self-destructive level! Like you LIVE here and will suffer, but it was ok as the 'take away' was sharing in the thrill of Kilpatrick getting 'over'.

Made even more insane when he left for Texas, leaving us to ourselves ......

Yeah that thinking is found elsewhere, especially in realms of 'revenge' politics!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    His sentence might have been a little stiff, but only a very little. IMO the biggest crime he committed, which is not a crime on the books, is destruction of faith in government. ....His guilt was well established and he had an opportunity enter a plea and admit his guilt. Instead he chose to run a circus trial and has yet, as far as I seen, to express any remorse for his crimes.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-23-20 at 08:09 AM.

^ the worst part is,in order to stay out from under the scrutiny of the feds,millions of dollars that could have went to the neighborhoods,that would have at least kept them in life support and stopped the destruction,was just ignored.

It accelerated the demise of the city for personal gain all that much faster.

^But he just did what others did/do was the tiresome justification. SMH......
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-23-20 at 05:56 PM.

^ yea,I am a grey area kinda person but I believe that you need to take care of people and city that you represent first,then when everything else is good skimming the frosting is a bit more palatable.

Even the mob was not stupid enough to destroy the very things that were income producing,this was just thug stuff.

18. Default “One down,” Daniel Ferguson said, “one to go.”?

Now there is talk of freeing Bobby Ferguson in today's Free Press.

"Ferguson said he now hopes his cousin, Bobby Ferguson, also will be freed from prison.

Ferguson, a contractor and close friend of Kilpatrick, was convicted of racketeering and other public corruption charges along with Kilpatrick. He is scheduled for release on Jan. 29, 2031. Ferguson is housed at Elkton, another prison hit especially hard by the coronavirus and one of the places where the Bureau of Prisons is trying to “maximize appropriate transfers to home confinement.

“One down,” Daniel Ferguson said, “one to go.”

Not to excuse Kwame, but from all I have gathered he was the one who was most instrumental in corrupting Kwame as well as providing the intimidation muscle.

Also the report confirmed that he will be 'confined' at Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick's place in Atlanta.
    https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com?publ...1b1d14_134366f

Ha 3W gets to have him as his neighbor.

Interesting enough Atlanta had a large percentage of new residents after hurricane Katrina from New Orleans,who had their own version of Kilpatrick in then mayor Nagan that left a bad taste in many’s mouth.

I will be interesting to see how well received he will be there.

Now if only somebody would hire him to work from home so he could make a tiny dent in his repayments.

I feel like Atlanta attracts a lot of shady characters —not katrina refugees obviously— no wonder he's going there, he'll have company. He'll probably run for office in some suburb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Not to excuse Kwame, but from all I have gathered he was the one who was most instrumental in corrupting Kwame as well as providing the intimidation muscle.

"Unh-uh, it was BOBBY! Bobby MADE me take the money!"

Please...

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Now if only somebody would hire him to work from home so he could make a tiny dent in his repayments.
    watch,2 years from now you will hear about a big sting in Atlanta that netted,work from home Nigerian style email scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Unh-uh, it was BOBBY! Bobby MADE me take the money!"

Please...
    yea,they could not man up,blame everybody else while making a spectacle out of it,while dragging a city and its residents through the mud in the process.

To me the amount of victims is well over 1 million in the bigger picture of things.
    Last edited by Richard; May-23-20 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    yea,they could not man up,blame everybody else while making a spectacle out of it,while dragging a city and its residents through the mud in the process.

To me the amount of victims is well over 1 million in the bigger picture of things.
    I will say this, regardless of what I think of the guy and what he did, having government give him paid food and lodging for the next 17 years didn’t seem like the best use of taxpayer dollars.

I have no problem locking up murders, armed robbers, and those who commit other violent crimes. But there has got to be a more tax effective way to punish someone like KK whose crimes were less violent in nature. Not saying he shouldn’t be punished, but seems like a waste of money to keep him in prison. Maybe require him to work the night shift at Taco Bell for the next 17 years instead.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast