Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    He murdered a girl and operated a crime ring... How is his sentence in any way excessive? Congrats you must be so happy, it was obviously a desire of yours rather than a prediction.
    We don't sentence people based on allegations. We sentence them based on crimes they were convicted of commiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'm sure a judge has to be involved.
    No judge is involved. The decision to release federal prisoners is made, generally, by the Attorney General and specifically by the Bureau of Prisons.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

He just got away from everything!!!! He better NOT run for mayor of Detroit!

I didn't say you were. But he was already sentenced for his 'other' crimes and he needs to serve that time.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    We don't sentence people based on allegations. We sentence them based on crimes they were convicted of commiting.
    And that's exactly what happened to him...

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    And that's exactly what happened to him...
    Which I think was excessive, based on what he was convicted of doing.

Did Kwame Kilpatrick get an early prison release? US Attorneys office investigates

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/05/22/kwame-kilpatrick-prison-release-investigation/5243471002/

So nobody has heard this lmfao, it just magically came out of EBONY.

If he is getting out then it pays to be fat. You can plead about all your underlying conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    A lot of people have done worse and gotten less time. I don't approve of what he did, but he's done more time than a lot of similar white collar criminals and no sense in keeping him in a prison with covid in it

Here you go cole, just in case you need a refresher. FYI, I voted for him the first time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kilpatrick

He killed a city.

Squandered the futures of it youth.

Crushed respect for the law and left the region buns up howling.

Lowell's comments about Mayor Kirkpatrick are on the mark. He was a talented man who worked effectively across the racial divide in the Michigan state legislature. He recognized important issues and worked to downsize the city's government. I wonder if, at some point, he came to realize that the financial problems of the city were so enormous that he could accomplish little.
    He certainly was not the first or last leader to be thrown far off course
    by lure of power, money and sex.

DETROIT - State representative Karen Whitsett from metro Detroit tells FOX 2's Charlie Langton that she spoke with President Trump last night and that he said Kwame Kilpatrick would be one of 3,000 prisoners soon released.
    https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/sta...on-be-released
    Last edited by jcole; May-22-20 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    article
    DETROIT - State representative Karen Whitsett from metro Detroit tells FOX 2's Charlie Langton that she spoke with President Trump last night and that he said Kwame Kilpatrick would be one of 3,000 prisoners soon released.
    Rep. Whitsett says the early release is related to the COVID-19 pandemic and that the former mayor will be on house arrest,

But but we all know Trump is a liar!

Thanks, Tonk, but I don't need a refresher
    And BTW, it's apparently going to be a release from Mr Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Here you go cole, just in case you need a refresher. FYI, I voted for him the first time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kilpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Which I think was excessive, based on what he was convicted of doing.
    Right, it's clear you dont give a single shit about Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    are you mad at him, or are you scared of him?" the sheriff said.

I guess that is one way to justify things,his incarceration is a result of people being scared of him or mad at him,because he has done nothing wrong and it is the people’s fault he is in jail.

The article comes across like it is a done deal,then says the letter was delivered to Trump without saying it was actually approved.

He must have some pretty dark secrets on some,or doing what he did is just considered okay,no big deal and he should be viewed as a hero.

It reminds me of Italy where they just had a huge mafia round up,then released the heads of the mafia from prison that were serving life sentences,for their safety from the rona virus.

Its the city and its 700,000 residents that suffered and paid the price for his actions and continue to do so,he gets a well supported slap in the wrist and everybody else gets a slap in the face like it is no big deal.
    Trump's convicted cronies have done worse, yet they've been let out. What's the difference? Not saying what he did was right, but that sentence was very extreme. Double standard here?
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; May-22-20 at 01:30 PM.

I wonder how much money he has. You just know he's got it stashed away somewhere, not that he couldn't find more suckers to hand some over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Trump's convicted cronies have done worse, yet they've been let out. What's the difference? Not saying what he did was right, but that sentence was very extreme. Double standard here?

I agree that there should not be a double standard, let them all stay in prison!

Punishment for white collar crime is an absolute joke in this country! It appears that the only way these scumbags end up serving anything close to a full sentence is if they make the mistake of stealing from the rich like Maddoff did.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; May-22-20 at 01:39 PM.

What is this “whataboutism” all about?

Waaaa Timmy did this...

Waaaa Nancy did that...

Unfair! Poor Kwame, unfair!

You forget he could have plead this out and been walking around today; he didn’t. He decided his charm, money, connections were more important than you, than your children, than their birthright.

He decided his fate. No one railroaded him. He had fine attorneys. Baskets of money for his defense.

He rolled the dice and it came up snake eyes.

Drump said he would drain the swamps, apparently that includes prison swamps. This has been exhausting to observe for years.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I wonder how much money he has. You just know he's got it stashed away somewhere, not that he couldn't find more suckers to hand some over.
    He better keep it stashed. He still owes the city of Detroit a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Drump said he would drain the swamps, apparently that includes prison swamps. This has been exhausting to observe for years.
    Its the swamp rat democrats that are all for releasing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Everything Lowell said. Hoping he doesn't land back in Detroit. Go elsewhere.
    Aren't his kids in Texas? Maybe he will head there. Good riddance!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast