Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Looking for a good independent housekeeper in Detroit

When I moved here a few years ago from DC, one of the things I actually missed the most was losing my housekeeper. This woman had a passion for cleaning - she did not belong to a service, and she was the only person who would take my electric toothbrush off the charging stand and clean the base! Lol, first world problems :-)

Anyway...I've tried a few services around here, and I'm just disappointed. Moderate pricing to high pricing, and the results have been disappointing. A couple people show up, they don't really care about their jobs, stuff gets missed after a while, etc. I've come to the conclusion that I really need to get back to hiring an individual, rather than a service - at least then I know they're in it for themselves.

Does anyone on here have recommendations? Looking for personal experiences, especially someone who pays attention to little details and goes above and beyond. Price is no concern at this point.

well i guess this was the wrong place for this question...

Quote Originally Posted by KnnNike View Post
    Hoping you find someone. Maybe a reference from co-workers or neighbors?

It's just hard to find this kind of help now. Very.

We had one also working at a nursing home then the COVID hit ending that as I couldn't take the risk per her exposure. It IS sorta word of mouth [[and reviews of companies providing the service).

Once the pandemic lets up, more staff that work in assisted living will resume freelance to do private home cleaning and care. Try even social media to see who's out there.

Don't tempt anyone. Put away small valuable objects and be home while cleaner is there. This is a good standard practice until you establish trust. Which takes time I've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by KnnNike View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-26-20 at 12:41 AM.

Think finding a housekeeper is bad try finding a good footman in this day and age.

If one goes to a higher end hotel and looks for housekeeping pushing a cart around,they will know somebody looking for work or even side work and they would not be working where they are at unless they were vetted.

Yes, my occasional housekeeper works at senior residence - where I met her while visiting a friend living there. Moonlighting to add to her income.

It's been great!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-03-20 at 10:57 AM.