This thread is purely for discussion of the the process of voting this year and any questions or observations. It is not for the advocacy of any candidates. Kindly keep the discussion to the mechanics of voting and tell us of your experiences.

Name:  ivoted.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  51.9 KB

I’ll begin by noting that I voted today. Usually I vote by mail but this year I requested that my ballot not be sent, opting instead to go to my town hall, show my ID, directly obtain my ballot, and vote then and there.

The process was the same as if I had received the ballot by mail. I made my choices, inserted the ballot in its secrecy envelop, placed that in a sealed mailing envelope, which I signed and dated on the outside. [Don’t forget to do that!]. I then place my ballot in the ballot box and stuck my “I Voted” sticker on my jacket. All the same as mail voting, except for sending it in my mail.

One difference I notice this year was that the Straight Party Ticket option for Partisan Offices has been restored as a part of the passing of the 2018 Referendum Proposal 3 https://www.michigan.gov/documents/s...V_635256_7.pdf

You will find that option at the top of the ballot as shown below, meaning if you wish to cast all your Partisan office votes for one party you can check the party and skip ahead to the Non-Partisan office selections vs. having to fill in all the individual office selections.

Name:  straigt-ticket.png
Views: 907
Size:  41.1 KB

[As you can see, if you choose straight party ticket there is no note advising you to skip ahead, something I thought could be confusing. So I asked the clerk what happens if one makes a straight ticket choice and then, in confusion, didn’t skip ahead to the Non-partisan offices, but went on to make individual Partisan selections. Would that void the ballot? She said no, the individual choices would be counted and the straight party choice ignored.]

Your thoughts and observations please.