Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I also think people are opting to wear face masks that show their support right on their faces

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I also think people are opting to wear face masks that show their support right on their faces
    Also one can assume that many of the left-leaning agenda signs will vote Biden. I've seen pro-science signs. I've seen anti-black-people-being-murdered-by-police-without-consequence signs. Those both seem to be triggers for many of my right-leaning friends. I would assume folks with those signs probably aren't voting for Trump.

I'm looking forward to two dates:
    October 3rd - This is the first day you can snooze someone on Facebook and not hear from them until after the election
    November 3rd - Let's get this election behind us. I hope and predict it will go well for Democrats, but I was very wrong in 2016.

I wear no insignia/ slogans on a mask - preferring the gray colored ones that are less obtrusive across my face. Don't really care for the look.

Just want to take it off asap [[such as the moment I get into my car). I did attend a function however where the hosts and guest of honor had custom one mades for their outfits [[baby shower). That was kinda cool!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post

Is Michigan still a battleground/ swing state?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    ...MI was a battleground state, which Trump won by 10,704 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Is Michigan still a battleground/ swing state?
    Absolutely. Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Florida last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Absolutely. Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Florida last I checked.
    This site has a pretty neat way of presenting data: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...cast/michigan/

Interesting to me that the Dems have nominated probably the worst candidate they could have in Biden. Everyone seems to recognize that his mental facilities are failing, and it's just one verbal screw up after another. I would have been delighted in seeing a down-to-earth moderate democrat arisin, but, alas, it was not to be. Trump in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    This Trump supporter suspects Biden has the margin, close as it may be. I just hope everyone takes the result in stride and lets the world go on. Frankly, I don't much care who is President unless it is some Joseph Stalin. But there ain't too many of them around.
    Isn't Stalin Trump's idol?

Frankly, I don't care about yard signs as they don't translate into votes. We need to VOTE for Biden / Harris and that will be all that's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    "you can steal my sign but you cant steal my vote".
    Unless:

1. I'm supposed to vote in person on November 3 because you didn't give me any alternatives but I work all day can't take the day off.
    2. I'm voting in person and you intimidate me with guns and angry nutjob stares "making sure everything is safe" at the polling place.
    3. I'm voting in person and you tricked me by sending me a mailer, SMS, phone call, or email that told me to go to the wrong place.
    4. I'm voting in person and because you closed so many polling places and I don't drive or don't have a car I can't get to the one I'm supposed to use without an arduous trek or expense I can't afford.
    5. I'm voting in person and because you closed so many polling places the line is so long I can't wait because I have a job/kids/any of a number of other responsibilities.
    6. I'm voting in person and because you underfunded our voting systems so badly the machinery in my area [[but not yours) is so unreliable it gummed things up and the line is so long I can't wait.
    7. I'm voting in person, polling places can't be staffed as needed because you mismanaged COVID so badly the volunteers stay home for fear of infection [[or already were and couldn't come ), and the trek is too far or the line is so long I can't wait.
    8. I'm voting in person, polling places can't be staffed as needed because you scared away the volunteers by encouraging nutjobs to bring guns, and the trek is too far or the line is so long I can't wait.
    9. I'm voting in person, you imposed a strict requirement to provide a drivers license, State ID, or passport, and because I'm a college student who recently moved into a dorm my address doesn't match.
    10. I'm voting in person, you imposed a strict photo ID requirement, and even though I'm a college student who went through the trouble of getting a drivers license that reflects my new dorm address, because you mismanaged COVID so badly I was forced to evacuate and my address still doesn't match.
    11. I'm voting in person, you imposed a strict photo ID requirement, and because I'm a renter and my lease recently expired I changed address.
    12. I'm voting in person, you imposed a strict photo ID requirement, you mismanaged COVID so badly the economy took a nose dive, I lost my job, couldn't pay rent, and when you ended the eviction moratorium I lost my home and changed address.
    13. I'm voting in person, you imposed a strict photo ID requirement, I don't have a passport, and because I drive while black I've suffered so many tickets you suspended my license.
    14. I'm voting by drop box and because you limited drop boxes to one per county the drive is too far / the line is so long I can't wait.
    15. I'm voting by drop box and without realizing it I put it into one of the unofficial drop boxes you set up and my vote is lost.
    16. I'm voting by drop box and you set fire to it, or [[more than likely) paid someone else to do it.
    17. I'm voting by mail and you gummed up our postal service so badly my ballot gets lost or doesn't arrive in time.
    18. I'm voting by mail but before I do you rang my doorbell and conned me into believing I should give you my ballot and you'd deliver it safely, but you don't.
    19. I'm voting by mail, you passed a law my signature must match whatever mark I made whenever I registered to vote, and you claim it doesn't perfectly match.
    20. I'm voting by mail, you passed a law my signature must match, and even though you can't reasonably claim it doesn't you imposed an unreasonable deadline by which ballots must be counted and because matching signatures takes so long the vote counters don't get to mine in time.
    21. Whatever way I'm voting you designed the ballot so confusingly I accidentally don't mark it for the candidate[[s) I support or make some other error you say renders it invalid.
    22. I committed a felony [[even marijuana possession) and you passed a law that says because of that I can't vote.
    23. I committed a felony, the law you passed that prohibited me from voting is overturned, you pass another that says I still can't vote if I haven't paid the fees I incurred during the court proceedings, and you don't provide an easy way to find out if I do and if so what's their cost.
    24. I committed a felony, the law you passed that prohibited me from voting was overturned, you did nothing to inform me my rights are restored and I don't know to register, and even if I did you hung posters all over my neighborhood warning election fraud is a crime, making me doubt my rights and I don't vote.
    25. I didn't commit a felony, but you falsely claim I did and without notification "purged" my name from the list of registered voters because you passed a law that prohibits felons from voting [[it's really happened -- thousands of times).
    26. I have the same first name, last name, and birthday as someone else in another State so you purged my voter registration, claiming I'm trying to vote in multiple States [[really, 100,000+ times).
    27. I haven't voted in the past two or more Federal elections [[they happen every two years) so you purged my voter registration [[well over 100,000 times).
    28. All hoops were jumped and my vote is counted, but you gerrymandered the districts to favor your party so even though voters like me are a clear majority across the State / the Nation, our votes are effectively diluted and your party still controls the State and/or Federal House.
    29. I'm making my decision whether to vote and whom to vote for based on lies you peddled or some other disinformation campaign.
    30. Etc., etc., etc...

Please vote! It's urgent.
    Don't get discouraged.
    But we should not take our right to vote for granted.
    Let's heal and do better next time!
    Last edited by bust; October-29-20 at 05:13 PM.

Better than yard signs; former President Obama and Joe Biden showed up On Belle Isle on Saturday. Dominatrix Gretchen Whitmer showed up for Biden in either Detroit or Flint. It wasn't clear in the article. Looking good in leather she "called the Trump administration "cruel and callous". She would know. From the aerial photo, it looked like about 120-200 bothered to show up in Detroit although maybe there were more in parked cars. Obama and Biden said that Trump had bungled to pandemic although there didn't appear to be social distancing of people crowding the stage at this rally.
    Last edited by oladub; November-02-20 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Better than yard signs; former President Obama and Joe Biden showed up On Belle Isle on Saturday. Dominatrix Gretchen Whitmer showed up for Biden in either Detroit or Flint. It wasn't clear in the article. Looking good in leather she "called the Trump administration "cruel and callous". She would know. From the aerial photo, it looked like about 120-200 bothered to show up in Detroit although maybe there were more in parked cars. Obama and Biden said that Trump had bungled to pandemic although there didn't appear to be social distancing of people crowding the stage at this rally.
    Obama hammered him, as he should. With all the crap and that comes out of Trumps mouth......if he can dish it out, he should take it.

Yard signs aside, I never use them. I don't need to shout to the world, who I'm voting for. Nobody needs to know. Just waiting to see what kind of tactics, Dump will come up with next. He's already talking about firing Dr Fauci if he gets back in, [[wishful thinking) as well as hiring lawyers to validate the mail in votes after the election. This bum is truly a piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Obama and Biden said that Trump had bungled to pandemic
    Wow, high praise coming from two of the best bunglers. Did either mention what they would have done differently? But then hindsight is 20-20.

Me too. I'm not happy with our choices either. But I'm happier than last time. And hell if I can endure another 4 years of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Me too. I'm not happy with our choices either. But I'm happier than last time. And hell if I can endure another 4 years of this.
    I’m less happy then 2016. Actually, I think the choices are appalling. At least Hillary Clinton was lucid almost all the time and her running mate was not as far left of center as Kamala Harris is. 330 million people in this country and this is the best we can do? It’s been almost as much comedy as election.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Wow, high praise coming from two of the best bunglers. Did either mention what they would have done differently? But then hindsight is 20-20.
    It's not a matter of hindsight. Trump has minimized the pandemic and attacked the response by certain governors the entire time. He's literally traded lives for political points with his base.

What would have Biden\Obama\Democrats have done differently? They would have taken it seriously. They would have let scientists lead the way. They would have promoted mask mandates as patriotic, instead of make fun of people for wearing masks [[Trump literally mocked people for wearing masks).

Trump has been an awful president that always puts what's best for him first. If that means a bunch of people dying or tear this country in half, then so be it.

It looks like he'll be gone in January. Thank God and good riddance.

Sadly behind this we're so divided yet. Had Trump won there are factions of the other side that would have made a huge uproar.

To not consider that is to 'believe' that the violence, looting etc. was solely hemmed up one side. Nope! Things are rarely so ascribed. This was not and is not. Even if you're an indy as I am, the narrative out there will exist that if you're not 'gleeful' re. the Biden win you were full-out for Trump or worse just racist, hater, brain-washed etc. SO unfortunate for this country.

The media loves it. Division for sure drives ratings!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-06-20 at 10:33 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3