Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Adding to my previous post, while turning into my subdivision today, there are four more homes adding to the Biden/Harris signs and one home, with a banner across the second level of their home.
    Last edited by Maof; October-23-20 at 05:39 AM.

It's all so annoying. We get mail from every political perspective and 'strain' of politic known to man [[as were not solidly partisan to any one group or politic). I just pitch into the waste can. Just more reasons for more doxing, cancelling, lit-torch pointing and now cutting of folks.

Ditch the signs is our cue. Next will be the maniacs coming forth if you don't make PUBLIC your political allegiance and voting choice. And don't think that will be coming solely from one side. Nope. I know FAR better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Predictably, it's turning ugly. Be careful people.

Razor blades embedded in Trump-Pence campaign signs send Commerce worker to the hospital

The photo shows some mighty rusty razor blades.

There are definitely a lot more Biden signs sprouting up now than when this thread was started. City and burbs.

I drove through the Kettering neighborhood today located between the Packard Plant and the modern new plant constructed on the former
    Kettering campus. There were many Biden-Harris signs but no
    Trump-Pence signs.

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    I drove through the Kettering neighborhood today located between the Packard Plant and the modern new plant constructed on the former
    Trump-Pence signs.
    You're really surprised? Everyone there is on welfare of some kind. Welfare is the Democrat platform!

[[Hey, lighten' up! Just funnin'!)

Had to go to Doctor up in Keego Harbor today; drove through B'ham and Bloomfield Hills. Saw 3 Biden signs and NO Trump

HAH! As I said before some Trump voters will not put up signs in certain areas, especially in SE Michigan. Nope, they will just go place their vote and go on their way. This is a battleground [[swing) state and things could go either way without a great deal of public display.

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    Trump-Pence signs.
    A new modern plant where Kettering used to be? I wasn't aware.
    Last I heard my old high school was gonna be a cornfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Just sayin'. In view of today's political climates, I think putting any sign, one way or another, invites a goonie of the opposite side to destroy the property the sign is on. It happens. Both sides.
    There has been quite a bit of sign anger and violence, notably the hay bale issue in Mass. In many areas, it isn't felt to be safe to put signs out.

I'm in a crimson orange area and I see as many, if not more blue signs than the other. That doesn't necessarily indicate which way the vote will go though, as I expect the county will go orange.

The signs that were put on everyone's lawns in my neighborhood
    were courtesy of SEIU and included their wish list which included
    a $15 wage. The Biden-Harris signs seen in wealthier neighborhoods
    don't have this detail.

If SEIU had not undertaken this sign outreach very few Biden-Harris
    signs would be in that area.

For the past week or so I have noticed a transition from having my mail box stuffed with oversized campaign mailers to seeing giant sign dumps in the here in the Farmingtons. I haven't received a mailer in several days now. So thankfully my recycling bin is reduced by the absence of those mailers.

The sign dumps occur on what might be considered neutral private lots and corners, like where construction is ongoing or pending, or perhaps where owners permit it. These spots are now cluttered with largely down-ballot contestants for state legislature, school boards, judges and the like, along with with a mix of federal candidates.

As for lawn signs, compared to 2016, there are double to triple the number indicating far more fervor. Biden/Harris currently outnumber Trump/Pence about two or three to one.

If public opinion mirrors enthusiasm through rally attendance, it’s a slam dunk for Trump. That’s what counts. Getting up, waiting in line, “risking” COVID. Signs on the other hand need no effort besides, they invite shitheads onto your lawn. Things have gotten so bad, some don’t feel comfortable flying an American flag. This election couldn’t end any sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    If public opinion mirrors enthusiasm through rally attendance, it’s a slam dunk for Trump. That’s what counts. Getting up, waiting in line, “risking” COVID. Signs on the other hand need no effort besides, they invite shitheads onto your lawn. Things have gotten so bad, some don’t feel comfortable flying an American flag. This election couldn’t end any sooner.
    His rally attendance doesn't matter to anyone but him. Just shows his lack of responsibility for others. Especially to seniors who are concerned about the pandemic, as they are more vulnerable. They are not voting for him in the same numbers this time around. Coronavirus is the anchor around his neck.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-24-20 at 12:57 PM.

Yesterday on the radio I heard that there's so much money being spent on political ads that there's now a shortage of what they called "ad slots." They said the shortage is driving ad prices up.

I also received a political post card printed with lines to allow for a handwritten message from the sender. The imperfections in the handwriting indicated it was genuine. That's the first time I've ever seen such a thing. It gave it a nice personal touch to think that someone cared enough to go the that trouble.

Maybe the higher prices of ads prompted the candidate to spend that money instead on the manual labor required to write the cards. It could augment the income of some of the newly unemployed while giving the campaign a more human touch.

If so, that's brilliant!

I also received a political post card printed with lines to allow for a handwritten message from the sender. The imperfections in the handwriting indicated it was genuine.
    From 'Denise' in Tacoma, WA?

I got two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    From 'Denise' in Tacoma, WA?...
    Er, no. Was that just a non sequitur or did I miss something?

Er, no. Was that just a non sequitur or did I miss something?
    The old adage of, 'Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see', now, has to be amended, due to the advent of deep fake technology, to 'Believe none of what you hear and none of what you see',

A new field of endeavor to keep an eye on is "Lie Detection" technology done in real time .
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; October-25-20 at 05:50 AM.

Hah! That's what I've been saying. Some [[especially now where any variance against the scriptures of the holy politic is considered apostate) may say and do one thing publically and something else privately.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-26-20 at 11:58 PM.

In live in Bloomfield and so far in my neighborhood there have only be Biden signs, about 3 or 4 of them but more have been springing up. Its also pretty culturally diverse [[a big reason we like the neighborhood) with neighbors from many ethnicities and backgrounds, so I'm guessing that is also a factor.
    Last edited by girlcriedcomet; October-27-20 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by girlcriedcomet View Post
    In live in Bloomfield and so far in my neighborhood there have only be Biden signs, about 3 or 4 of them but more have been springing up. Its also pretty culturally diverse [[a big reason we like the neighborhood) with neighbors from many ethnicities and backgrounds, so I'm guessing that is also a factor.
    I’m in the Maple / Lasher area, more Trump signs around where I live, by a significant margin.

Let NOTHING be a surprise next week. You can take that with whatever glee or doom you feel is appropriate.

Amusingly, at the ripe age of 84, I really don't much give a crap over who wins or which party dominates Congress. I'm just happy with a good bowel movement. And that will be all of you, some day, I assure you.

^ Hah! And some politicians will decide how many flushes per household, and what kind of toilet you can have!

Wait that's already happening [[to some extent).
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-28-20 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Amusingly, at the ripe age of 84, I really don't much give a crap over who wins or which party dominates Congress. I'm just happy with a good bowel movement. And that will be all of you, some day, I assure you.
    Glad to hear you're not like these guys, Ray.

COSHOCTON, Ohio – An 84-year-old Ohio man was assaulted at his home for having a Joe Biden campaign sign in his yard, according to the Coshocton County Sheriff’s Office.
    While responding to an assault call in Coshocton, approximately 70 miles east-northeast of Columbus, on Oct. 22, Deputy Tyler Mann found an 84-year-old man who was bleeding on the left side of his face and right hand.
    The victim told the deputy that Melvin E. Wallace attacked him during a confrontation as the victim was getting out of his car at his home. The 84-year-old man was later transported by Coshocton County Emergency Medical Services to the emergency room of Coshocton Regional Medical Center for treatment of wounds.
    The deputy spoke with a neighbor who witnessed the incident and said Wallace was punching and kicking the victim.
    Wallace, 69, of West Lafayette, was formally charged on Monday with assault, a first-degree misdemeanor, in Coshocton Municipal Court. Wallace has not been booked in the Coshocton Justice Center. He is scheduled for another hearing on Nov. 18 in municipal court.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rd/3750204001/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast