Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I've never seen anything like those flatbed trucks with basically parade floats, or people driving around in trucks waving giant flags out their window for anyone other than Trump. I also don't have any recollection of anything like the red maga hats.

So it's not surprising that that group of people would be more likely to put out yard signs.

Getting back on topic, I see about a 50-50 split of yard signs in my neighborhood for Biden & Trump. I'm in Wayne County, so maybe the first shipment of Biden lawn signs was distributed here first, as we're primarily Democratic voters.
    The choice this time, IMO, boils down to which old guy will you vote for?

I live on a small cul de sac with 25 houses on it. Usually there are never any political signs out any year but this year there are 2 biden signs and 1 trump. Personally I am not so into it that I want to put a sign in my yard nor do I feel like advertising who I am voting for. Specially considering how divided folks are this day and age. They had biden signs and stickers up at my local, Im pretty sure they were free. They had "ridin with biden" sitckers.

I'd not put up any political sign on my property. There are wackos on both sides who would take offense and see it as a target for egging or even worse. Sad statement of fact in today's America, but it's truth.

[[On the other hand, how about a "None of the Above" sign????? )

In and around Oakland County I think I see more Trump signs. I’m not really seeing that many signs, but it’s still early.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    In and around Oakland County I think I see more Trump signs. I’m not really seeing that many signs, but it’s still early.
    Rochester Hills here. So far on my street there are three Trump signs and six Biden signs.

No political lawn signs on my street. We're anti-social that way. Wait! There's one lone BLM one!

We don't do trick or treat either. LOL!

Name:  WP_20200830_12_59_22_Pro_LI.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  59.3 KB

Putting up a Trump lawn sign is social suicide. Through the Bushes, I think you could put up a [[R) lawn sign, and not get the cold shoulder at the neighborhood picnic. Not this time. To put up Trump is limited to those with FU money, or the strongly anti-social.

Last edited by Zacha341; September-25-20 at 02:21 PM.

All non-Detroit political topics and off topic posts on this thread [and others where it may occur] have been and will be dumped into the Off Topic Post Dump.

This thread is about political signs and/or the lack thereof in Metro Detroit only. Kindly stay on topic.

Only discussion of topics concerning the Detroit-Windsor international metropolis are allowed on the Discuss Detroit forum. No discussion of topics outside that sphere will be permitted.
    Last edited by admin; September-25-20 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Not for 40 bones, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    Fear also in the sense that they're going to be bothered\confronted by Trumpers.

For example, in my front yard I have a sign that says "No matter where you are from, I'm glad that you're our neighbor". It says this message in three different languages, English, Arabic, and Spanish. My Trump-loving neighbor across the street confronted me about the sign. She asked me what it meant. I explained it to her. She then got offended and said that "those people" are ruining our neighborhood [[never mind the fact that she's the one that has weeds and cat shit make up most of her lawn). She then also went on yelling about how George Floyd and Trevon Martin deserved to die. I wish I was joking.

When my other neighbor found out that I was an Obama supporter he got really upset. He told me to "look at my 401K under Trump". I pointed out to him that the stock market LITERALLY DOUBLED in Obama's time in office. He told me it wasn't true. I told him it was an objective fact that can't be argued. It's too exhausting to deal with Trump supporters. They deny reality. Religion and faith in God has been replaced for some with faith in Trump.

You're batting 1.000 with this.

I think that part of the reason for the paucity of Biden signs might be fear of retaliation if you have them on your lawn; be it defacing, tearing down or stealing. I'm a well known liberal where I live and earlier this summer, I got a very nasty letter about my BLM sign. Odd thing is, I didn't have a BLM sign; just some stellar citizen here knew I supported them because of social media posts I made.

It would be nice if people here could post photos of Detroit area outstanding political sign displays.

I saw one display I especially liked. On a county road two farm neighbors across the road from each other had dueling signs. Both were large red, white and blue signs, one for Trump the other for Biden. They were lined up exactly opposite, perpendicular to each other and equidistant from the road. It somehow represented the way the contest was supposed to be carried out with equal voice, no damage and no intimidation. The symmetry on the signs' arrangement suggested the neighbors were very aware of and respected each other. Norman Rockwell could have done something with the arrangement.

Once again...

Non-Detroit political topics and off topic posts on this thread have been and will be dumped into the Off Topic Post Dump.

This thread is about political signs and/or the lack thereof in Metro Detroit only. Kindly stay on topic.

Only discussion of topics concerning the Detroit-Windsor international metropolis are allowed on the Discuss Detroit forum. No discussion of topics outside that sphere will be permitted.

I just saw a large Trump sign splashed with black paint off 22 Mile Road. It was in the middle of a large yard that would have involved a bit of effort and risk to get to.

One of the reasons you see so many Trump signs & flags North of 20 Mile in Macomb County is because there's a gentleman on Romeo Plank Rd between 25 & 26 Mile [[and that's a guess) that is literally running the 'Wall Drug' of Trump campaign products on his property. I see it every time I head to the golf course. I can only guess by the size that it must be authorized by the campaign. There's usually as many cars stopped there as at the local fruit & vegetable stands in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I'd not put up any political sign on my property. There are wackos on both sides who would take offense and see it as a target for egging or even worse. Sad statement of fact in today's America, but it's truth.
    Same way we feel.

Someone put a Biden/Harris lawn sign on my front lawn yesterday
    as well as on many other lawns on my block. I took mine down this
    morning. The Biden/Harris administration will be neoliberal, at least
    as much as the Clinton and Obama administrations were, though an
    improvement on the Trump administration.

^^^ Yeah, I don't need to be FORCE fed who to vote for or not, or to TELL or reveal who I vote for or not.

But some are submitting to all that and more, yet what they'll do in private what they wish anyway, withstanding what is confessed publicly.

Such is the way of it. I would have removed the sign too if I didn't put it there.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-05-20 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Someone put a Biden/Harris lawn sign on my front lawn yesterday
    as well as on many other lawns on my block. I took mine down this
    morning. The Biden/Harris administration will be neoliberal, at least
    as much as the Clinton and Obama administrations were, though an
    improvement on the Trump administration.
    It's too late... you've been tagged by the MAGA crowd.... prepare to be T'P'ed.... on Oct. 30!!

It is a big surprise that this has not happened already, other
    than that the regular neighbors are very polite people, and
    the non regular neighbors don't have or want a clue.
    However I just don't know about Halloween this year.
    I do usually hand stuff out on Halloween to all visitors.
    Thinking I will put wrapped goodies out on a small table
    on the porch and stay inside and wave from inside if
    anyone comes trick or treating.

Predictably, it's turning ugly. Be careful people.

Razor blades embedded in Trump-Pence campaign signs send Commerce worker to the hospital

A city worker in Commerce Township was injured by razor blades embedded into several Trump-Pence campaign signs, city officials said.

The worker went to remove the signs that were improperly located on the public easement on Sleeth Street and said he came away with three fingers badly sliced by blades. He required 13 stitches.
    The photo shows some mighty rusty razor blades.

God, I hate Commerce. Lived there for years, total cesspool in the middle of nowhere.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast