Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Not necessarily. They could decide they don't need the parking in the future [[which is likely, it's downtown Detroit) and offer the lot to be developed. I find that much better then parking being forever attached to the building like some of the monstrosities you see that get built in the South. It's good that there is no parking being built for this.
    it's also right across the street from the Z garage, i wouldn't be surprised if residents were offered a long term spot in there [[or just a pass given that i've never seen the Z totally full). i have not been in town long but anecdotally there seems to be ample garage and parallel street parking that most of these surface lots are totally superfluous

Looks like a lift has been completed at the the Exchange. There is a video on Crain's Detroit showing a million pound plate being moved at once. Don't have access to the article unfortunately.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/constr...ifted-all-once

https://www.bartonmalow.com/news-events/newsfeed/liftbuild-successfully-completes-first-lift-at-exchange-project%EF%BF%BC/

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Looks like a lift has been completed at the the Exchange. There is a video on Crain's Detroit showing a million pound plate being moved at once. Don't have access to the article unfortunately.
    It seemed like the elevator cores went up fast and then not much was happening. Now I know why. Should go "down" quickly now.

It's cool that this building method was developed by a local company, and the proof of concept is happening right in downtown! It will be very strange to see when it has, say, 5 floors at the top. Like a giant mushroom.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    ShadowSoarer... I'm not sure how you add image links in threads on DYES, but can you switch to using the DYES "Manage Attachments" process?

Every single one of your image links from last year on this thread is now broken, and your images are gone. By using the DYES Manage Attachments [uploads your images to DYES], images from over 10 years ago are still visible on DYES threads. It makes looking at old threads more satisfying.

Thank you...
    Last edited by Gistok; May-04-22 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ShadowSoarer... I'm not sure how you add image links in threads on DYES, but can you switch to using the DYES "Manage Attachments" process?

Every single one of your image links from last year on this thread is now broken, and your images are gone. By using the DYES Manage Attachments [uploads your images to DYES], images from over 10 years ago are still visible on DYES threads. It makes looking at old threads more satisfying.

Thank you...
    I'll see if I can reupload some of the images later.

Meanwhile did find a free video of the lift in process:

https://detroit.urbanize.city/post/l...-roof-exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Thank you...
    Below were some of the images with some bonus images.
    Last edited by ShadowSoarer; May-06-22 at 07:27 PM.

I hope people who rent/ purchase at the Exchange enjoy very loud music, especially in warm weather, walked by that area Friday night at the corner of Monroe just down the street from the Exchange is the Delmar bar restaurant in Greektown . Their music is extremely loud and they also have a rooftop patio very crowded playing very loud music. I remember being in the Greektown hotel once when you could even hear their music loudly even in their hotel rooms.I can’t imagine what people in the exchange building will be listening to till all hours of the morning. People often don’t think about this when they purchase, and it’s too late once they moved in when they realize living there , will be anything but quiet in the evening. That sort of noise really travels through windows.

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    I hope people who rent/ purchase at the Exchange enjoy very loud music, especially in warm weather, walked by that area Friday night at the corner of Monroe just down the street from the Exchange is the Delmar bar restaurant in Greektown . Their music is extremely loud and they also have a rooftop patio very crowded playing very loud music. I remember being in the Greektown hotel once when you could even hear their music loudly even in their hotel rooms.I can’t imagine what people in the exchange building will be listening to till all hours of the morning. People often don’t think about this when they purchase, and it’s too late once they moved in when they realize living there , will be anything but quiet in the evening. That sort of noise really travels through windows.
    First of all, this should be a matter taken up by the city's licensing department. The city needs to ensure that bars and venues can coexist with residents. Secondly, don't move to an entertainment district if you are looking for peace and quiet. There should be reasonable and enforceable limits on excessive noise, but some level of noise should be assumed if living Downtown.

Looks like the 15th floor is hoisted into place. This article is behind a paywall, but was able to play the video and see an image of the update.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/2022/06/24/upscale-detroit-condos-hoisted-into-place/7709766001/?gnt-cfr=1

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    The city I am in just went through all of that,new build multistory with shops on the ground floor and condos in the levels above.

Owner of the building okayed a harmless ice cream shop to open up.

Little did he know it was a ice cream shop that identified as a night club at night,Kinda pissed the condo owners off when they had to listen to rap at 3 am even after it was all soundproofed.

It took a year to settle that one.

Remember a few years back in Detroit the ones that bought into the industrial lofts,then complained because of the industrial activity going on.

You can always tell the level of progress by the nature of complaints that follow.

Here's a short video including this development!

Last edited by Zacha341; June-25-22 at 10:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2