Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default West Coast Wildfires

Disturbing new satellite imagery shows the vast scope of the wildfires burning in Washington, Oregon and California. Dozens of fires have turned skies orange, rained ash on cities and towns, destroyed several million acres of land and killed at least seven people....
    I heard on the radio that 1/10th of Oregon's population is evacuating.

Colorado was getting pretty severe but the snow helped some with containment. My daughter lives about 70 miles from the nearest fire and was getting ash raining down on her driveway and air quality was at 220 last Sunday

Yeah, Denver weather has been way too weird lately.

Denver Sets 14 Hot And Cold Weather Records In Just 6 Days
    Monday night an unprecedented cold front [swept] into Colorado causing a 62 degree drop from the high of 93 degrees on Monday to the low of 31 degrees on Tuesday. It was the biggest 2-day temperature swing ever recorded in Denver in September.

Denver weather is always pretty bizarre; my daughter has lived out there since 2001 and I've been there in February where I've had ot buy summer clothes because it's too hot to wear what I brought and then one Sept we had to buy winter coats.
    About 6 yrs ago, we were there in mid Oct and it was gorgeous. Until the day before we were supposed to drive out and the temp dropped and we had to leave a day early to outrun a snow storm across Colorado and Nebraska. The storm took out a tree that would have landed on our car had we not followed Seger's advice and "got out of Denver, baby, go"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Yeah, Denver weather has been way too weird lately.

Denver Sets 14 Hot And Cold Weather Records In Just 6 Days

Detroit, Oregon destroyed by wildfires
    https://www.opb.org/article/2020/09/...-by-wildfires/

According to Wikipedia, the town of Detroit, Oregon was named for Detroit, Michigan in the 1890s because of the large number of people from Michigan in the community.

As of the 2010 census, the population was 202.

Did we ever find out the gender of the child?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Detroit, Oregon destroyed by wildfires....
    Judging by the map, that must be near the northernmost Oregon fires show in the first post.

Note also the large westernmost fire in northern California. You can judge the wind direction by the smoke before sunset then after the terminator passes you can see the firefront both advance and spread wider. What a nightmare. I think there's not much population there though.

I heard on WWJ that today would have been a sunny day in Detroit, MI if not for the smoke in the high atmosphere.