Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    This is stupid. Where are the mass memorials for gun victims, or traffic accidents, cancer, heart failure or anything else?
    Certainly when there is a catastrophic loss of life such as in a plane crash, or fire, or massacre, there are mass memorials. While the loss of life has been over the last six months rather than at a single instance, this pandemic is taking lives, and depriving families of being with their loved ones at the end of their lives as well as depriving them of mourning with family and friends together, so this Detroit Memorial is a way to help ease their pain and to allow those who couldn't attend services to be there now. These 1500 Detroiters have have died due to COVID-19 tell us that the situation is real!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Certainly when there is a catastrophic loss of life such as in a plane crash, or fire, or massacre, there are mass memorials. While the loss of life has been over the last six months rather than at a single instance, this pandemic is taking lives, and depriving families of being with their loved ones at the end of their lives as well as depriving them of mourning with family and friends together, so this Detroit Memorial is a way to help ease their pain and to allow those who couldn't attend services to be there now. These 1500 Detroiters have have died due to COVID-19 tell us that the situation is real!
    Most of them died within the span of two months.

Well stated Kathleen:

As I said before those choosing to negate the specific, and concentrated death tolls resultant of C-19 will continue [[unless it impacts them personally).

Exaggeration [[we're all gonna die!) is not useful either. I seek balance.

I plan to go see the memorial in the spirit of what it will mean to me [[five people I know died, ten contracted C-19) this weekend if it remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    ...These 1500 Detroiters have have died due to COVID-19 tell us that the situation is real!
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-03-20 at 08:16 PM.