Quote Originally Posted by djtomt View Post
It's not just a few, it's a LOT. If you were to go downtown on a Saturday night you'd think the Super Bowl was in town based on all the people on the streets, in parking lots, etc. But only a small percentage of those folks are patronizing the businesses due to capacity restrictions etc.

There are a TON of people out on the street, cars, scooters, whatever. A lot of bad behavior as expected when crowds that size congregate, and some of it is out in the open. I'm guessing more police presence is necessary, but then we get into manpower issues etc.

This happens every summer, but not to this degree. There is definitely a vibe in the air - a lot of people causing trouble and getting away with it. I can definitely see how some feel unsafe.

Will be interesting to see what happens once the weather changes. I'm guessing a lot of this will go away once it gets cold.
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
-Yogi Berra

This obviously isn't a complaint about crowds, since I've never seen a thread like this about suburbanites coming to a game at the stadiums. It's a complaint about the wrong type of people being downtown. If we're still having that type of conversation, then downtown Detroit's renaissance was always doomed.