Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes,who would have ever thought a section labeled Non Detroit would contain Non Detroit discussions and even include Non Detroiters,I guess it is that complicated.

What is interesting is that even on the Detroit side of things there is one group that is allowed to bring up distaste for the current president and against those who may or may not support him with the opposing views not allowed to be discussed. Kinda of a one way street there.

As far as Detroit and as evidenced here is the one thing that has not changed is the animosity towards outsiders.

Those with means left,others with means capitalized on the scraps and in return they threw who was left the remains and stuck them with the bill.

That is the choice,keep holding out hope for a few billionaires to save you but in case you have not noticed things have changed but nothing has changed.

Money rules the world like it or not,without it nothing changes,so keep up with the outsiders have no place in Detroit because,Kudos,it has worked out so well in the past 50 years,I agree if it ain’t broke why fix it.

The question was what went wrong and how do we fix it,the answer was oppression of those who think differently or have different ideas or do not agree with you and then at the end of the day blame everybody else.

The pot holes are the fault of everybody else,the mass transit system is everybody else’s fault and on and on,but yet there are other cities that have few potholes and transit systems that were even funded by outsiders in part.

But that is your choice to live by,keep that wall up,keep thinking like you do where everybody else has no clue because they have not been to Detroit, as if the basic metrics in Detroit are different then any other city in the world.

At this rate you will be looking at generations in order to undo the we got this now piss off attitude.

Had there been any logic to the arguments at all, then their removal would have been questionable.

But when people can't even argue on the same wavelength [[hell some weren't even on the same planet!)... then posting becomes a pointless exercise. People with little or no knowledge of true debating, turn threads into mush.

Logic should be a mandatory course taught in every high school...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Rational verses logical,what is the difference?

https://simplicable.com/new/rational-thought

Egocentrism is the inability to differentiate between self and other. More specifically, it is the inability to untangle subjective schemas from objective reality and an inability to accurately assume or understand any perspective other than one's own.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentrism

This is a really interesting question, because it even questions logic itself.
    There is no way to prove the ‘reliability of logic’ or prove ‘logic’ itself, since proving can only be done in terms of logic, and that would be circle reasoning. However, even when discussing whether logic is reliable, I used logic, which strictly speaking is not really allowed, since that is a form of circle reasoning as well. So when questioning logic, we couldn’t use logic itself. But when we can’t logic, it becomes quite useless to even discuss this question.

https://www.quora.com/How-reliable-is-logic

It just is not logical to have a mandatory course on logic in high school.

I think that is the only value of logic. We can’t know whether logic is actually reliable in any sense. According to pure skepticists, we can’t even trust logics. However, logic gets us places. It turns out logic is very reliable in our perception of the world, it always seems to work. Imagine if we would/could never logic again, the world would become quite chaotic. Besides as I pointed out discussing the value of logic itself is quite pointless.
    So the answer is: We can’t know whether logic is reliable or not. We just trust in logic because in our world it appears to be really valuable.

Logical reasoning can be a good servant but a poor master. While the principles of using accurate premises to draw a strong conclusion may be admirable, they frequently break down when they are used incorrectly. A logical fallacy occurs when an incorrect or unsupported conclusion is drawn from premises. There are dozens of types of logical fallacies that serve as tripwires and pitfalls to good logical reasoning and must be avoided to ensure a sound, convincing argument.

https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-logical-reasoning.htm

Tune in next week for our session on critical thinking.

Example of Logical Fallacies

"You oppose a senator's proposal to extend government-funded health care to poor minority children because that senator is a liberal Democrat. This is a common logical fallacy known as ad hominem, which is Latin for 'against the man.' Instead of dealing with the argument you preempt any discussion by basically saying, 'I cannot listen to anyone who does not share my social and political values.' You indeed may decide that you don't like the argument the senator is making, but it is your job to poke holes in the argument, not to engage in a personal attack."

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-lo...allacy-1691259

Last edited by Richard; September-11-20 at 09:14 AM.

Name:  eyeroll1.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  19.3 KBName:  eyeroll2.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  6.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Had there been any logic to the arguments at all, then their removal would have been questionable.

But when people can't even argue on the same wavelength [[hell some weren't even on the same planet!)... then posting becomes a pointless exercise. People with little or no knowledge of true debating, turn threads into mush.

Logic should be a mandatory course taught in every high school...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
    It became a disaster of disinformation spread by a few.
    That part belongs in the trash heap where it was sent.
    I'll miss the non-cultian discussions we used to have,
    But if the admin doesn't have time to moderate the non-Detroit forum, especially now when truth and thoughtful analysis are so necessary, I can't fault him for not wanting to distract himself, or us, any further.
    Those loud few are why we can't we have nice things any more.
    Last edited by bust; September-13-20 at 02:21 PM. Reason: q

That’s what people in places like Minneapolis,Seattle and Portland are probably thinking also.

The mindset of having nice things that brings ghettos,despair and lack of opportunity,and destruction,but it is everybody else’s mindset that is screwed up,how dare they think that it is just not a normal way to operate a city.

But then again how else does one feel superior to others if all of that did not exist,so they continue with the status quo at the expense of others for a little self righteousness.

Some currently live in New York City or other states and chastise others when they actually left instead of staying and doing their part to fix things,it is easy to bask in the glory of what others built while condemning those who think different.

If that mindset was based on logic or thoughtful analysis then there would be no issues to discuss.

All it really does is highlight the why aspect and even though it is right there in plain site some still refuse to except it,sooner or later it is not everybody else’s fault.

The majority of the posts were Jussie Smullet style,the flame was lit and everybody that did not agree was an idiot,until time went on and the truth or all of the facts came out and the page turned.

Re-read the topic posts from start to finish 90% started out based on false information provided,so the argument of lack of logic applies when you are basing a discussion on false or unproven facts?

It had zero to do with logic and everything to do with - I do not like who you support there-for anything you say or write is going to be wrong and if I cannot prove it based on facts I will start attacking you personally.

It was not a discussion it became a agenda based portal.
    Last edited by Richard; September-13-20 at 05:59 PM.

Am I the only one who sees this entire thread discussion as a bit ironic?

I see your point!

At least it's just a thread, not a free-for-all forum. It has averaged less than one post per day. And thus far no one has exhibited bad behavior.
    But may it rest in peace soon too.

A shame you couldn't toss the abusers and leave the other interested/interesting types to post.

One last Jimmy Dore video for old time's sake:

https://youtu.be/SRP6xPqPWGA

"Biden Betrays Working People Again -- Backtracks $15 Minimum Wage"

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    We regret to announce that the Non-Detroit forum has been closed. It has finally proven to be too much work to continue its operation. The time-consuming and unpleasant work of dealing with a continual stream of complaints... have brought on this action.

The Chit Chat Room will continue for friendly personal discussions by members, discussions about the forum itself, and other non-controversial topics that may not fit in the main forum.
    The open forum was a respite from the wave of censorship sweeping the Country. Thank you for such a place Lowell. It is too bad, as I understand it, that some here couldn't tolerate those they disagreed with directly. Another victory for censors but I do not blame the administrators for tuning out the static. Who needs it?

One thread on the Chit-Chat Room forum that is underused is the "Music-What are you listening to" thread. I'm always interested in music venues and musicians I didn't know were there.

Yea,we live in a time where even a plastic potato is considered a controversial subject.

Even if I posted the music I am listening to is “Baby it is cold outside “ or pretty much every song from the sixties and early seventies, could be construed as anti war and controversial if somebody wanted to go down that path.

Anybody that opposes the current administration or has an opposing view will be scrubbed,that comes from the top, so it is only natural it will become or has become mainstream quickly.

Next they will figure out how to profit from it,like social fines for thinking outside the prevailing directive.
    Last edited by Richard; February-28-21 at 04:07 PM.

Cool beans. Now they're gonna bring the discussion about stuff that isn't supposed to be discussed into the thread about not discussing stuff that can't be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Cool beans. Now they're gonna bring the discussion about stuff that isn't supposed to be discussed into the thread about not discussing stuff that can't be discussed.
    Right and a chosen few just might get the kabash
    Last edited by Maof; February-28-21 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yea,we live in a time where even a plastic potato is considered a controversial subject.

Even if I posted the music I am listening to is “Baby it is cold outside “ or pretty much every song from the sixties and early seventies, could be construed as anti war and controversial if somebody wanted to go down that path.

Anybody that opposes the current administration or has an opposing view will be scrubbed,that comes from the top, so it is only natural it will become or has become mainstream quickly.

Next they will figure out how to profit from it,like social fines for thinking outside the prevailing directive.
    It's the administrators decision. Give it a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    It's the administrators decision. Give it a break.
    He just can't seem to control himself. That potato reference is in regards to "Mr. Potato Head" is being renamed "Potato Head"... and most of us wouldn't have caught that, if it wasn't for the Fox News "opinion" folks mentioning it 35 times this past week [[anything "gender" related sets them off). Must have been a slow news week.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-28-21 at 06:49 PM.

And the usual suspects that like to make it personal pop right up,while blaming others,no surprise.

What part of no personal attacks is confusing?

Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Gistok but I read it on ABC,you must follow Fox News because you sure seem to know what they are covering.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mister-mr-potato-head-gender-neutral-76111309

Was this toy made in the Metro area? Were any of the news or talk segments produced in the Metro area?

No?

Well, then .....

Well then ....

Try reading the local news instead of playing spin games.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ys/6818712002/

Still cannot comprehend or show some respect for a simple little request not to make personal attacks.

It validates my other post though because some will look for any reason to create controversy,even if it does not exist,because that is all they know.
    Last edited by Richard; February-28-21 at 08:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2