Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Why are sorting machines being removed at numerous post offices? Let me guess......
    Judging by the timing, that must be part of DeJoy's plan to make the post office "more efficient."

But wait. Deautomating a post office somehow makes it more efficient?! That's obviously B.S.

Elections aside, there's a hell of a lot of business that still depends on the post office. This sabotage has potential for an enormous backlash from a broad swath of postal patrons that have nothing to do with elections.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-13-20 at 07:01 PM.

Why are sorting machines being removed at numerous post offices? Let me guess.....
    OH NO! How are the dead going to be able to vote?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    OH NO! How are the dead going to be able to vote?!?!
    Prove that there is widespread fraud with vote-by-mail. Prove it.

Meanwhile, here's today's Utter Hypocrisy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-after-railing

President Trump and first lady Melania Trump have both requested mail-in ballots for the upcoming Florida primaries despite the president's frequent criticism of mail-in ballot systems in the U.S., USA Today reported.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post

Meanwhile, here's today's Utter Hypocrisy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-after-railing
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGDuGybCRSE

There has never been evidence of absentee voter fraud. It's another make believe story, like Qnon. Trump says absentee works well in Florida and Texas, good Republican run states but not in other states. This man is ripping our country apart. Never has our electoral integrity been questioned by the President and now THREATENED by the President as he has admitted he is slowing the mail system down to slow down people's right to vote.

Gentlemen, we are reaching new lows here. Donald Trump is introducing such instability and blatant disregard for Democracy. These are the first serious steps of a dictator. This is no where near the 'great' America of the past. This is an assault on our values and mores.

President Donald Trump Postmaster Downgrading Of Political Mail Draws Scorn
    Rachel Maddow relays reports that Donald Trump's postmaster general Louis DeJoy has made downgrading political mail from first class to bulk mail part of the set of changes that are destroying the U.S. Postal Service and threatening the reliability of voting by mail in the 2020 election.

But will Mitch's Marauders do anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    DeLamur - "There has never been evidence of absentee voter fraud".

Never?

In Wisconsin's Spring election over half of all voters voted by mail in absentee ballots including myself. There were two glitches that I noticed. one was that State law required all mail in ballots to be postmarked no later than election day. Milwaukee election officials decided instead to count all ballots, with or without postmarks. This was in violation of State law. Milwaukee votes overwhelmingly democratic. Fraud might not be the right word but by breaking the law the results was the same.

The other glitch was that well over two weeks after the election, a couple of hampers full of ballots coming from or going, I don't remember which, to a Republican area of the State were discovered in a post office equipment storage room. This could have been a mistake by an absent minded employee. It could also have been fraud if an employee put them there on purpose. Either way, complications were caused possibly effecting voting results.

One recommendation I have is that mail in ballots only be counted if they arrive by election day but no later.

-----

Not very related but I voted again last Tuesday using drive in voting. Up until the day that Joe's handlers chose her, Kamala Harris was posting Facebook ads saying that she would legislate drive in voting. It was sort of reinventing the wheel and Kamala Harris knows better than to pretend that drive up voting is a federal issue.

I voted Democratic because there were no Republican contests where I vote. The best I could do was to vote for the lessor of evils Democrat. He came in next to last in a contest of seven Democrats. The winner was the most bankrolled Democrat whom I would describe as looking like a former privileged sorority type. Second place went to a mid-evil wardrobed candidate who made Rep. Omar seem mainstream and was supported by Bernie.

Mail in ballots are a mess.

Perhaps the biggest issue is you have no way of really knowing who voted. Did this person really fill out this ballot? Was it changed before we got it and counted it?

And so you have to have huge teams of people inspecting ballots and looking up signatures on file to try to guess if it was really them that voted.

This all causes suspicion of the results. We want,.. no,.. NEED to confident in the process.

Next is all the rejected ballots. I consider myself 1/2 way intelligent. I have a college degree and run businesses and such,.. yet I screwed up my ballot last week. BUT,.. because I was there in person, it got rejected right in front of me, and the election worker gal was able to get me another ballot.

And there were no safety issues whatsoever,.. it was in a gymnasium, with like 4 election workers and just me and one other voter in the entire place. No lines,.. and I could have driven a wheat combine through there and not hit anything.

In just last weeks election [[which had half turnout as compared to this coming Nov), we had over 10,600 ballots rejected in Michigan.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...higan-primary/
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-14-20 at 03:32 PM.

All of the above crap being said, I just got this text:
    Are YOU ready for November, Patriot? Let's make sure you're prepared to vote. Click HERE to request your Absent Voter Ballot: votedotgop.org/9PE1NSYic
    Interesting considering that Trump and the other right wingers are so against getting your absent voter ballot, but votedotgop.org seems to be happy about it And in fact pushing the issue. To say nothing of the fact that I am a Democrat and they sent me this

Fortunately, I don't really much care which party is in the White House. But for an old fart, which I am, I really love the concept of mail-in balloting. You youngsters can go ahead and argue with each other until the cows come home, but that's my position and it ain't gonna change. After I'm dead and buried, some Democrat can take my vote, which will happen whether I like it or not.

Whaddahell, I gotta have some fun.

I've been doing mail in for a while now, so I don't see the problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Fortunately, I don't really much care which party is in the White House. But for an old fart, which I am, I really love the concept of mail-in balloting. You youngsters can go ahead and argue with each other until the cows come home, but that's my position and it ain't gonna change. After I'm dead and buried, some Democrat can take my vote, which will happen whether I like it or not.

Whaddahell, I gotta have some fun.

This seems like a conflict of interest...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amid...ry?id=72374726

Michael Cohen Teases A Bombshell Book While
    Trump Admits He's Slowing USPS To Tilt The Election
    Former Trump fixer Michael Cohen dropped details of a new tell-all book today, which he promises will be full of things the President doesn't want you to read. That same President today openly talked about his effort to interfere with the USPS and swing the election in his favor.

USPS Inspector General Probing Trump's Post Office Boss
    NBC News confirmed that the Inspector General of the Postal Service is investigating policy changes made by Trump’s Postmaster General Louis DeJoy ahead of the November election when mail balloting is expected to surge. Aired on 8/14/2020.

Considering Maddow's video about downgrading political mail from first class status, I recall learning something from a postal employee that I hadn't known before. He said that the USPS actually has a monopoly on first class mail. Other carriers aren't allowed to offer the legal protections of first class mail.

I'm not sure what to make of that but it seems related to the story.

To do my bit, I just bought 2 sheets of stamps and a puzzle from USPS. If everyone just bought a sheet or two of stamps, it would help. Except that the Postmaster General probably will pocket the cash

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

USPS Inspector General Probing Trump's Post Office Boss
    Yeah, if he finds wrongdoing, Trump will fire him like he has everyone else when they find wrongdoing on his or his minions part

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    To do my bit, I just bought 2 sheets of stamps and a puzzle from USPS. If everyone just bought a sheet or two of stamps, it would help. Except that the Postmaster General probably will pocket the cash

I bought a book last Wednesday, jcole. I'm doing my part. The last one I bought lasted close to 3 years. I think I remember paying $8.40 for it.

I still send out Christmas cards every year, about 40 of them, so I bout 2 sheets of Classic Santa, and the Jigsaw puzzle to donate to my library.If and when we open to the public again, we like to put one on the table for people to assemble. I fear that might change with the aftermath of Covid. So maybe we'll loan them out instead....
    I bought a book last Wednesday, jcole. I'm doing my part. The last one I bought lasted close to 3 years. I think I remember paying $8.40 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I also bought some online too. Took 7 weeks to receive them

I also bought some online too. Took 7 weeks to receive them

I bought my book at a Detroit Post Office. The only kind they had left were American flags... but they had a lot of them.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-15-20 at 03:10 PM.

I buy a few rolls of flags at a time. I send out about 40 handwritten checks a month, all by mail. I also have P.O. boxes for security [[I have my CC bills and bank statements sent to them).

Also, my wife and I have a shipping account online, where we print labels and she has me drop off packages at the P.O. In April and May I think I was there 3x a week shipping masks.

Someone told me the other day stamps are $1 now? They don't say on them,.. and I've never asked the price. Wow! Weren't they 44 cents a couple years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    I buy a few rolls of flags at a time. I send out about 40 handwritten checks a month, all by mail. I also have P.O. boxes for security [[I have my CC bills and bank statements sent to them).

Also, my wife and I have a shipping account online, where we print labels and she has me drop off packages at the P.O. In April and May I think I was there 3x a week shipping masks.

Someone told me the other day stamps are $1 now? They don't say on them,.. and I've never asked the price. Wow! Weren't they 44 cents a couple years back?

The book I bought last Wednesday was $11. It's a book and not a sheet, so it fits inside my checkbook. I'm not sure how many are in there. I only have to send 1 check a month, [[last holdout) so I don't want to stock up. You could do what I do, and peel them off of other mail and use them on yours. It does say "Forever Stamp" on them...
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-15-20 at 03:26 PM.

I bought my book at a Detroit Post Office. The only kind they had left were American flags... but they had a lot of them.
    Not a chance at my local post office. Down to the bare minimum with staff. Plastic from counter to ceiling, only five allowed in with a line out the door.
    Last edited by Maof; August-15-20 at 09:03 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast