Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    "Avoid the appearance" is the phrase ...
    ... we used when I was spending tax payer money at the Federal courthouse downtown.

Pelosi Wins Big, Postmaster General Caves In Voting By Mail Scandal
    After facing pressure from protesters outside his own home and House Democrats after Speaker Pelosi called for an emergency session to protect the vote, Trump’s own postmaster general Louis Dejoy has backed down from implementing controversial changes to the handling of the mail until after the election, asserting, “we will deliver the nation’s election mail on time.” MSNBC’s Ari Melber breaks down this huge win for Pelosi, and what this means for Trump’s election chances.

DeJoy caved, but they aren't bringing back the sorting capacity from the machines he scrapped, so he has caused lasting damage to the USPS even in this short period of time that won't be repaired by Election Day.

Trump is an idiot though. If he had a single ounce of brain matter, he would have knee-capped the USPS in October when it would have been too late to do anything about it. By doing it in August, all he did was leave enough time for public outrage to force a retreat and generate even more animosity towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    DeJoy caved, but they aren't bringing back the sorting capacity from the machines he scrapped, so he has caused lasting damage to the USPS even in this short period of time that won't be repaired by Election Day....
    I heard someone [[didn't catch the name) is trying to get them to replace the machines but the key word there is "trying." I found some reports that some machines had already been scrapped and other stories saying they wouldn't be scrapped. It's a mess that was entirely avoidable.

What's most annoying is that this kind of bald-faced sabotage is becoming the norm under this administration.

These are the parasitic saboteurs in power.

Apparently some machines were to be scrapped, while the rest were to be moved to other facilities.

This work was scheduled long ago, and was to have been completed by the end of July.

Perhaps Covid stalled the work?

Then you have the outcry over mailboxes.

Between '11 and '16, the USPS removed some 12,000 of them. Another 2,000 by 2017.

So you know,.. it MUST have been a plot by Pres. Trump to foil the 2020 election.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-19-20 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Apparently some machines were to be scrapped, while the rest were to be moved to other facilities.

This work was scheduled long ago, and was to have been completed by the end of July.

Perhaps Covid stalled the work?

Between '11 and '16, the USPS removed some 12,000 of them. Another 2,000 by 2017.

So you know,.. it MUST have been a plot by Pres. Trump to foil the 2020 election.

I'll say this, the man has foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post

Weren't street mail deposit boxes removed because:

They weren't being used as much.
    Were costly to maintain and collect from.
    Were fairly easy to force open to steal mail.
    Had been/could have been used for bomb drops.

???

Hardly the same thing as massively crippling sorting capacity at a time when it's critically needed due to increased mail flow.

https://apple.news/AD1xRJUPqR2-ADJ8B7_t6Rw

Its amazing how he got obummer to collude with him!

I've received zero mail for four consecutive days now. Not even junk mail. That's never happened in my entire life.

I don't depend on USPS personally but if the scale of this "work stoppage" is truly national, it's bound to be hurting others badly. It's ironic that such things used to be caused by labor actions but in this case the sabotage is coming from the top.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-23-20 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

That was near Denver about four years ago. The culprit confessed.

“She wanted to hear a ‘loud boom.'” Arvada man admits blowing up mailbox to impress girlfriend.

I hate to admit it but I have this pet theory that we are reentering another dark age. Stupidity will soon reign supreme at the rate we're going. Where's the nearest monastery?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5