Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Michigan commissioner blames Black people [ in Detroit) for COVID-19, uses N-word

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...outputType=amp

When asked by a colleague why he wasn’t wearing a mask before the meeting on Tuesday, Leelanau County road commissioner Tom Eckerle said “well this whole thing is because of them [[racial slur) down in Detroit,"
    Last edited by 313WX; August-07-20 at 09:57 AM.

And he doubled down. But of course “I’m not a racist.” Sure. At least have the balls to admit you are.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; August-07-20 at 10:54 AM.

And he has black friends!!

It sounded even worse here: DetroitYES Forums » Non Detroit Issues » Coronavirus: Threat Beyond Politics [For Political Discussions of CoV]

If that guy keeps his job that will become a huge story!

Who's inciting people into committing career suicide like this?

The most dispiriting thing about the last four years has been the rapidly expanding number of knuckleheads who now feel free to say out in the open the shit they used to say only amongst themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    And he doubled down. But of course “I’m not a racist.” Sure. At least have the balls to admit you are.
    Indeed, he did...

Michigan GOP official refuses calls to resign while continuing to publicly use n-word

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-continuing-to

Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post
    I'm thinking he has orange friends.

Sure. The self-loathing type of black people virtue-signally to the right, if any.

Maybe he has a friend that ran for Marysville City Council?

Disgusting and a disgrace.

The hatred the city receives from these types of people is always about racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It sounded even worse here: DetroitYES Forums » Non Detroit Issues » Coronavirus: Threat Beyond Politics [For Political Discussions of CoV]

If that guy keeps his job that will become a huge story!

Who's inciting people into committing career suicide like this?
    Trump is running only a slightly less-subtle openly racist reelection campaign. And he didn't even start it, he's simply the crescendo.

The guy is basically a foot in the grave:
    https://www.woodtv.com/news/michigan...s-racial-slur/
    Thankfully it is the beginning of the end for people like him. They hit their high-water-mark with Trump but now they're literally dying off. It isn't like there aren't plenty of young racists but the universally-accepted/encouraged casual racism from white boomers is dying with them.

Plenty around for a while to make trouble and support guys like this though. He'll be fine.

Many on Twitter/social media have used this as a "racism is clearly alive and well" narrative. My perspective is that the fact this sticks out like a sore thumb and is met with a unanimous disavowal proves that racism clearly is NOT alive and well. There are severe social consequences for any racial slur, as it should be.

'I am not a racist:' Eckerle resigns after nationwide backlash over racial slur

By Patti Brandt Burgess pburgess@record-eagle.com 20 min ago

SUTTONS BAY — A Leelanau County Road Commissioner will step down after starting an uproar by using a racial slur in a public setting.

But Tom Eckerle, 75, said he's not stepping down because of community pressure in the wake of his using the n-word just before the start of the road commission's meeting Tuesday.

He is leaving his elected post, he said, because the road commission has hired a new manager, Brendan Mullane, who will start later this month. The position has been vacant since April.

"The new manager is starting and I don't want to burden him with this," said Eckerle, who spoke with the Record-Eagle on Friday.

The community reacted swiftly when the news broke that Eckerle used the n-word to describe people in Detroit, calling for him to resign at once or face a recall. Several people have started the recall process, which includes collecting at least 3,300 signatures.

https://www.record-eagle.com/news/lo...483b5e03c.html

This dumb fuck goes on radio and explains how he's not a bigot by dropping more N-bombs. I love Northern MI but it's filled with ignorant old hate-filled white guys like him---many of them transplants/retirees from down here.

https://www.interlochenpublicradio.o...-so-repeatedly

This dumb fuck goes on radio and explains how he's not a bigot by dropping more N-bombs. I love Northern MI but it's filled with ignorant old hate-filled white guys like him---many of them transplants/retirees from down here.
    Using racist generalizations about white people from Northern Michigan to argue against the use of racist generalizations about black people from Detroit?

Increasingly we're all at each others throats.

As I've said so many are becoming what they are going after.

It's pretty bad.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-08-20 at 09:15 AM.

You are quite literally committing the same exact wrongdoing of racist generalization this man committed.

Johnnny said it well.
    Using racist generalizations about white people from Northern Michigan to argue against the use of racist generalizations about black people from Detroit?

Notice how if you are white with black friends you are automatically considered racist.

No, if you are white and you have to SAY you have "Black friends" or "A Black friend" or you "know Black people" because you keep saying "All People Matter" or you make racist comment,you might be a racist...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Notice how if you are white with black friends you are automatically considered racist.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Trump is running only a slightly less-subtle openly racist reelection campaign. And he didn't even start it, he's simply the crescendo.
    Calling someone racist today is meaningless. Its just an insult. Trump's racist? Maybe because he supports Black cops over white rioters? Is that really racist?

But this guy -- I think you found an appropriate target. Bully for you, you anti-racist.

The most dispiriting thing about the last four years has been the rapidly expanding number of knuckleheads who now feel free to say out in the open the shit they used to say only amongst themselves.
    Well, you know who to thank for that. Mr Divisive and Division.

There is still racism on both sides. Mrs. Alum hates white people - If she ever finds out I'm white, I'm done for!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Calling someone racist today is meaningless. Its just an insult. Trump's racist? Maybe because he supports Black cops over white rioters? Is that really racist?
    1) Trump was sued not once but TWICE by the federal government in the 1970's for violating the Fair Housing Act by refusing to rent apartments in his high-end properties to black applicants, even when they had the means to afford them.
    2) Trump was one of the main proponents of the racist "Birther" theory that Barack Obama was born in Kenya.
    3) He called Mexican immigrants "rapists" who were bringing "drugs and crime" into the country.
    4) Trump said that a Mexican-American judge should be disqualified from hearing a case involving him because he thought the judge's Mexican heritage could not make him impartial.
    5) He called African countries "shitholes."
    6) He said neo-Nazis were "very fine people."
    7) He suggested that the members of the "Squad", four women of color, should go "back to where they came from" if they didn't like the United States. Three of them were born in the U.S.
    8) He once tweeted FALSE statistics that black people are responsible for the majority of murders of white Americans. [[Fact: white people are responsible for the majority of white murders)
    9) He took out a full page ad in all major NYC newspapers in 1989 calling for the execution of the Central Park Five, five young black and Latino men accused of raping and murdering a white female jogger. DNA evidence and a confession from a convicted serial rapist later proved the men innocent of the crime. Despite this hard evidence of their innocence, Trump still continues to state his belief that they are guilty to this very day.
    10) Trump re-tweeted a video of his supporters yelling "WHITE POWER" and called them "great people."

Should I keep listing examples, or is that enough evidence? His father, Fred Trump, was once arrested for marching in a KKK rally in New York City in the 20's, so I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

^ that’s you creating racism where it does not exist in order to create a narrative.

How is calling African countries shitholes considered racist?

Have you ever been there,they are shithole countries that millions are fleeing everyday on anything that floats,they are so desperate to leave they hide in the landing gear of airplanes and are found dead constantly.

When was the last time you heard anybody say ,yay I am spending my two weeks vacation in Africa?

The only thing you can do there is buy black market uncut diamonds,send your 3 year old to work in the mines,buy a slave at the market,or a 12 year old virgin,you can hunt big game or for a little more money a real person.

That covers the first day of your vacation,the next day you can join a group and hit up a village while chopping up women and children in the name of religion.

That is the very definition of a shithole country,it exists because of supporters like you.The innocent are slaughtered on a daily basis because of supporters like you.

As far as the Mexicans,he did specify MS13,the same group that you also support,the same group that chopped up a 15 year old girl for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time and they thought she saw something.

That is on US soil.

I bet they all thank you for your continued support.

African Americans in The United States can trace their bloodlines back to the day their ancestors were brought over as slaves.

In Africa entire generational bloodlines are wiped out in minutes,ancestry dot com does not even exist over there,because very few can trace their roots back 50 years,very few live 50 years.
    Last edited by Richard; August-10-20 at 06:16 PM.

Those are the facts of what Trump has done to stoke racial hatred. Trump has pulled out all sorts of white supremacists into open view
    https://www.thebharatexpressnews.com...da-restaurant/

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    1) Trump was sued not once but TWICE by the federal government in the 1970's for violating the Fair Housing Act by refusing to rent apartments in his high-end properties to black applicants, even when they had the means to afford them.
    2) Trump was one of the main proponents of the racist "Birther" theory that Barack Obama was born in Kenya.
    3) He called Mexican immigrants "rapists" who were bringing "drugs and crime" into the country.
    4) Trump said that a Mexican-American judge should be disqualified from hearing a case involving him because he thought the judge's Mexican heritage could not make him impartial.
    5) He called African countries "shitholes."
    6) He said neo-Nazis were "very fine people."
    7) He suggested that the members of the "Squad", four women of color, should go "back to where they came from" if they didn't like the United States. Three of them were born in the U.S.
    8) He once tweeted FALSE statistics that black people are responsible for the majority of murders of white Americans. [[Fact: white people are responsible for the majority of white murders)
    9) He took out a full page ad in all major NYC newspapers in 1989 calling for the execution of the Central Park Five, five young black and Latino men accused of raping and murdering a white female jogger. DNA evidence and a confession from a convicted serial rapist later proved the men innocent of the crime. Despite this hard evidence of their innocence, Trump still continues to state his belief that they are guilty to this very day.
    10) Trump re-tweeted a video of his supporters yelling "WHITE POWER" and called them "great people."

Should I keep listing examples, or is that enough evidence? His father, Fred Trump, was once arrested for marching in a KKK rally in New York City in the 20's, so I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast