Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mark Twain had a very famous quote....

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

I think someone here [[cough Florida) needs to do some traveling...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Mark Twain had a very famous quote....

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

I think someone here [[cough Florida) needs to do some traveling...
    What's the racial makeup in your neighborhood, St. Claire Shores, Gistok? 50-50? 60-40? 70-30? Less?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us...-mi-population
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-10-20 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What's the racial makeup in your neighborhood, St. Claire Shores, Gistok? 50-50? 60-40? 70-30? Less?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us...-mi-population
    With 8000 posts to your credit, you need to ask?

^ I have no issues,I know Pelosi,Shumer, Biden etc will not be there forever,sooner or later people will wake up and vote the racist dem leaders out and break those chains of oppression.

They have been in a position of implementing change for over 40 years and just now when it comes to voting they are concerned about injustice within the African American community?

People are more worried and triggered over somebody that has been there for 3.5 years,so far,then the ones that have been doing nothing consistently for the last 40-50 years.

I guess that makes sense to some.

If they actually cared about the African Americans outside of the votes,we would never even be where we are at or have inner cities as they are.

So tell me,what have they been doing the last 50 years to eliminate racial injustice,outside of confinement in ghettos?

Scratch that no need to answer,it is painfully clear. Zero

It took Trump to eliminate minimum mandatory which effected the massive amount of incarceration within the African American community.

Where has the Dem leadership been? They could have done it years ago,but yet in order to shift the focus on their shortcomings they call Trump a racist.

He did in 1 year what their 100 years of combined high powered political positions never even attempted.

That is why racism will always exist,because there is motive to keep it alive.

It gives people the power of the vote.

I asked an African American employee one time,why do you have 12 kids and living in a two bedroom apartment.

He told me,if he keeps his wife barefoot and pregnant then she will not go anywhere.

That is the Democratic mantra,keep em poor and disenfranchised with no hope and you have a vote for life when you throw them a bone and pretend you care.

Flawed leadership is cities like Detroit and the condition they are in,one of the richest countries in the world,there is no excuse.

It shows over 50 years of caring more about votes then the voters.
    Last edited by Richard; August-10-20 at 11:43 PM.

With 8000 posts to your credit, you need to ask?
    I have no idea what your response means, [[and my guess is you don't either), but you probably live there "because of the good schools".
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-11-20 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ I have no issues,I know Pelosi,Shumer, Biden etc will not be there forever,sooner or later people will wake up and vote the racist dem leaders out and break those chains of oppression.

They have been in a position of implementing change for over 40 years and just now when it comes to voting they are concerned about injustice within the African American community?

People are more worried and triggered over somebody that has been there for 3.5 years,so far,then the ones that have been doing nothing consistently for the last 40-50 years.

I guess that makes sense to some.

If they actually cared about the African Americans outside of the votes,we would never even be where we are at or have inner cities as they are.

So tell me,what have they been doing the last 50 years to eliminate racial injustice,outside of confinement in ghettos?

Scratch that no need to answer,it is painfully clear. Zero

It took Trump to eliminate minimum mandatory which effected the massive amount of incarceration within the African American community.

Where has the Dem leadership been? They could have done it years ago,but yet in order to shift the focus on their shortcomings they call Trump a racist.

He did in 1 year what their 100 years of combined high powered political positions never even attempted.

That is why racism will always exist,because there is motive to keep it alive.

It gives people the power of the vote.

I asked an African American employee one time,why do you have 12 kids and living in a two bedroom apartment.

He told me,if he keeps his wife barefoot and pregnant then she will not go anywhere.

That is the Democratic mantra,keep em poor and disenfranchised with no hope and you have a vote for life when you throw them a bone and pretend you care.

Flawed leadership is cities like Detroit and the condition they are in,one of the richest countries in the world,there is no excuse.

It shows over 50 years of caring more about votes then the voters.
    This reads like a Charlie Kirk tweet, checkmate liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    1) ...snip...
    6) He said neo-Nazis were "very fine people." [[see below)
    ...snip...
    10) ...snip...
    So what do we accomplish when we call someone 'racist'?

We peer into their soul, and we find evil. We are better. They are bad.

The list. What's it about?

I think its about power.

All politics is about power.

Both parties want power. They'll use the tools they can in pursuit of power. They hear Trump say 'some fine people', and they hear a great sound bite. They use it. They persuade their supporters that Trump is evil and must be destroyed to save the world from racism. Putting us in power is your solution.

Its quite self-serving. Both parties do it because we let it work.

---

All this hard work to prove someone's a racist is very destructive. The right tolerates bigots to get elected. The left tolerates anarchists to get elected.

I just don't see in your list any evidence of what's going on in Trump's mind. And I don't much care what he did in 1970, or what he's doing today to stay in power. I expect it.

So what to do?

Look behind the curtain. Don't believe most claims of evil. Look at results, and decide if the results from Biden align with your goals. Or as I do, decide that DT is a megalomaniac, but on the important issues will do more for my goals than Biden/Harris/Bass/Pelosi.

--

So onto #6.... here's the full quotation. If you doubt it, Google Jack Tapper CNN 'very fine people' and see what he says. This is selective sound-bite politics. Believe at your own risk.

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same."

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

Reporter: "I do love Thomas Jefferson."

Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.
    Bolding of two full sentence text is mine. Transcript from Politifact. Totally reasonable and presidential. I've no problem voting for him. If you believe in charter schools, that we can do better for our cities than the left, that we are a better country than Antifa believe, that we need to demand more of China and Europe, and that our judicial system should be more Thomas and less Sotomayor, you should do the same.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; August-11-20 at 12:08 PM. Reason: layout of quotation

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Bolding of two full sentence text is mine. Transcript from Politifact. Totally reasonable and presidential. I've no problem voting for him. If you believe in charter schools, that we can do better for our cities than the left, that we are a better country than Antifa believe, that we need to demand more of China and Europe, and that our judicial system should be more Thomas and less Sotomayor, you should do the same.
    So the neo-Nazis are bad, but those who stood shoulder-to-shoulder WITH neo-Nazis with no issues whatsoever are "very fine people." Gotcha. I don't know about you, but if I went to a rally and there were neo-Nazis on my side of the fence, I would leave, not march with them. Maybe you have no problem standing side by side with Nazis and Klansmen, and if that's true, perhaps that says something about what you tolerate and what you believe.

I'll rephrase the point: Trump said that Neo-Nazi SYMPATHIZERS are "very fine people." That's much better! Or would you prefer the term "neo-Nazi collaborators?" How about "neo-Nazi enablers" instead? Neo-Nazi compatriots perhaps?

I notice you didn't even bother to try to dispute the other NINE examples of Trump's racism that I posted. And I have more examples if you need more, it's hardly limited to just 10.
    Last edited by aj3647; August-12-20 at 11:25 AM.

The right tolerates bigots to get elected. The left tolerates anarchists to get elected.
    Nah, Trump is bigot-in-chief.
    The right doesn't just tolerate them, they've been cultivating them since at least Lee Atwater and Willie Horton. It would be easy to go back farther.
    Trump is counting on them to get re-elected.
    Bigots outnumber anarchists at least 1000 to 1, just counting the ones who admit it.
    Besides, no one cares about anarchists. They don't vote.
    And I hope you're not suggesting Biden tolerates anarchists, or even that he's left.
    Just look what he thinks about illegal dance parties. It's amusing:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8967006.html

More importantly, it's my most sincere hope this election campaign won't center on race -- even if that's as much as Trump is able to come up with for a strategy..
    I have faith the good side will prevail if it does.
    We need to heal and improve, not continue the regression.
    Last edited by bust; August-12-20 at 04:41 PM.

So what do we accomplish when we call someone 'racist'?

We peer into their soul, and we find evil. We are better. They are bad.

The list. What's it about?

I think its about power.

All politics is about power.

Both parties want power. They'll use the tools they can in pursuit of power. They hear Trump say 'some fine people', and they hear a great sound bite. They use it. They persuade their supporters that Trump is evil and must be destroyed to save the world from racism. Putting us in power is your solution.

Its quite self-serving. Both parties do it because we let it work.

---

All this hard work to prove someone's a racist is very destructive. The right tolerates bigots to get elected. The left tolerates anarchists to get elected.

I just don't see in your list any evidence of what's going on in Trump's mind. And I don't much care what he did in 1970, or what he's doing today to stay in power. I expect it.

So what to do?

Look behind the curtain. Don't believe most claims of evil. Look at results, and decide if the results from Biden align with your goals. Or as I do, decide that DT is a megalomaniac, but on the important issues will do more for my goals than Biden/Harris/Bass/Pelosi.

--

So onto #6.... here's the full quotation. If you doubt it, Google Jack Tapper CNN 'very fine people' and see what he says. This is selective sound-bite politics. Believe at your own risk.

Save us the long winded explanation. Your a Libertarian Wesley, You have told us yourself hundreds of times on these boards.

Die hard Libertarians vote fast for any politician that will deliver Unfunded Tax Cuts. Trump delivers those in droves and in fact is promising even more if re-elected. Of course he has your vote.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; August-12-20 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Save us the long winded explanation. Your a Libertarian Wesley, You have told us yourself hundreds of times on these boards.

Die hard Libertarians vote fast for any politician that will deliver Unfunded Tax Cuts. Trump delivers those in droves and in fact is promising even more if re-elected. Of course he has your vote.

Hang in there, ABD, Biden's coming. He's promised to spend $700 bil to "bring back jobs". Harris will fulfill the promise with her corporate-prison work program. Win, win!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hang in there, ABD, Biden's coming. He's promised to spend $700 bil to "bring back jobs". Harris will fulfill the promise with her corporate-prison work program. Win, win!
    Who knows! Maybe he'll bring the MAGA hat production back from China!!

I saw a commercial the other day for "Trumpy Bear", which is a teddy bear that looks like Trump. It was so ridiculous that I thought it must surely be a joke product, but no, it's real and it is 100% legitimately marketed towards Trump supporters. And then I thought "I'll bet anything this piece of pro-Trump shit is made in China." And sure enough...

https://www.thecut.com/2018/11/is-trumpy-bear-real.html

99% of this MAGA garbage is made in China because these people are unabashed, unashamed hypocrites.

I doubt it. At a $6 a day pay scale, the prisoners will beat them on pricing. Especially with the tax payers footing the bill for food, shelter, and medical! Go blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ that’s you creating racism where it does not exist in order to create a narrative.

How is calling African countries shitholes considered racist?

Have you ever been there,they are shithole countries that millions are fleeing everyday on anything that floats,they are so desperate to leave they hide in the landing gear of airplanes and are found dead constantly.

When was the last time you heard anybody say ,yay I am spending my two weeks vacation in Africa?

The only thing you can do there is buy black market uncut diamonds,send your 3 year old to work in the mines,buy a slave at the market,or a 12 year old virgin,you can hunt big game or for a little more money a real person.

That covers the first day of your vacation,the next day you can join a group and hit up a village while chopping up women and children in the name of religion.

That is the very definition of a shithole country,it exists because of supporters like you.The innocent are slaughtered on a daily basis because of supporters like you.

As far as the Mexicans,he did specify MS13,the same group that you also support,the same group that chopped up a 15 year old girl for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time and they thought she saw something.

That is on US soil.

I bet they all thank you for your continued support.

African Americans in The United States can trace their bloodlines back to the day their ancestors were brought over as slaves.

In Africa entire generational bloodlines are wiped out in minutes,ancestry dot com does not even exist over there,because very few can trace their roots back 50 years,very few live 50 years.
    Richard, how can you be so blind and delusional ? It's uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It sounded even worse here: DetroitYES Forums » Non Detroit Issues » Coronavirus: Threat Beyond Politics [For Political Discussions of CoV]

If that guy keeps his job that will become a huge story!

Who's inciting people into committing career suicide like this?
    We in the age of Trump, he thought he could speak his mind and people would agree and be sympathetic with him. Emboldened idiots

Racism in politics is THOUGHTCRIME punishable by resignation in the United States.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2