Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
You got my attention!
Used to hang out at all the stores at Grand River and Greenfield. It was like a small city in those days.
Everything you needed was within a few blocks.
Wrigleys supermarket was just down south on Greenfield.
Kresges, Pennys, butcher shop and A & P just east on Grand River. Woolworths, Sanders and Baldonis Hardware just west on Grand River
Toss in Cunninghams, Meyers Jewelry, Hughes and Hatcher and Likers Hamburgers. What more couild you ask for?
Hung out at Wards and Kresges all the time, Federals some but not as much. I remember there being some video games, I think they might have been in the area between Wards and Kresges, can't remember for sure. They had one of those car racing games and at least one other that I can't remember. I discovered Frozen Cokes at that Kresges. We liked going downstairs in Wards and sneaking inside the the tents they had up as displays. Did all my Christmas shopping at Wards and Kresges [[well, occasionally at Northland) til I was close to driving age. Bought all my 45s from Wards record dept up on the third floor. Used to buy my shoes at Thom McCann and Flagg Brothers. Ended up working at that Winkelmans as a porter in the summer of 80 between my sophomore and junior years at U of M Dearborn. Oh yeah, Wards sold mini-bikes, I think they were in the back of the store near that rear entrance, and I was always trying to talk my parents into buying me one. Never worked.