Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I doubt the animation studio will even open. Most American cartoons including the Simpsons are animated in Korea, because surprise surprise it's cheaper!!!!! Also most of these studios are just talk and big dreams to keep us "the sheople" at bay. In a few years California will have the same tax break we have for making movies. I have my degree in Media Arts and finding work [[other than one chump who ripped me off) around here is rough. All there really is are people lookng for free help.

Quote Originally Posted by chitaku View Post
    I doubt the animation studio will even open. Most American cartoons including the Simpsons are animated in Korea, because surprise surprise it's cheaper!!!!! Also most of these studios are just talk and big dreams to keep us "the sheople" at bay. In a few years California will have the same tax break we have for making movies. I have my degree in Media Arts and finding work [[other than one chump who ripped me off) around here is rough. All there really is are people lookng for free help.
    I'm surprised that most American cartoons are animated in Korea. The average annual employment income in 2005 in Korea is $26,440 US. http://www.worldsalaries.org/korea.shtml It doesn't seem like a far cry for what you could pay someone to do the same job in Detroit. What is an acceptable salary for a computer animator in the states?

Since John Rakolta is part of the Pontiac group, call Walbridge

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Since John Rakolta is part of the Pontiac group, call Walbridge
    If John has anything to do with movies, will Terry call for a boycott if she fells they go against "family values"?

Dave to pay someone in the states to animate a cartoon would be more than double 26,000. Most guys i know that do graphics and animation have an 800-1000 dollar a day rate. For all of the training and loans that go into learning the trade, 26,000 is awful pay.

Quote Originally Posted by chitaku View Post
    Dave to pay someone in the states to animate a cartoon would be more than double 26,000. Most guys i know that do graphics and animation have an 800-1000 dollar a day rate. For all of the training and loans that go into learning the trade, 26,000 is awful pay.
    Thanks for that info Chitaku... after India gets more involved... those graphics guys will go the way of the highly paid IT professionals... and will need to be re-trained.... but as what?

Default Detroit Windsor International Film Festival

The Detroit Windsor International Film Festival takes place in the last weekend of June and will be celebrating it's third year in 2010. Check out dwiff.org for more information.