Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

^ Hah. But you can still push back. I do not accept everything on the menu of technology ala manufactured appetites.

For example I do not/ will not engage in extended texting.

The type where folks are going in, cursing, texting statements they'll later regret, hurtful comments forwarded on to others.... Text crap that can impact careers, destroy relationships -- and be used in the courts.

Nope. No thank you. I do not allow it.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-30-20 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    All it has really done is unleash the gates of hell and emboldened people.

Most people replying will say things to others that they would never dare to say to their face.
    Well on this we can agree...

Hah. And some will say things in comments they know they'd otherwise be cancelled, doxed, de-platformed, de-monetized, or be otherwise punished for.

And it all just the Trumpster-support, right-winged stuff you can be judged for either! Just try dissent on many levels in some arenas. You're DONE.

Your silence is now judged!
    LOL!
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-01-20 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah. And some will say things in comments they know they'd otherwise be cancelled, doxed, de-platformed, de-monetized, or be otherwise punished for.

And it all just the Trumpster-support, right-winged stuff you can be judged for either! Just try dissent on many levels in some arenas. You're DONE.

Your silence is now judged!
    LOL!
    Silence of the lambs.

^^^ And Manufactured Consent, but not the way Noam Chomsky meant.

I can't be certain, but it appears as if Yahoo News may have significantly increased the number of politically 'far out there' articles in the last week. I cant even imagine the level of public contempt that they would be getting in the comment section [[If it still existed).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I can't be certain, but it appears as if Yahoo News may have significantly increased the number of politically 'far out there' articles in the last week....
    I too can't be certain, but I'm smelling a similar change in YouTube.

For anyone not yet aware, your YouTube history influences future recommendations. You can delete YouTube videos from your history if you don't want to see videos like that again. Tricky: you have to mouse over the video to get the "Remove from Watch history X" to appear. This also helps avoid falsely advertised clickbait in the future.

^^^ That'd be unfortunate. Many youtube comments are helpful, complementing info given; conveying more information beyond politics upon varied subjects/ interests. Such as with technical training, instructions and education where comments may can provide additional ideas, links and options.

You can already opt out of comments for your own youtube if you desire.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-06-20 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ That'd be unfortunate. Many youtube comments are helpful,...
    I don't know about that but something definitely changed at YouTube. I just now noticed the same video appearing twice on the same page. Both had the same video ID number. There's no reason to do that deliberately so it must be a mistake.

Yea! Amateurs on parade!

YouTube has gone to crap once google took over it,it’s becoming more about what they want you to see.

They are doing the same thing cable did with television,watch a 20 second clip with 30 seconds of commercials.

Or you can order YouTube TV for $65 per month commercial free.

Greedgle.

Yea these big tech companies looking for total control and domination,they are winning with the kids who are buried in media devices all day,it’s like they are hooked on crack.

Youtube's <SKIP AD> feature isn't what it used to be... now you get two 6 second ads that you are forced to watch, or one 15 second ad you are forced to watch. And sometimes the commercials run to 5 minutes, and you are virtually force to use the <SKIP AD> feature.

What they also changed was you could go to a video, and see the time bar... and see little yellow dashes where ads might be, thus skipping viewing videos with a bazillion of those. Now they no longer have any indicator as to how many ads are in any video.

Nothing worse than watching a relaxation YOUTUBE video with loud ads interspersed between the calm music.... grrrrr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2