Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Unfortunately, this is probably just the start of it. Once the savings, credit lines and PPP loans [[And hope) run out is when things are really going to get bad. If this pandemic stretches through the end of the year, I don't think it's out of the question to see 50% of the independent restaurants close their doors. Then we'll not only be dealing with the loss of businesses and jobs, but the fall out of having so much vacant storefront space available all at once. Restaurants and retail spaces often overlap, and brick & mortar retailers are getting pummeled almost as badly.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-23-20 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Unfortunately, this is probably just the start of it. Once the savings, credit lines and PPP loans [[And hope) run out is when things are really going to get bad. If this pandemic stretches through the end of the year, I don't think it's out of the question to see 50% of the independent restaurants close their doors. Then we'll not only be dealing with the loss of businesses and jobs, but the fall out of having so much vacant storefront space available all at once. Restaurants and retail spaces often overlap, and brick & mortar retailers are getting pummeled almost as badly.
    It goes deeper then that,I have been contacted by 3 national chains for liquidation in the past week,and that is just little me.

I have a customer that has eateries in airports and large office complex’s and shopping malls he had over 800 employees and is starting over with just him and his wife.

There was a massive glut of taco shops and craft breweries one every corner,so a lot of it is a sort of a correction.

The craft brewery’s were okay because they were making hand sanitizer but now the state shut them all down,unless they meet the 50% food sales guidelines.

The restaurants that have re-opened are hanging in there barely with a limited capacity of 50%,but will never survive another shut down.

Its another transfer of wealth from the small business to the major corporations who can hang in there,

When it boils down to losing everything one has worked for all their life,a 10% death rate has little value.
    Last edited by Richard; July-24-20 at 08:07 AM.