Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2020 Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Looks like the Tigers are finally calling up the kids.

The Detroit Tigers called up three of their top six prospects Monday: right-handed pitcher Casey Mize, left-handed pitcher Tarik Skubal and infielder Isaac Paredes. Paredes started on a positive beat with a two-out two-rbi single.

Meanwhile on the free agent bust front C.J. Cron, who lasted just 13 games before a season-ending injury, joins the Tiger's list of broken down free agents. Meanwhile free agent Ivan Nova is on the IL.

Hopefully the young arms can improve on the abysmal starting pitching, Boyd 9.64 ERA [[entering Monday), Nova 8.53 ERA, and Fulmer 7.56 ERA.
    Have to disagree with you on C.J.Cron. He was kinda clutch and off to a good start before he got hurt. Schoop is having a pretty good year as well. Isaac Paredes looks like a find. He has pretty good power, and plate discipline for a rookie. The guy I'm disappointed with is Cabrera. His power is gone, and he looks done. Can't turn on the FB anymore, and he still looks overweight batting less than he weighs.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; August-28-20 at 10:34 AM.

I know Miggy isn't Miggy, I know Boyd isn't Boyd, I know Comerica Park still sucks but this season has been fun so far. All it takes is the Tigers being in it and being relevant. Their not setting the world on fire playing 500 ball, but I'm enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I know Miggy isn't Miggy, I know Boyd isn't Boyd, I know Comerica Park still sucks but this season has been fun so far. All it takes is the Tigers being in it and being relevant. Their not setting the world on fire playing 500 ball, but I'm enjoying it.
    Oh I agree. They are fun to watch, and are playing above expectations. Nobody thought a rebuilding team would be in the playoff hunt.

Why does the media still push the useless narrative of "just making the playoffs" when in the last 3-days they have lost 19-0, 12-2, & 14-0 by 3 different teams & carry a losing percentage of just .444?

And enough excuses for Fulmer, especially when they had the opportunity to trade while healthy.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; September-13-20 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Why does the media still push the useless narrative of "just making the playoffs" when in the last 3-days they have lost 19-0, 12-2, & 14-0 by 3 different teams & carry a losing percentage of just .444?

And enough excuses for Fulmer, especially when they had the opportunity to trade while healthy.
    They cannot give Fulmer another start. It's embarrassing. In the News he said, "The pitches were there tonight and my command was as good as it's been all season." If "by there" he means right down the middle then yes, and the command was as good as it's been all season. That's the problem.
    Last edited by 401don; September-13-20 at 10:49 AM.

GHETTO ALERT!!!

What a surprise!! Former Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire RETIRED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    GHETTO ALERT!!!

What a surprise!! Former Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire RETIRED!!!
    Don't know what your usual "ghetto" comment has to do with this but actually it was very surprising he decided he couldn't finish the season. Let's just wish him the best and hope the health issues are not as serious as they appear.
    Last edited by 401don; September-20-20 at 07:14 AM.

Gardenhire did a lot to advance this rebuild. The difference between this year and last is extraordinary. I do hope that once we turn the corner and get back to winning, that Gardenhire will receive proper credit for advancing things.

If you don't have your health, you don't have anything.
    Get well soon, Ron.

Even "Gordy" could not stomach all of the losing. . . . .sad, but true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2