Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I have friends and relatives in Germany, UK and Italy that would differ from your assessment. Maybe your being next door makes us more negatively newsworthy.

And I meant more being the defenders of freedom elsewhere... although even that has caveats.

I'm sure when they were on our friends and family military welfare plan, Giz, they were happy as pigs in a blanket. When they were asked to pay their fair share, well, then not so much. I think US taxpayers are tired of burdening the expense of providing moral compasses for those that refuse to get their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Would be a disaster for Cass tech.

I think the most important thing we can do is cancel the Democratic Party, also known as the party of slavery, the party of segregation, of Jim Crow etc.

The DNC history makes the worst of these statue people seem like Mr. Rodgers.
    We did cancel that Democratic Party...
    They became the Republican Party, look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    And using yours we'd be tearing down half the statues in the country, renaming several states, thousands of cities and even more roads and buildings. And who's to say that the next flavor of the day protesters wouldn't be offended by those with which we replaced them?
    Using my WHAT? Where have I advocated for ANY of that? Show me the post where I said any of that. Can you? Go ahead, link to one of my previous posts where I said we should rename streets and cities and states, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    We did cancel that Democratic Party...
    They became the Republican Party, look it up.
    Um, nope. There is no truth to that silly wive's tale.

One Senator switched parties, and perhaps 2 Congreessmen.

The idea that the two parties met in secret or some such, and the Repubs, who's party was started to end slavery agreed to hate blacks,.. and the Dems who have always hated blacks and held slaves decided to suddenly fight for their rights is patently ridiculous.

But that's the lie the Dems will try to indoctrinate everyone with,.. to keep the people they hate voting FOR them instead of against them.

There is zero evidence for this myth.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    -Columbus gets a statue because he helped usher in the development of the Western hemisphere, even if he wasn't a model territorial governor.
    That's some bullsh*t historical revisionism right there. Not a "model territorial governor?" Columbus enslaved thousands of native peoples. He committed outright genocide. He tortured and mutilated people as a form of punishment. He had people's body parts chopped off for stealing food. He was, by any definition of the word, evil. He was a monster, even by the lax moral standards of the day. He was such a heinous ghoul of a person that the King and Queen of Spain eventually recalled him as Governor and even put him in jail for a time.

The fact that you not only gloss over that as him being "not a model governor", but then have the audacity to somehow equate it to Martin Luther King Jr cheating on his wife, says all I need to know about you. How do MLK Jr's moral failings compare in any way to mass murder, slavery, torture, and genocide?

And I won't even get into your Joe Louis comparison because it will cause me to use words that will get me banned. Suffice to say, the word that best describes you rhymes with "saycist."

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm sure when they were on our friends and family military welfare plan, Giz, they were happy as pigs in a blanket. When they were asked to pay their fair share, well, then not so much. I think US taxpayers are tired of burdening the expense of providing moral compasses for those that refuse to get their own.
    Geeze what got you in such a foul snarky mood after all these years of being diplomatic Honky Tonk? Is it being part of the Trump cult not liking any dissent?

Think of the trillions that we spend on defense because our prez's bromance buddy's Putin and Xi still like to do land grabs and antagonize us with buzzing too close to our navy and air force? When's the last time our Nato allies pulled one of those pranks?

I do agree that Nato should pay its' fair share... but that has little to do with my comments about Europeans still being our friends, in spite of the freak show in the White House.
    Last edited by Gistok; July-07-20 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Geeze what got you in such a foul snarky mood after all these years of being diplomatic Honky Tonk? Is it being part of the Trump cult not liking any dissent?

Think of the trillions that we spend on defense because our prez's bromance buddy's Putin and Xi still like to do land grabs and antagonize us with buzzing too close to our navy and air force? When's the last time our Nato allies pulled one of those pranks?

I do agree that Nato should pay its' fair share... but that has little to do with my comments about Europeans still being our friends, in spite of the freak show in the White House.

How much did Obama spend escalating the war in Afghanistan, under the guise of defending Syria against "Isil"? How much more did it cost US taxpayers taking in and housing refugees from that debacle? Not a whole lot of opposition back then when he showing Putin how it was done. When Trump brought up imbalances in war and trade spending, our friends felt slighted. When you're buying at the bar, everyone is your friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2