Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

That list of stores and businesses in MINN looted and burned needs to be posted stand alone. So many resources, retail merchandise, drug, grocery stores, etc., services and employment venues destroyed:

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...paul#section_6
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-02-20 at 07:25 PM.

The amount of justification in regards to the looting is appalling.

100s of video proves that it is not Antifa,people destroying and looting their own neighborhoods and the mayors blaming it on outsiders.

Then you see on social media where it does not matter and is okay because people are hurting and the businesses have insurance.

No insurance company covers civil discourse,if your business is looted and burned you will pay out of pocket.

People complain about women and minority businesses then destroy them so they cannot exist.

Who can rebuild? Corporations so they just wiped out the opportunity that they are protesting for.

I was to young during the 68-69 riots where cities were burned and looted,was it also Antifa and outsiders back then?

All of that fighting for years to eliminate the food deserts in the inner cities and all of that fighting laid to waste for nothing,then it becomes racist and oppression because nobody wants to rebuild or can afford the risk.

One video the guy was pointing to a large assisted living facility,then he points to another multi story elderly and disabled housing complex.

Then he makes the comment,see no damage to those buildings because we take care of our people and protect them,that’s who we are.

Then he pans around to the destruction of the supermarket,the pharmacy,the clothing stores,the post office and everything else those people with no transportation and within walking distance no longer have to survive.

The supermarket was feeding 1000 per week at no charge for those who could not afford it during the virus lockdown,burned to the ground in thanks.
    Last edited by Richard; June-02-20 at 07:31 PM.

I was a young child back during 68-69 riots kept inside, but I remember smelling the smoke and sensing my parents fear. This is made worse with the ANTIFA quotient, and no, I do not support the rationale of looting... many of those stores and shops will never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...I was to young during the 68-69 riots where cities were burned and looted, was it also Antifa and outsiders back then?

Those nights in Minneapolis and other places were 911 dead zones,the interviews with those hiding in fear and even worse knowing if something happened there would be nobody to call for help,all the elderly all alone in fear is beyond sad.

In Minneapolis a store owner shot a looter and was arrested,they removed the ability to protect yourself and forced people to cower in fear in their homes,what did they do to anybody to deserve that after living a lifetime.

Reduced to cowering like an animal.

Thats the one thing I like about Fl,looters get shot dead,nobody cowers in fear of the thugs.

Now if only the mosquitoes would get bigger and slower so they become easy targets,it would be all that nicer.

Oddly enough I find myself agreeing with the BPP arming up and protecting their neighborhoods,until they choose to only protect their neighborhoods from the police instead of their fellow thugs who are terrorizing the family’s.

Watch the stock market,its not effected like it was during the Hong Kong unrest.

Why ? Because while they show publicly traded companies being burnt and looted it will not effect their bottom line.

They like it when the mom n pops get wiped out because it increases sales for them,so all people are really doing is participating in transferring the wealth to the corporations even more.

For those claiming the forces gassed the protesters so Trump could hold a conference holding the Bible.

Look closely.

Sense when do the police disperse gas while not wearing gas masks themselves.

It was smoke,but once again do not let actual facts ruin a good narrative.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/02/media-falsely-claimed-violent-riots-were-peaceful-and-that-tear-gas-was-used-against-rioters/
    Last edited by Richard; June-02-20 at 10:07 PM.

The Prime Minister of Australia has called for an investigation after an Australian news crew was attacked by police during Monday's Stormtrooper march through Lafayette Square.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...lice-attack-on

Remember that video I mentioned earlier of the guy holding the camera getting punched in the face and hit with a riot shield? Well he was Australian Press.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Tuesday called for an investigation into an alleged police attack on an Australian news crew outside of the White House during protests over the death of George Floyd.Morrison described the incident as “troubling” and called for the Australian Embassy to investigate, according to The Canberra Times.
    He spoke with Network Seven to check on the welfare of its news crew and offered his support should they wish to file a formal complaint against the police, the newspaper noted.
    So that's nice. Lot's of good stuff happening so Trump could get that photo op.

It was sort of outside influence back in '67. The Black Panthers were around and pushing the civil unrest that was already brewing. Detroit didn't happen in a bubble; there were other insurrections across the country that summer: Boston, Cinci, Tampa, Toledo, Buffalo and Milwaukee. By far the worst were Detroit and Trenton, NJ. You also had Watts in 65 and Chicago in 66.

I was to young during the 68-69 riots where cities were burned and looted,was it also Antifa and outsiders back then?
    Last edited by jcole; June-03-20 at 08:24 AM.

People can push the lies and fake narratives all they want,we are a country of video evidence.

Watch the videos and see how many in the press corps feel they are exempt.

Police say,clear the streets or move to the sidewalk and it becomes,I am the press I do not have to.

Just like the false narrative they pushed with the tear gas and rubber bullets at the White House that so many had no problem spreading fake reports.

You put yourself out there,things are going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It was sort of outside influence back in '67. The Black Panthers were around and pushing the civil unrest that was already brewing. Detroit didn't happen in a bubble; there were other insurrections across the country that summer: Boston, Cinci, Tampa, Toledo, Buffalo and Milwaukee. By far the worst were Detroit and Trenton, NJ. You also had Watts in 65 and Chicago in 66.
    I do not know if the black panthers,outside of the militant arm was actually a good part of the community.

They used to assign watchers to the police,when ever there was a police encounter in the neighborhood they would stand their and watch the police and make sure it was handled appropriately.

They messed up when they blew the two cops up with a suitcase bomb,which brought the wrath of the FBI.

Interesting enough they got the weapons and training on how to use them from an Asian radical,that was an X marine who also was allegedly giving information to the FBI at the same time.

They were also the first to march with weapons displayed,mostly unloaded shotguns,but even back then it was regarded as their right.

The thing is nothing has changed in the last 50 years,they want systematic change but keep voting in the same system that keeps them oppressed.

It makes zero sense.

I agree there is a element of racism involved but I also feel it starts and festers within the community.

Before they slammed the freeways through the black communities there was viable and productive African American communities that did act like a village and not that I was there but it seems like it was a better situation of sorts.

1960 70% of all African American families were together,by 1963 it was down to 30% because a Democrat president made the decision that no men could be in the living quarter's of African American women seeking government housing.

That one decision destroyed the family nucleus.

For once we agree, about the freeways and the Panthers. They did a lot of good in their communities and others. They fed hungry children, educated and cared for them. According to my dad, who was very involved in '67 "riot", there were Panthers in town stirring things up before the riots and they were making the rounds of other cities. I can't vouch for it because I just wouldn't know, but I take his word for it. He didn't say Panthers, but I remember him talking about Huey Newton and Bobby Seale
    What Detroit and other cities did to the neighborhoods of the Black community was a sin. All in the name of Urban Renewal, they robbed people of their homes, livelihoods, churches and schools. They tore away a heritage that was just being built. They robbed the white communities of a source of understanding Black culture. It wasn't just Detroit; I know that Denver did the same thing. Expressways just weren't worth what happened.
    I do not know if the black panthers,outside of the militant arm was actually a good part of the community.

They used to assign watchers to the police,when ever there was a police encounter in the neighborhood they would stand their and watch the police and make sure it was handled appropriately.

They messed up when they blew the two cops up with a suitcase bomb,which brought the wrath of the FBI.

Interesting enough they got the weapons and training on how to use them from an Asian radical,that was an X marine who also was allegedly giving information to the FBI at the same time.

They were also the first to march with weapons displayed,mostly unloaded shotguns,but even back then it was regarded as their right.

The thing is nothing has changed in the last 50 years,they want systematic change but keep voting in the same system that keeps them oppressed.

It makes zero sense.

I agree there is a element of racism involved but I also feel it starts and festers within the community.

Before they slammed the freeways through the black communities there was viable and productive African American communities that did act like a village and not that I was there but it seems like it was a better situation of sorts.

1960 70% of all African American families were together,by 1963 it was down to 30% because a Democrat president made the decision that no men could be in the living quarter's of African American women seeking government housing.

That one decision destroyed the family nucleus.
    Last edited by jcole; June-03-20 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That list of stores and businesses in MINN looted and burned needs to be posted stand alone. So many resources, retail merchandise, drug, grocery stores, etc., services and employment venues destroyed:

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...paul#section_6
    Zacha, I found a better list of damaged and destroyed Twin Cities businesses alphabetized and with maps.
    "more than 360 businesses across the Twin Cities had been vandalized, looted or had doors and windows smashed. Some have been reduced to rubble, and at least 66 have been destroyed completely by fire. Others have reported extensive water damage or severe fire damage."

"Stand alone" is something I don't do so well.

I've shopped at a couple of the Targets, Walgreens and a Cub Foods on the list when visiting the Twin Cities. Someone I know misses the St. Paul Ax-man store where he bought things for kids' school projects. It was a good place to otherwise browse because all sorts of odd things popped up there. It is gone now. The map shows linear clusters of destruction. Those neighborhoods won't get all those businesses particularly the smaller businesses back. However, Target announced that it would refurbish at least one store.Why would anyone mess up a day care center, Hop Fong's or Tom's Barber Shop?

The fellow I just mentioned who went to Ax-man was on his way to protest at a rally when he heard that a tanker semi had barreled through a crowd on the expressway. A follow up on that. As it turned out, the driver of the semi did not go through the crowd but came to a stop after veering around one person who sat on the concrete with a braking semi aimed at him/her. His coming to a stop was rewarded with being dragged out of his truck and beaten. However, today there was a follow up of his last customer sticking his neck out and saying kind things about the trucker. This gas station owner was part of the healing.
    Last edited by oladub; June-03-20 at 09:42 AM.

Charges upgraded to 2nd degree murder. Three other officers charged with aiding and abetting.......https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/ge...ges/index.html

^ its pandering,they can level all the charges they want,there still is a burden of proof with LEO authorized to use force.

The conflicting COD adds to the defense because it casts doubt right from the start.

To me anyways the family should have never jumped so fast for a family hired autopsy,it adds bias when they probably could have requested multiple autopsy’s from independent sources.
    Last edited by Richard; June-03-20 at 04:00 PM.

Police say,clear the streets or move to the sidewalk and it becomes,I am the press I do not have to.
    Being a member of the press used to mean just that. They were often 'inside' stories as they unfolded, crime scenes, fire lines, and so on. The Press used to be a friend of the police.

Yes I agree they USED to be,now the press is nothing more then a lynching mob.

The greats are long gone,a 6 year old with a laptop can be a reporter.

Actually in one county they do have a news broadcast hosted by children,they have more credibility then the adults.

The AP used to be the gold standard now somebody prints fake news or misleading news it get repeated by every agency out there with zero fact checking.

Obama was known as having his own personal war on the press and had more arrested then any other president in history.

Nobody had a problem with that one.

This is what happens to the youngsters when they mess with the boomers

https://mobile.twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/1268271560164618245
    Last edited by Richard; June-03-20 at 06:16 PM.

General James Mattis, Trump's former Secretary of Defense, has penned an open letter in which he denounces Trump in the strongest terms.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.
    He does not mince words there. I eagerly await the response from the Trump Brigade, most of whom have never worn a uniform, impinging the honor, integrity, and military service of General Mattis in defense of a five-time draft-dodging coward.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    General James Mattis, Trump's former Secretary of Defense, has penned an open letter in which he denounces Trump in the strongest terms.

He does not mince words there. I eagerly await the response from the Trump Brigade, most of whom have never worn a uniform, impinging the honor, integrity, and military service of General Mattis in defense of a five-time draft-dodging coward.
    Would this be the same respect and honor shown to General Flynn?

Trump disses a lot of people.

I always thought Obama was divisive. In fact, polls showed racial relations to have deteriorated during Obama's eight years in office. Up until the pandemic, black income and job gains improved dramatically under Trump. They went down relative to those of whites during Obama's tenure as did black home ownership rates and black wealth. However, given your more globalist perspective, perhaps you meant that Trump has been less accommodating to illegal aliens here taking American jobs. I would agree with that. Trump has made it more difficult to find cheaper illegal labor which is one of the reasons black employment rates and blue collar Americans' wages went up.

Trump was not a draft dodger by the way, at least not more so than Obama or Bill Clinton. None of them volunteered to serve in the military. Trump had a legal medical deferment although he had the option of signing a waiver to over ride that deferment to volunteer. Calling Trump a draft dodger is like calling you or I a tax cheat for taking a legal income tax deduction. Trump didn't volunteer but then neither did Bill Clinton, Obama, or Hillary Clinton. But then, the Democratic Party has promoted the draft since at least Woodrow Wilson. Being forced to serve involuntarily is, in English, 'involuntary servitude'. President Obama and many Democrats, instead of opposing involuntary servitude, have proposed extending President Carter's draft registration to women so that the next time we get into an unpopular war, our daughters can also be requisitioned by the government.
    Last edited by oladub; June-04-20 at 10:08 AM.

What's most important is that we take a career criminal and drug addict, busy committing a felony while high on Fentanyl and Meth Amphetamine, and turn him into a hero for the black community.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Would this be the same respect and honor shown to General Flynn?
    Is James Mattis a convicted felon? No? Then perhaps that's not an apt comparison now is it? Call me when James Mattis voluntarily pleads guilty to a felony charge.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Trump was not a draft dodger by the way, at least not more so than Obama or Bill Clinton.
    Was there a military draft in effect when Obama turned 18 in August of 1979? Was there a war going on?

Anyways, care to offer your thoughts on James Mattis' words or does your programming mandate that you deflect everything by trying to steer the conversation to Obama and Hillary every single time?
    Last edited by aj3647; June-04-20 at 10:10 AM.

Anyways it seems the Stormtrooper March through Lafayette Square on Monday, so that Trump could get his 30-second photo op, was the breaking point for many.

Aside from Jim Mattis, four-star Marine General John Allen [[former commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan and a former commander of the U.S. fight against ISIS) ripped Trump to shreds in an editorial in Foreign Policy, citing the events on Monday in Lafayette Square and calling it "awful for the United States and its democracy."

Brett McGurk, Trump's former Global Lead Envoy against ISIS, also has gone hard after Trump and Esper on Twitter for the unprovoked attack on protesters on Monday.

If a foreign leader ordered an assault like this on peaceful demonstrators and journalists so the leader could go for a walk the US would express grave concern. Law and order? Opposite of both. It's unAmerican.
    Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen:

It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church. I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent.
    This was Trump's Tienanmen Square and that's how history will remember it.

Is James Mattis a convicted felon? No? Then perhaps that's not an apt comparison now is it? Call me when James Mattis voluntarily pleads guilty to a felony charge.
    Ever hear of duress?

You've obviously been framed by some of the most powerful people in the world, any trial would be rigged,.. and you'll go bankrupt if you try to fight,, your family will loose their home, etc..... OR, take a plea and serve a short time in comfy fed prison.

What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Ever hear of duress?
    Sorry, but someone as powerful and intelligent as a general is unlikely to bow to anything but extremely strong evidence.

"Obviously been framed" please show the proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Sorry, but someone as powerful and intelligent as a general is unlikely to bow to anything but extremely strong evidence.

"Obviously been framed" please show the proof of that.

Please show proof that a general would never take a deal to save his family.

No, not hardly. That's not how trials go when you're up against the FBI. And unlike Kwame or others,.. Flynn wouldn't have had all his legal bills paid for by the government. So you end up going bankrupt trying to fight. And what if there's a mis-trial and you've spent all your money on attorneys? Well, you get to fo to trial again,.. with a public defender?

We know there was no evidence,.. the FBI even admitted so, and they had closed the initial case against Flynn [[which there was never a reason to have opened in the first place, unless it was a hit-job from).

Officials concluded there wasn't even a suspicion of wrongdoing.

But super-criminal Comey was on a mission to take down an innocent man, so he decided they might be able to trick Flynn into saying something incorrect, while not believing he was even being interviewed.

Even then,.. the FBI said later that they didn't think he lied.

This is public record.
    Last edited by Bigdd; June-04-20 at 11:13 AM.

What's most important is that we take a career criminal and drug addict, busy committing a felony while high on Fentanyl and Meth Amphetamine, and turn him into a hero for the black community.
    I guess you just don't get it. You're part of the problem........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMtoZgY2BQM

He's not a hero, he's a victim, because nothing in what you just said justifies him being summarily executed in the street. Do you disagree with that? If not, do tell us all what George Floyd did that in your reasoned opinion deserves a death penalty without due process?

And FYI, to correct your LIE, he did not commit a felony. He allegedly tried to use a counterfeit $20 to buy cigarettes. That's a misdemeanor offense under Minnesota state law:

[[4) to imprisonment for not more than one year or to payment of a fine of not more than $3,000, or both, if the counterfeited item is used to obtain or in an attempt to obtain property or services having a value of no more than $1,000, or the aggregate face value of the counterfeited item is no more than $1,000.
    I'm curious, what other non-violent misdemeanor offenses do you believe that the police should execute people for committing?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast