Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I have my guess as to where it will be but I'm not saying. I don't want to be responsible for a flashmob.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I have my guess as to where it will be but I'm not saying. I don't want to be responsible for a flashmob.
    My guess would be in the middle of Lake St. Clair... a lake about 22x22 miles in size, and therefore 11 miles from the nearest coast... therefore far enough away to prevent people from gathering along the lakefront. Yeah some boaters might venture out for a closer look... but they won't be spreading COVID-19 like a land based crowd would. Just a guess...

Yeah - boaters wouldn't mess anything up like a space capsule splashdown.

Name:  Splash.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  14.2 KB

Looking like Metro Beach tonight. It is closed starting at noon and they have been setting up something at the day sail ramp all weekend

Quote Originally Posted by pocketchange View Post
    Looking like Metro Beach tonight. It is closed starting at noon and they have been setting up something at the day sail ramp all weekend
    Yes. Saw Parade Company trucks there early this morning.
    Last edited by Maof; September-01-20 at 07:49 AM.

Yup... Metropolitan Beach Metro Park. I have a friend with a mid sized boat who already knew... and he will be on the lake with his family to watch it... with more than ample social distancing...

Well that was awesome ! Never thought I'd see that out my living room window. I'm in a 2nd floor condo facing East and a had a perfect view. I'm not sure what was more fun...watching the fireworks, or watching the reaction of my neighbors coming out of their homes that had no clue as to what was going on. The red hearts were especially cool. So were the massive smoke trails heading North. Couldn't help but think as I was watching that something during the Covid era actually swung my way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3