Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

^ give em a few moments they will think of one before August.

Probably ban convertibles,top down, somebody sneezes,the wind carries.

They banned regular boats but not row boats and now you are questioning logic?

Umm, I did not say not to go for EVERYONE. Danny is a poster here from over a decade so in a way I was talking specifically to him knowing his situation a bit. Speaking in general re. C-19 I'd still say look at what is going on, evaluate that and make your choices.

Choices will be variable. They'd have to be.

Also in case it was missed from my writings here: I NEVER agreed on the total lock-down of states. Nope. Yes, economies of varied levels need to get back online. I get that. I have an on-site job to get back to as well.

We will/ are starting to bring back events, business, etc per risk factors and locations/ hotspots. I am not from the 'don't open' crowd. I am ALSO [[and have stated so) not part of the negate the reality of C-19 to open everything up fast-without-care crowd either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    ...But it's also important to try to stop the destruction of Detroit and Detroiter's businesses. I mean, who's gonna support the poor? Provide services? Pay for roads, hospitals etc? How much more death and poverty should our governor mandate?
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-29-20 at 07:05 AM.

That's my retirement project. A 1959 Chevrolet Kingswood Wagon, frozen 348 big block with Flintstone style floor pans...
    Name:  IMG_20170511_061404011_HDR.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  73.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20170511_061729109_HDR.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  65.8 KB

Nice project

Funny how we survived as kids while riding in that third back seat looking backwards.

Finding that back side curved glass has got to be $$$ if needed.

Simple; if you are riding in a convertible in the unauthorized Dream Cruise just wear a mask or mouth covering then you dont have to worry about someone sneezing in a car nearby

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Simple; if you are riding in a convertible in the unauthorized Dream Cruise just wear a mask or mouth covering then you dont have to worry about someone sneezing in a car nearby
    Sounds like a good plan but are you sure you need that? You’re out side, with a breeze blowing and 10 gazillion lumens of sun. Is the virus going to survive all that?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Sounds like a good plan but are you sure you need that? You’re out side, with a breeze blowing and 10 gazillion lumens of sun. Is the virus going to survive all that?
    One expert view of riding in a convertible during the pandemic.
    https://www.automobilemag.com/news/t...cing-not-safe/

Also, many of the dream cruise drivers are old farts more susceptible than the rest of the population to the coronavirus. IMHO, if they haven't succumbed to the exhaust and gas fumes, they'll survive the coronavirus.

They are nuts,so if you are driving down the freeway and somebody infected sneezes out the window,do the little virus things fly through the air and splatter across your car like bugs do?

So people from now on should disinfect their entire car every time you drive.

I saw somewhere in Germany the recommended distance was 30’.

I agree though,anybody that has a classic car has many scars from loosening rusted nuts and bolts that you pack with axel grease to stop the bleeding and wrap it up with duct tape and move on.

He also pointed out that this is a problem mainly in enclosed spaces, like patient-care rooms. When you are outdoors and practicing social distancing, however, those particles get dispersed in the outside environment [[like if they're blown around by the wind, for instance). "There's no real danger from that," he noted.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/heal...irus-airborne/

Even the experts cannot agree on anything.

Last edited by Richard; May-29-20 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    They are nuts,so if you are driving down the freeway and somebody infected sneezes out the window,do the little virus things fly through the air and splatter across your car like bugs do?

So people from now on should disinfect their entire car every time you drive.

I saw somewhere in Germany the recommended distance was 30’.

I agree though,anybody that has a classic car has many scars from loosening rusted nuts and bolts that you pack with axel grease to stop the bleeding and wrap it up with duct tape and move on.

He also pointed out that this is a problem mainly in enclosed spaces, like patient-care rooms. When you are outdoors and practicing social distancing, however, those particles get dispersed in the outside environment [[like if they're blown around by the wind, for instance). "There's no real danger from that," he noted.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/heal...irus-airborne/

Even the experts cannot agree on anything.

That is some kind of cryptic message there!

^ lol,for those that do their own builds and restorations,that is a lot of blood,sweat and tears involved,ain’t no stinking virus gonna stop those moments of joy of hitting that key.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Mine is a year newer. LOL

Attachment 40274
    A 61, my favorite year of early Impala's. Sweet !! Much rarer than others.

Happy to say that I went out there last Wednesday and again Saturday. Crowds were about 75% of normal and I had a good time. Ton of nice cars as always. The heat got to me before the old car though!

2020 Dream Cruise was replaced by MAGA Trump Cruise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2