Is there anyone who might know the recipe for " Jean's Sauce Of The Islands"? It was a staple ingredient used at the Brothers Barbecue[[?) spots. I know of only two locations for this fine old business. One was on, I believe, Greenfield, and the other was downtown on E. Jefferson at St. Antoine[[?). They prepared some tasty offerings. One was the appealingly named "Boogaloo Sandwich". [[ I would also love to have -- at least 24 hours before I die -- the recipe for said sandwich.) The sauce, of which I spoke earlier, was also bottled and sold by them so that customers would be able to have it for use at home.

A final, unrelated request: has anyone any pictures of Cardinales[[?) Restaurant? Inside? Outside? Shots of the owners -- Antoinetta[[?) and Adolfo[[?) Cardinale. Anything that might bring on the stabbing pain of young life lost. Anything. I want to see it. And cry. What a place. Simply the best. The jukebox! The prurient bread sticks. The wine that Adolfo called "cold coffee" [[which he served in coffee cups). And that whole story. Oh, my. How splendidly old Detroit.