Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I'm getting a feeling that this whole thing was 90% bullshit; just a particularly nasty flu bug that hits every spring....
    According to the Baltimore classification, COVID19 is in category IV with rhinoviruses, not category V with influenza. It's explained well at about 3:30 in How are Viruses Classified?.
    From what we know so far, the COVID19 Coronavirus is far more serious than the influenza virus. It seems to spread more easily and seems to have a death rate of at least 10 times that of the seasonal flu virus.

^^^ Yep. Good points. These distinctions are why so many are dying [[or have died where we have flattening), so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Someone literally made that claim on this page of the thread.
    Whoops, my bad.

"""From what we know so far, the COVID19 Coronavirus is far more serious than the influenza virus. It seems to spread more easily and seems to have a death rate of at least 10 times that of the seasonal flu virus."""

I'm guessing they would seriously revise that if they had today's data. "If" Covid was 2.5x as transmittable as the Flu,.. AND was 10X as deadly,.. then we'd have had 1 million deaths by now.

Seems more like it is 2 x as transmittable,. and the death rate is around 1-2 x the flu.

In highly dense areas like Manhattan,. the death rate has approached 0.5% according to Gov Como,.. but in most other parts of the country it is a fraction of that.
    Last edited by Bigdd; May-04-20 at 11:33 AM.

^^^ You're forgiven ...... digital ))hugs[[[[
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-04-20 at 11:43 AM.

People were conned. Preparations were made based on bad information and hype. Businesses suffered huge losses. Civil rights were violated.

Will anyone be held accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Someone literally made that claim on this page of the thread.
    Outside of saying the flu is nothing like the corona virus,which outside of its spread rate the systems are the same along with the COD,how does one dispute the numbers,account for the 60,000 flu deaths.

Flu season ended in May,the flu did not actually say,its May time to go away.

The corona virus did not collude with the flu and say let me show you how it is done,they were both here producing the same results.

The CDC could do surprise visits on hospitals in the hardest hit locations and do autopsies and then get a generalized idea but even at that somebody that started with the flu and then picked up the virus would test different.

They can list the cities with the most flu deaths this year but they will not because they have no idea if they were actually flu related or Coronavirus,hospitals are just going to say,patient showed and passed of symptoms of the virus,with never really knowing if it was flu related.

So now you have the typical 25-60,000 flu deaths that nobody can or will verify and really no incentive to actually track.

It is not a dispute of the corona virus is more deadly then the flu,it’s a dispute of reporting and separation of the death toll.

So saying the corona virus is deadlier then the flu,so shut up about the flu,without actually showing where those deaths went,is not seeking the facts that surrounds the Coronavirus and taking the death toll at face value,or getting a true grasp on the situation.

This issue was presented to the governor of New York by a reporter,his reply was misreporting by the hospitals would be considered fraud,case closed.

In Oder to prove fraud they would have to differentiate between the COD of the corona virus verse the flu,which they cannot.

I tried doing a comparison for the City of Detroit flu deaths last year as a general guide,it appears as if the City of Detroit has its own health department and I could not find the numbers,maybe somebody else can.

So now they are predicting a second wave in the fall,the same time flu season kicks in again,how can they predict something in the future when they know so little about it now.

Its to late now for the answers but I think what they should do in the fall is reimburse hospitals from the federal level,not only corona virus related but also flu related and remove the possibility of reporting discrepancies.

But they have to provide the paperwork documentation that shows the actual cause of hospitalization and death and exactly what it was related to.
    Last edited by Richard; May-04-20 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    People were conned. Preparations were made based on bad information and hype. Businesses suffered huge losses. Civil rights were violated.

Will anyone be held accountable?
    Having been through several disasters,I believe in preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

The problem with disasters and even more so after 9-11 the powers of some become unlimited and some tend to want to hold on to them long after the threat is gone.

Some also like to test how far they can push them in the process also.

Nobody really ends up being held accountable,a political football of blame ensues afterwards and over time the dust settles and people move on with getting back to their daily lives,only the taste of that unlimited power remains in the background that will not be let go.

Money,power and politics never goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    One more thing - I'm sick and tired of hearing how celebrities are dealing with the virus. Must be really tough in that Malibu beach house. Thank you Ricky Gervais for speaking out.
    As much as I think some of the stories on regular people are somewhat over-hyped, the ones about the "courage" of some Hollywood star are revolting.
    I appreciate the way Tom Hanks and his wife dealt with it - we had it, we've recovered and now we're moving on. End of story.
    I got a real laugh out of Chris Coumo who made a huge production when he supposedly came up out of his basement for supposedly the first time. But he had been busted for not socially distancing outside on his deck by a cyclist beforehand.

Now he’s got some terrible haircut that his wife SUPPOSEDLY gave him because he couldn’t get a regular haircut. I think that guy is completely full of shit.

Cases are dropping faster in Detroit than basically anywhere else right now. They'll likely never use those emergency beds to any significant amount but I'm glad they prepared. Metro Detroit hospitals never reached a point of being overwhelmed.

It must be weird for the few being treated there, being in a huge room full of empty beds.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Cases are dropping faster in Detroit than basically anywhere else right now. They'll likely never use those emergency beds to any significant amount but I'm glad they prepared. Metro Detroit hospitals never reached a point of being overwhelmed.

It must be weird for the few being treated there, being in a huge room full of empty beds.
    If what I saw this weekend [[1 hour lines at Lowes, Belle Isle filled to capacity, parks full of picnickers) is any indication, we will fill those hospitals back up pretty soon.

The food lines in Texas extend over 3 miles long,the lady on the TV said the Detroit food bank has seen a 400% increase in the food bank demand of all income levels.

California has housed over 160,000 homeless in hotels and providing meals etc.

A long term lock down has severe mental consequences for some,and the response is go outside and you die?

If you have a family with children,no money,no food,how far are you really willing to go in order to keep them from starving?

There are millions out there pushed to the breaking point,mentally and financially and the response is go outside and you will die.

Dr. Scott Jensen says the American Medical Association is now “encouraging” doctors to overcount coronavirus deaths across the country.
    Jensen received a 7-page document that showed him how to fill out a death certificate as a “COVID-19 diagnosis” even when there isn’t a lab test confirming the diagnosis.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glo...us/5709720/amp
    Last edited by Richard; May-04-20 at 02:20 PM.

Was Belle Isle filled to capacity? I'm not asking to be difficult or a as trick question. I did not watch local news this weekend to hear or see that. I erred on caution, taking quiet walks in my area, sitting on porch....

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    If what I saw this weekend [[1 hour lines at Lowes, Belle Isle filled to capacity, parks full of picnickers) is any indication, we will fill those hospitals back up pretty soon.

One thing the politicians are up against is the deaths they'll get blamed for if they lift.

The deaths from people not getting treatment for other things, those that get sick from having a compromised immune systems thanks to the confinement,... and the deaths from suicide are all harder to pin down than Covid deaths.

The only thing pushing them to lift is the crippled state tax revenues.

So it's critical the feds NOT offer to send states money. [[At least not until long after the crisis has ended), or else it will act as an incentive to keep us locked-down 'till Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Was Belle Isle filled to capacity? I'm not asking to be difficult or a as trick question. I did not watch local news this weekend to hear or see that. I erred on caution, taking quiet walks in my area, sitting on porch....
    Belle Isle and Metro Beach were both shut down but reopened later in the day. Same with Stoney Creek a few days ago.

^^^ Yikes! Had I gone it would've been early with less crowds.

I've been trying to make sure to get fresh air and take walks seeing that my body was getting a bit week from initial inactivity. Had to start a home exercise regimen and work hard at it [[charting time etc.).

Including indoor peddling to raise metabolism. A strong immune system only gets harder to maintain once your over 35 I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    One thing the politicians are up against is the deaths they'll get blamed for if they lift.

The deaths from people not getting treatment for other things, those that get sick from having a compromised immune systems thanks to the confinement...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Dr. Scott Jensen says the American Medical Association is now “encouraging” doctors to overcount coronavirus deaths across the country.
    Jensen received a 7-page document that showed him how to fill out a death certificate as a “COVID-19 diagnosis” even when there isn’t a lab test confirming the diagnosis.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glo...us/5709720/amp
    Which is fraud that should be aggressively prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Metro Detroit hospitals never reached a point of being overwhelmed.
    They didn't get overwhelmed, but we may learn in the coming months that they came close to it.

We may also end up testing the limits of hospital capacity again with this, since the spread of infections is likely to rebound. The Trump Admin has revised their own expectation of total deaths to be more than twice what they were predicting just two weeks ago.

^^^Yep, this is not quite over. Nope.

I've been trying to make sure to get fresh air and take walks seeing that my body was getting a bit week from initial inactivity. Had to start a home exercise regimen and work hard at it [[charting time etc.).

Including indoor peddling to raise metabolism. A strong immune system only gets harder to maintain once your over 35 I've heard.
    Its probably better to work on it now at 25 then to wait until 35,I was 50 when my body started questioning what the hell I was doing thinking I was still 20.

I saw a meme the other day showing the art from the renaissance period where it was common to paint naked people laying on the sofas,referring it to as a result of the stay at home during the Black Death plague of the time.

I guess the times created inspirational memories for the artist crowd.

^^^ I've been at it for decades, even while smoking ciggs. Taking nutrients and the like... as a supplement to the low quality of most foods now.

For sure being skinny was not in fashion those days. Meat on ones bones meant you were not un-healthy ala dying of some wasting disease!

Once we get more ventilators these temporary hospitals will be what can enabled us to withstand more COVID simultaneous hospitalizations. That will allow us to keep the economy open longer should COVID make a resurgence.

To all the deniers: You're flat out wrong. I know too many first responders and people in the medical field. This is real. Accept facts. No matter how many times you try to deny the problem, it exists.

Drove down about 3:30 - 4:00 on Sunday, no wait to get on the bridge at that time. It was quite busy, as was East Jefferson all the way from downtown to the Blvd.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Once we get more ventilators these temporary hospitals will be what can enabled us to withstand more COVID simultaneous hospitalizations. That will allow us to keep the economy open longer should COVID make a resurgence.

To all the deniers: You're flat out wrong. I know too many first responders and people in the medical field. This is real. Accept facts. No matter how many times you try to deny the problem, it exists.
    The original outcry demand for ventilators was based on projections that were not achieved,NY had thousands in reserve that they were saving for when it got bad.So they never really thought it got bad.

The outcry at the beginning was because they did not want to use that reserve,kinda like buying a pack of cigarettes but bumming from everybody else so you never really run out.

Also there were only 2 hospitals short on ventilators,the two city run ones,once the governor did an order he removed the ventilators from the private for pay hospitals there were plenty.

Many states also sent hundreds of ventilators to other states that needed them,if somebody has a shortage of ventilators it is because they are not looking.

There was never a shortage of ventilators,there was a perceived demand based on projections that did not evolve that had it did evolve then there would have been a shortage.

To ask for factual numbers related to the corona virus is not denial or saying we do believe it exists.

Do you believe it is wrong to want to know exactly where we stand 100% with this or is it okay to shut down the world based on what we think may happen or what we think might be happening?

As horrible as it sounds but in the scope of the country and its 325 million citizens,what is the ratio of lives are you ready to sacrifice in order to save others?

Somebody has to make that decision and it has to be accepted by the citizens,the citizens should demand to know the facts on the real numbers,in order to make that decision.

Restricting the movement of an entire state in the interests of the common good is the easy decision,some of the other decisions made in the interests of the common good are harder to make,you do not get to pick the easy ones,the hard decisions come with the job.
    Last edited by Richard; May-05-20 at 09:03 AM.

Yep. I too know a few folks in the medical business. One a nurse. Your perspective expands once you hear from those beyond 'arms-length', in the trenches. They really know -- at the blood on the shoes level.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post

Last edited by Zacha341; May-05-20 at 12:46 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast