Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    With no fans in the stands, how come I heard a huge crowd cheering all during the game? Askin' for a friend, of course.
    It's pumped in. Sometimes I've heard it's through the stadium speakers, other times I've heard it's through the TV network. So, not sure where it originates, but either way, it's artificial noise. I did notice that the noises yesterday seemed to be a bit more lined up to the game action.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    About stinking time. Those Same ole Lions got a hard win over the unbeaten Cardinals.

Lions 26
    Cardinals 23

Thank you field goal kicker!

Three down 13 to go.

1-2
    Prater is the one part of the lions I like. That guy is ones of the greatest. It's still the SOL though. They do this every year. Reel the fan base back in, and then lose the meaningful games. It gets so old. Prove me wrong this year lions! I'll gladly shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Prater is the one part of the lions I like. That guy is ones of the greatest. It's still the SOL though. They do this every year. Reel the fan base back in, and then lose the meaningful games. It gets so old. Prove me wrong this year lions! I'll gladly shut up
    Lions are on track for three wins this year.

They ruined a perfect 0-16 record! I'm PISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Lions are on track for three wins this year.
    After the bye week their schedule really loosens up. At this juncture I would say 6 wins are probable.
    Not that it matters, to make me happy I want a playoff appearance AND a win. Not just a playoff appearance, we’ve had those.

They ruined a perfect 0-16 record! I'm PISSED
    If it makes you feel any better the Tigers lost 5 straight one run games in the last week and improved their draft position from 8th to 3rd. After only 5 years of tanking they have it down to an art.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    After the bye week their schedule really loosens up. At this juncture I would say 6 wins are probable.
    Not that it matters, to make me happy I want a playoff appearance AND a win. Not just a playoff appearance, we’ve had those.
    Saints, Bucs, Titans, Falcons, Colts, Jags and Texans are winnable, but no gimmies. Plus the rest of the division games. They'd be lucky to win 6 games with the history of this team, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    If it makes you feel any better the Tigers lost 5 straight one run games in the last week and improved their draft position from 8th to 3rd. After only 5 years of tanking they have it down to an art.
    I think all Detroit sports teams have the rebuild thing down to an art form. It goes on in perpetuity!
    I'm really surprised about the red wings though. Growing up they almost never sucked and had such a long playoff streak.

That was impressive. At this point, a higher draft pick is actually a WIN. For the Tigers, though, this is the last year I want to see them picking high. If these guys are legit, next year should be a pivot point with .500 a reasonable goal, and 2022 should hopefully see them start to contend.

I think all Detroit sports teams have the rebuild thing down to an art form. It goes on in perpetuity!
    I'm really surprised about the red wings though. Growing up they almost never sucked and had such a long playoff streak.
    It wasn't really surprising. Holland got a lot of credit for the multiple Cups and the great run they had, but in reality, he had it pretty easy considering that Illitch was wiling to keep the checkbook open. Once the salary cap went in, reality set in and the writing was on the wall that they'd no longer be a top tier team.

I'm excited moving forward. The Lightning just won the Cup last night and a lot of that team was built by Yzerman. The most annoying part for the Wings has been that, as bad as they've been, they've been screwed over by the lottery for four or five years straight now. This most recent draft lottery, where a playoff qualifying team got the number one pick, was straight up bull***t.

For all the Stafford bashing he did lead a masterful final drive, as he did in week one where he hit his receiver in the numbers for what should have been the winning score, and should be 2-1.

The problem is still lack of defense which in game three was just barely adequate and bailed out my some lucky interception.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    It wasn't really surprising. Holland got a lot of credit for the multiple Cups and the great run they had, but in reality, he had it pretty easy considering that Illitch was wiling to keep the checkbook open. Once the salary cap went in, reality set in and the writing was on the wall that they'd no longer be a top tier team.

I'm excited moving forward. The Lightning just won the Cup last night and a lot of that team was built by Yzerman. The most annoying part for the Wings has been that, as bad as they've been, they've been screwed over by the lottery for four or five years straight now. This most recent draft lottery, where a playoff qualifying team got the number one pick, was straight up bull***t.
    Yup, I hear ya on the lottery picks. And agreed! Yzerman built the lightning into what they are today and when he came back to Detroit I couldn't have been more excited. We'll contend again. I have good childhood memories of going to wings games at the Joe and eating cheap little Caesar's in the stands, climbing up those steep steps to the shabby red vinyl seats, good times!

I'm guessing that the season will end early due to COVID-19 spreading among players and staff. So I'm retracting my prediction that the Lions will win three games.

Saints are banged up big time for Sundays game. Lions should win it and several others after the bye week. Their remaining schedule appears to be easy at this point. Time for Matthew Stafford to step up, carry this team on his shoulders to a playoff appearance and a playoff win.

Saints are banged up big time for Sundays game. Lions should win it and several others after the bye week. Their remaining schedule appears to be easy at this point. Time for Matthew Stafford to step up, carry this team on his shoulders to a playoff appearance and a playoff win.
    The Lions should have won a lot of games over the years but seldom do. Hence they are are a 4.5 underdog last I looked.

The Lions should have won a lot of games over the years but seldom do. Hence they are are a 4.5 underdog last I looked.
    And of course the experts are right. Like death and taxes, the Lions losing is once again pretty much a sure thing. We could all be rich by now if we just had enough sense to bet against them every week.
    Last edited by 401don; October-04-20 at 03:27 PM.

It makes sense why they fired Caldwell. Too much winning with him. Gotta go back to sub .500 lol!

Potential candidates to replace the Lions HC & GM: Nobody from New England - period!

It makes sense why they fired Caldwell.
    Ditto, I can't understand why they fired Caldwell.

LMAO, they let the Saints score 35 straight points with all their injuries. I thought Patricia was a defensive mastermind? This defense sucks. As I said in a earlier post, there are no "easy wins" I expect them to find a way to lose the next 4 games after the bye. This should be "Black Monday" for Quinntricia, but the Ford's have no guts. They both should be the 1st casualties of this Covid-19 NFL season. Damn shame....
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-05-20 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Ditto, I can't understand why they fired Caldwell.
    The Fords said Caldwell had reached his ceiling, at 9-7. F_cking ridiculous. Caldwell has the highest winning percentage in Lions history, made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years he was here, but Patricia tried to throw Caldwell under the bus at his presser, by saying the team and roster was bad when he took over. Was Caldwell a great coach? No. Look what you've settled for. I guess that's not saying much. Patricia is 10-25-1 currently as HC. Gimme a f-eakin break..
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-05-20 at 02:14 PM.

What can I say? Stafford didn’t step up and carry this team on his shoulders. [[I know it’s not ALL his fault, he doesn’t play defense) It was a complete defensive collapse. This team is comprised of men who have played football for practically their entire lives, it shouldn’t be like this.

Even the Cleveland Browns are better than this dumpster fire, called the Detroit Lions. They are 3-1. When was the last time that happened? They put 49 pts on Dallas, and beat them for the 1st time since 1994. Go figure.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-05-20 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    The Fords said Caldwell had reached his ceiling, at 9-7. F_cking ridiculous. Caldwell has the highest winning percentage in Lions history, made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years he was here, but Patricia tried to throw Caldwell under the bus at his presser, by saying the team and roster was bad when he took over. Was Caldwell a great coach? No. Look what you've settled for. I guess that's not saying much. Patricia is 10-25-1 currently as HC. Gimme a f-eakin break..
    Preach!
    I'm kinda happy for browns fans. Besides the lions they've toiled in futility watching their team bumble around for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Caldwell had a good thing going but he wasn't the coach to take the team to the next level - which I agree with. That was the whole reason for bringing in Patricia. That obviously has not worked out. Supposed "defensive genius" coaches the worst defense in the league.

Quinn has failed spectacularly as well. Brings in his friend who is clearly under qualified to coach the team. Gets nothing out of the draft [[seriously it's ridiculous how bad his drafts have been), gives piles of money to busted free agents, trades away good players for nothing because they don't agree with the coaching philosophy [[they're right too - it's clearly garbage). This whole regime has gone bad big time.

Both of these guys need to go. The Lions need to clean the slate and start over. Immediately. The longer this is allowed to continue, the harder it will be to dig out from. Bill O'Brien just got cashed in Houston. The Lions need to do the same. Knowing the ownership, these guys will be here through the end of the season.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast