Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Here is 2020 Detroit Lions.

The NFL might have football teams play in stadiums without fans. It will be televised.

With new running backs, tight ends, wide receivers, safeties and others along with same ole sloppy Stafford. The Detroit Lions will get a 9-6 record. They might made the wild card and lose. No playoffs chances and no Super Bowl this year Sorry Just the same ole Lions. Just get rid of Stafford and get a new QB and Lions are back in this fight.

If not this will Patricia's and the GM's last football season.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Here is 2020 Detroit Lions.

The NFL might have football teams play in stadiums without fans. It will be televised.

With new running backs, tight ends, wide receivers, safeties and others along with same ole sloppy Stafford. The Detroit Lions will get a 9-6 record. They might made the wild card and lose. No playoffs chances and no Super Bowl this year Sorry Just the same ole Lions. Just get rid of Stafford and get a new QB and Lions are back in this fight.

Are you saying the Lions are so inept they missed one game?

They shouldn't have survived after last year. The Fords are just too nice.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-28-20 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Are you saying the Lions are so inept they missed one game?
    Maybe the NFL is introducing mulligans this year.

Vegas has them at 100 to 1 for a super bowl win. I’m surprised it’s that high.

Easy schedule for prognosticating:
    Name:  ls.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  75.5 KB

I would go out on NO TYPE of a limb at all and say 8 and 8. Maybe 9 and 7, maybe 7 and 9. Vegas has the at 6.5 wins, they’re usually pretty smart.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I would go out on NO TYPE of a limb at all and say 8 and 8. Maybe 9 and 7, maybe 7 and 9. Vegas has the at 6.5 wins, they’re usually pretty smart.
    Not with that schedule. They were 3-12-1 and still didn't get a break. SOL.

Not with that schedule. They were 3-12-1, and the NFL still didn't give them a break. I'd be shocked if they won 6 games.

Win, lose, or draw, attendance will be sharply limited probably for most of the season. It's just not gonna seem the same without a packed house. Oh....wait.....Lions never have had a packed house lately...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Win, lose, or draw, attendance will be sharply limited probably for most of the season. It's just not gonna seem the same without a packed house. Oh....wait.....Lions never have had a packed house lately...........
    i wouldn’t say that every game is an absolute sellout, if you want to go tickets are usually available at a decent price but the place is generally filled up fairly well.

Winning starts at the very top.....any thoughts on the NFL pulling the franchise?

Bloomberg: Since Bill Ford became chairman in 1999, the automaker’s shares are down -91%, while the S&P 500 index is up 129%. “We feel very good about our plan,” Ford said.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Winning starts at the very top.....any thoughts on the NFL pulling the franchise?

Bloomberg: Since Bill Ford became chairman in 1999, the automaker’s shares are down -91%, while the S&P 500 index is up 129%. “We feel very good about our plan,” Ford said.
    I think the biggest immediate obstacle would be the passing of Martha Ford. The infighting in the next generation between Bill Ford Jr. & his sisters seem unresolved at this point. Their family has resolved bigger issues though in their past. As far as the Lions moving from Detroit, I don't see it. The NFL went out of their way to restore teams when Cleveland & Baltimore lost franchises to other cities, and we're bigger tv markets than they are. The same could happen here of course, but I bet the Ford Family and the NFL would go out of their way to see that doesn't occur. However, as I mentioned once before, the London Lions does have a nice ring to it.

Detroit Lions owner Martha Ford hands over reins to daughter

• Sheila Ford Hamp to be principal owner, chairman effective immediately
    • Martha Firestone Ford took ownership in 2014 after husband died
    • Lions made two playoff appearances under her leadership

Detroit Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford is passing the reins to her daughter Sheila Ford Hamp, according to a Tuesday statement from the team.

Hamp, who has increased her involvement with the football team in recent years, takes over as the NFL team's principal owner and chairman. Ford, 94, will become chairman emeritus. The change is effective immediately, according to team spokesman Ben Manges.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/sports...reins-daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Detroit Lions owner Martha Ford hands over reins to daughter

• Sheila Ford Hamp to be principal owner, chairman effective immediately
    • Martha Firestone Ford took ownership in 2014 after husband died
    • Lions made two playoff appearances under her leadership
    Probably a good move that Martha is stepping aside, at 94. The unknown is what kind of owner her Daughter will be. Will she be a loyalist like WCF and Martha were? Or will she be a "Hammer Dropper"? Hope it's the latter.

well, best of luck. still, it's a bizarre time to take over a team in the midst of this pandemic. attendance across the league will be likely lower, and I hope that chairwoman Ford-Hamp keeps personnel and public safety as the priority.

Whatever the Lions do, the NFL is gonna have a badly fractured season this year. No fans in the stands, and TV viewing will drop greatly. Not looking forward to this fall at all. Besides, most of us will be dead, according to CNN.

Sources are reporting [[CNN) somebody asked the new owner at the press conference what a jock strap is & apparently she didn't know?

Oh well, long season, buckle-up. . . . .

I’ll say the same thing I’ve said for about two decades: it’s time for a playoff appearance and a playoff win. Just a playoff appearance isn’t good enough, We’ve had those, it’s time for the second playoff win in 60 years.

I’ll say the same thing I’ve said for about two decades: it’s time for a playoff appearance and a playoff win. Just a playoff appearance isn’t good enough, We’ve had those, it’s time for the second playoff win in 60 years.
    You're setting the bar way too high for a Lions fan. Just hope for a good tight end in next year's draft.

New owner [[daughter) wants to sign Kaepernick. . . .your right, bar is set on the lowest level [[ground).

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    New owner [[daughter) wants to sign Kaepernick. . . .your right, bar is set on the lowest level [[ground).
    Why ? On paper he'd be the best back-up we've had in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Why ? On paper he'd be the best back-up we've had in 20 years.
    Miquel Cabrera looks good on paper. Kaepernick hasn't played in almost 4 years.

we're almost at August. are there going to be pre season games at all or for the sake of [[hopeful) safety, it is canceled this time around?

While were talking about football, I just got a sneak-peak at the new logo for the Washington Redskins.

Name:  skins [[2).jpg
Views: 572
Size:  103.1 KB

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast