Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Close call Lions. Barely got away from Washington so-called Redskins. They were about to scalp your heads.

Lions 30
    Washington 27

4-5

Nine down seven to go.

You almost lost your job Matty Patty! Let's see you can hang on.
    Last edited by Danny; November-15-20 at 08:38 PM.

My god, Staff's own team might get him killed. By the end of the season he might HAVE a career ending injury if his line has anything to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    The Lions could always franchise Golladay for next year. As far as Stafford goes, I’m not sure when his contract is over but I would doubt he’s going to turn his back on 20 million to retire, unless a health issue stops his career. It would be nice if he was traded to a team that might contend next year, but I don’t think that’ll happen either.

I have seen the play against the so-called Washington Redskins that one of the players has rip Stafford's helmet off his head. Luckily he didn't lose his head. It will be horrific that NFL season could be cancelled for for a long time.
    Last edited by Danny; November-18-20 at 06:25 AM.

Actually from everything I've read locally and nationally, the offensive line was considered one of the bright spots of yesterday's game. I think Stafford was sacked once and that was the only time he was touched outside the roughing the passer penalty. This against what is considered one of the best, if not THE best, defensive lines in the NFL.

The game was entertaining. A win is a win but it will only serve to prolong the current regime.

In this instance, the fans may actually lose by winning. Double thinking the twisted twists of our regrettable fandamonium.

I thought it was the best game of the year - a real nail biter until there was zero seconds left. Just the type of game the Lions usually lose. Lucky roughing the passer penalty against Chase Young at the end. Those 15 years made a huge difference, OT a was looming.

Bad Luck Stafford hurt is little 'Wittle!" pinky thumb. But he will play this Sunday only to get himself sacked again and again by the worst Lions defense in the NFL!

Oh sigh Same ole Lions!

Shhhhh Kelly Stafford, you work for the Ford's, gotta keep a muzzle on what you really think. Dont rock the boat, you gotta remember what your husband is doing in Michigan... simply playing for a paycheck, nothing more.

Same ole' up losing Lions! Panthers ate them all up and shut them out!

Panthers 20

Lions 0

4-6

Eleven down five to go.

Bad Luck Stafford can't throw a good pass. Their defense is worst in the U.S.

Get rid of Stafford He's a Jinx! Matty Patty be will fired soon. He can't coach! It's the Bobby Layne Curse all over again!
    Last edited by Danny; November-23-20 at 04:02 PM.

Every time this team hits rock bottom they grab a chisel and dig down a little further. Today they borrowed a jackhammer.

Teddy Bridgewater is out for this game. So what do the Panthers do? They trot out a ready and able P.J. Walker, fresh out of the XFL, who does an workman like job in his first NFL start for an easy win. When Stafford gets injured, what type of a backup do the Lions have? They have guys that try, but nobody that can win a game. It's maddening to me how bad this ownership is - it's has to easily be the worst in all of sports, maybe the worst in the history of sports.

Jim Caldwell was a good coach who took them to the playoffs, which is conduct unbecoming of a Lion, so he had to be fired to make room for a lousy coach.
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; November-22-20 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Jim Caldwell was a good coach who took them to the playoffs, which is conduct unbecoming of a Lion, so he had to be fired to make room for a lousy coach.
    You have to remember, a 9-7 record won't cut it Quinn said. Patricia is 13-28-1 after yesterday's debacle, with more losses forthcoming.

The only "thanks" for this holiday giving will come when the owner finally fires those two-clowns from NE & the wood-pecker prez!

While at it. . . .trade Stafford for PJ Walker!

Caldwell took the losing Lions to s Wild Card Game against Dallas Cowboys not the playoffs. Bad Luck Stafford threw a lot of stupid pass plays by the 4th quarter and loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    The only "thanks" for this holiday giving will come when the owner finally fires those two-clowns from NE & the wood-pecker prez!

While at it. . . .trade Stafford for PJ Walker!
    I agree get rid that jinx. We need PJ Walker any QB. Stafford is worried about paying expensive bills rather the being out the field playing football.

Professional athletes these days can be snobby rich and gloat. But they will never who they really are in themselves. They can have 15 minutes of being a superstar until they injure themselves and end their careers in a flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Professional athletes these days can be snobby rich and gloat.
    Which begs the question. With no fans in the stands -- no gate receipts, no beer and hot dog receipts, etc. -- when will salaries start to be cut? Despite the 'no fans' covid problem, I still see athletes in all sports being signed for the usual multi million dollar packages in the paper each day.

Even for the Lions, that was one of the most listless, disinterested, and plain awful exhibitions of football that I've ever seen. The Lions offense looked like they were in a pre-season scrimmage that they wanted to end asap because it was too hot out. Just awful.

My sister, who lives in NC, actually went to that game [[as part of the small socially-distanced crowd). She got the tickets because her husband is a first responder, and the only thing she was happy about was that they didn't pay full price for an NFL game. Since the Lions didn't actually show up to play NFL football. They were falling asleep by the 4th quarter.

Clearly Patricia has lost the team [[if he ever had them) and Qunn's "win now" moves have left them with a team that can barely win ever [[and then only if Stafford is healthy and playing). Yuck. Fire them all as quickly as can be done, and start over... again.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; November-23-20 at 01:12 PM.

It's 1958 When Lions QB Bobby Layne was traded to Pittsburgh Steelers. He curse the Lions team say they " The Lions will never win a championship game in 50 years."

I dislike the Bobby Layne Curse, but its working against the same ole losing Lions.

Also Bad Luck Matthew Stafford went to the same high school as Bobby Layne and He grew on the same street as Bobby Layne.
    Last edited by Danny; November-23-20 at 03:30 PM.

Caldwell took the losing Lions to s Wild Card Game against Dallas Cowboys...
    The wildcard games are considered playoff games.

The wildcard games are considered playoff games.
    Ya Think? Some people need to think, before they post.

A wild card game is a wild card game. And its for the NFL playoffs,

A wild card game is a wild card game. And its for the NFL playoffs,
    I totally agree with Danny on this one.

Somebody mentioned Bob Quinn was actually "hiding under his desk" instead of being available to talk to the press recently. . . . .

Bad Luck Stafford been QB of the losing Lions since 2009 out of number pick of the NFL draft and 11 years later he is still a jinx just like Bobby Layne! And the Ford Family has wasted $135 Million dollars on that clumsy man!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast